“Nice Staff, Clean Hotel”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Southern NH
“Nice Staff, Clean Hotel”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel is located off the main road in a business complex - odd location, but fine. The hotel is undergoing renovations so it was noisy when we arrived but stopped at the end of the day and they didn't work on the weekend. There are many places around to eat but a car would be necessary. We were greeted warmly and checked in quickly when we arrived. Our room was a king suite (with jacuzzi tub and full kitchen) and was spacious for the five of us. Indoor pool was small, clean and provided towels. Breakfast was included and had many offerings, including eggs, sausage, bagels, muffins, pastries, cereals, yogurts and make your own waffles. All of the pastry items were individually wrapped - awesome! All staff was extremely helpful and very friendly. We would have preferred to be closer to our ultimate destination in Amherst but any hotel closer than here had been booked for months. This Comfort Inn was clean and welcoming and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NH_Mom_4
Comfort_Inn_Suites, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear NH_Mom_4,
Thank you so much for posting this positive review. We are working hard to minimize the inconvenience our current renovations are creating, although we are so excited for the end product we will be offering . I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Your comments on our friendly staff and great breakfast will definitely be shared with our team. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Mark Henshaw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Glendale, New York, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Where do I begin?!
Location is terrible, this hotel looks abandoned.
We made our reservations 2 months before going for 2 non-smoking rooms.
The hotel looked disgusting, but since we made the reservation, we figured we would just stay there, it was only one night anyway.
We opened the door to our first room and the smell of cigarettes slapped me in my face! We were traveling with 2 infants, and we are non smokers, not to mention when booking this hotel online their website stated this was a smoke free environment. Let me tell you it was farrrr from smoke free. We immediately go downstairs and speak with the receptionist to let her know these rooms were reserved 2 months ago for non smoking rooms. Well this woman goes on to tell us our reservation was made the day before from a third party website! We sit there and try to explain to her that was not the case. In fact I opened my email and showed her it was made 2 months ago for non smoking rooms directly from their website. She completely ignores my emails that clearly states everything and basically keeps insisting that we booked the hotel the day before and we have to stick it out with a smoking room!
As if dealing with her wasn't bad enough, we decided to just speak to whoever was in charge (manager) she goes on to tell us there is no one available but her. So on a Saturday night there are no managers available!
The receptionist was a nightmare! There was proof of us booking the hotel in advanced and proof of non smoking rooms and proof of booking directly from their website yet she chose to ignore all of it.
She told us there were no more rooms available in the hotel and we would have to sleep in the smoking rooms with infants. And we wouldn't get a refund if we chose to leave.
So we decide to leave because there is just no way we could stay there.
We are in front of the building searching hotels in our car and the receptionist comes out to tell us she has choice hotels on the phone and they would like to speak to me.
I get on the phone with them, give them my reservation number and low and behold our reservation on her system says it was booked 2 months prior with non smoking rooms in what was supposed to be a non smoking hotel.
The representative is also baffled at how this situation was handled, she then speaks to the receptionist and now all of a sudden we were able to get our refund.
The receptionist handled this situation very poorly in my opinion, proof was given to her and she still refused, her attitude was disgusting, she made little nasty comments even while I was on the phone with the choice hotels representative.
I've said at many choice hotels and I have to say this is by far the worst experience I've ever had with this hotel, we will probably never use choice hotels again because of this.
Because of this whole ordeal we weren't able to get another hotel booked until almost 11pm that night. We were traveling with infants, there was just no consideration what so ever on comfort inns behalf, they really need to understand that their front desk person is the face of their hotel.
In the end she gave us a few $10 off meal cards to the Olive Garden, which was a slap in the face if you ask me. It was like here take these and go away.
This was just the worst experience ever, we will not be coming back

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Cynthia,
I am so sorry to hear of the experience you recently had with us. First, I did verify that there were no charges posted to you for this reservation. Secondly, I would request the opportunity to speak with you directly so I can try to make this right. The details you provided will be a tremendous source so that I can investigate how the situation occurred in the beginning and correct it. I can also assure you that your comments will be addressed with both individual staff members and our team as a whole so that we can use this experience to be better trained for future guests. Please accept my apologies. I hope to hear from you soon.
Mark Henshaw, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these West Springfield hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were only there for a night and I was disappointed as soon as I walked in. The lobby was hot even though we asked the lady who checked us in if the air was on and she said "yes". Maybe it was on her side but not on our side. My mother checked in first and had my Grandmother with her. After she checked in I asked would that room be on the first floor and they said no, the second floor. I asked where the elevators were and guess what folks.....there were none. Now how is an 88 year old woman who is a heart patient going to handle steps? She can barely walk without holding on to someone. So they were put on the first floor and had to pay extra for that room as it was a suite. Why would a hotel this day in age not have elevators? And that if a person is elderly or disabled they are forced to pay the price of the suite because the hotel doesn't have elevators??? Big Fail on Comfort Inn's behalf. My room was on the second floor which means we had to haul our over night bags and clothes up 2 flights. The room was decent with a pull out bed in the couch, king bed, flat screen tv, mini fridge, and microwave. No beautiful view at all. The bathroom was up to par but they didn't have a fresh roll of toilet tissue in the dispenser. It was half used. The room was clean but sadly I would not recommend this hotel at all due to their lack of convenience to the disabled and elderly.

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Angela Monique R
Comfort_Inn_Suites, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your recent stay. Although I am glad that you felt your guestroom met your needs, our lack of an elevator seems to have been the biggest inconvenience. Our two story facility has operated without an elevator since opening over 15 years ago. With the opening of many new hotels under different brands, an elevator has become and expectation for many travelers. We understand that and have already begun a major renovation to the property that will include the addition of an elevator. Our new elevator will be operational late this summer. I would request that you contact me directly at 413-736-5000 so that I may address your concerns personally. We would love to earn your business back.
Regards,
Providence,RI
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Close to everything, but tucked away enough to be away from the hustle and bustle.
Stayed in a suite, was spacious and had all the amenities, even fireplace.

Tried for an early check-in, but manager stated every room was sold out previous night due to large cheerleading convention. He was extremely apologetic that He was not able to offer that.

Rooms were large and clean Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. breakfast buffet was varied and fresh! Even kept open for a little while extra, as we had came down a little late.

Re-inforces why Comfort Inn is my brand of "Choice"!!!

Room Tip: Pick a suote if you can!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Comfort_Inn_Suites, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear W38Q,
Thank you so much for this great review. Your detailed comments will also be shared with our staff and will serve as further motivation to keep up the good work. We can't wait to see you back again!
Warren, Rhode Island
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Parking lot has an abundance of litter. Front desk person(Sonya) 5 stars. Lobby itself cluttered. Room was somewhat dusty with carpeting needing cleaning. Bed comfortable. Breakfast very poor BUT we did go down late in the morning and the Inn was totally sold out with many(far too many) cheerleaders staying there for a nearby competition. The breakfast room had a few eggs, a few muffins, weak coffee and juice and not much else, but possibly not the Comfort Inn 's fault due to the crowd. Overall not the usual quality of Comfort Inns we have come to expect. Nearby are a number of stores and food establishments. Went to Cal,s for an EXCELLENT meal.

Room Tip: Did have a handicap room(do not know why) which was at the end of the hall and seemingly somewhat mo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alfred S
Comfort_Inn_Suites, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Stjohnar,
We appreciate your time to share your feedback on your recent stay. Let me be the first to apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. Although there was a large cheerleading event locally, your experience still should have been positive. We definitely stand behind our commitment to your satisfaction and I would request you contact me directly at the hotel so I may have the opportunity to address your concerns personally. I hope to hear from you soon!
metro NYC
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed here when visiting a student at UMass Amherst. The hotels closer to the college were all booked. This wasn't a terrible drive - maybe 20 minutes or so. The positive was that we had a 2 room suite - so the college kid stayed on the pullout watching movies late, while the adults and younger siblings got to go to sleep in the bedroom. Unfortunately, the bathroom was in the bedroom, so she had to come in and risk waking us when she needed to. Oh well. The beds/sheets were clean. The front desk staff was nice. That's about all the positive I have to say. The rooms were very tired. They are showing wear. Our ice bucket looked a little grimy. The doors were all scratched up around the handles and needed a good scrub and some paint. The toilet handle kept sticking and we'd have to mess around with it to get it to refill. Basically, if I had no where else to stay in the area, I'd be fine staying there. But I will try to book early enough next time that I can get a little nicer place.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NY_Michigander
Comfort_Inn_Suites, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for taking some time to review your recent stay. I am so glad that our convenience to UMASS and the set up of the suite were positives for your stay. Your comments regarding the overall age of the suite is important to us as well. We are just about to begin a major renovation to the property. Upgrades include completely new bathrooms, remodeled guestrooms and the addition of an elevator. We will also be renovating our lobby and breakfast room areas as well. Your comments only help us to make the right improvements. I hope you will come back again and give us an opportunity to show you our upgraded facility the next time you come back to the area.
Meriden, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I travel very frequent and usually spend most nights at a inn. But this Inn is amazing! I have seen other reviews for this Inn stating this Inn is not clean.. WRONG at least when I stayed! I stayed in the king non smoking suite with a fireplace. Every thing was clean and in order. No visible stains or dust anywhere. The bedroom, living area and bath room was big enough for me to go around in my wheelchair without any inconvenient. The fireplace heated the whole suite within minutes! I will have to make an inquiring about the bed. I loved everything about the bed. The choices between plush or firm pillows to the amazing mattress. I traveled from South Deerfield to Holyoke to Springfield back in forth with in problem. The Staff was very friendly and helpful. The only down side was the pool time. Most of the evening children were running back and forth. Overall experience.. I just booked again for next month :)

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank DashTraveler
Comfort_Inn_Suites, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you so much for your review. Your comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We look forward to having you back again next month!
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#4 of 17 in West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!