“Never book for a longer stay!”
Review of Shaker Mill Inn

Shaker Mill Inn
Peissenberg
“Never book for a longer stay!”
Reviewed 15 February 2010

We stayed there nearly 14 days. It was our base for cruising around the Berkshires.
Each day the breakfast was interesting, we could choose between bacon, egg, muffins & pancakes but several times we had vouchers for nearby breakfast places, like Noog & Cranny or Perk in the Berk.
Twice the hosts totally forgot us and we had to buy something by ourselves. At the end we had paid nearly 50 $ for breakfast outside the Inn although we paid for B&B because the vouchers never fit with the prices outside. (we got the money back at the end of our stay)
Room was clean, litter too small and first try to open up our windows ends nearly in a destroy disaster. Beds were okay. There a signs everywhere that you should save the earth by minimize your waste and the energy. But every time we went back into our room there were always the lights on! Although we switched them off before we left!
Bob & Mary are nice, they bought the Inn 2 years ago and maybe they have to fit into the role as hosts.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
PA
Reviewed 1 January 2010

We found the Inn on the Internet and were pleasantly surprised that it exceeded our expectations. We arrived at night to find a friendly note welcoming us to the Inn. Upon entering the Greylock room we were greeted with soft music, a bottle of wine and a view of the mountains behind the Inn. Bob came by to welcome us and suggest a few eateries. However, the Greylock was so warm and inviting it was an effort to leave the room. We went to the adjacent Tavern for a low key and enjoyable evening. We wandered around the Village and then headed back to relax in the cozy room. From the continental breakfast to the soaking salts for the bath, Bob and his wife have thought of everything to make a stay at their Inn a truly memorable experience. We look forward to returning.

1 Thank travelingbuddha
Maine
Reviewed 28 December 2009

Found this gem online while searching for a place in the Berkshires....my first choice was a simple hotel - but for the same price, we stayed in the lovely honeymoon suite at the Shaker Mill Inn. From the time I drove up, to the time I picked up my personalized note at the front office.....welcoming me and telling me that my room had been prepared....I was in awe at the attention to detail. I walked in, the fire was going, the room was bright and fresh and I was like a kid in a candy store, looking behind every door and waiting for the next surprise! Bob, one of the innkeepers, came to check on me and welcome me - it was Christmas day- and I began my w/end stay relaxed and comfortable. When I opened the frig to put away my items I had brought, there was a wonderful surprise, quiche for the morning, fruit, juice, condiments and fresh baked goodies in the basket! Teas, coffees, popcorn, hot cocoa - all at the lovely buffet in the kitchen. The town is totally walk-able, and there is a tavern just about a stones throw away. The private entrance and the deck on the back was just perfect, and I can imagine ourselves there in the fall and/or summer time sitting out there, enjoying the view. Quiet, clean, comfortable and WAY affordable. Oh, and total relaxation in the (bigger than) 2 person jacuzzi tub in the spacious bathroom! Don't miss the opportunity to check this place out before going anywhere else. Within minutes we were at the Rockwell Museum, the Furnace Brook Winery, the Prime Outlet Stores and the sweetest shops in West Stockbridge. A do-over for sure! And a new tradition for this happy couple.

1 Thank njmack
New Hampshire
Reviewed 21 December 2009

We were simply looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the holidays for one night. We found our perfect escape in a night in the Honeymoon Suite of the Shaker Mill Inn. It was everything that we were hoping for with lots of little extras. The two person spa tub was heavenly. The bed was very comfortable. The best surprise of the trip was the Tavern just yards away from our door with the most delicious twist on pub fare that we have ever experienced. We left relaxed, rejuvinated, and reconnected.

skystaveler108
Reviewed 12 December 2009

The Shaker Mill Inn was a cozy and welcoming refuge on a chilly, November night. When I arrived their was a fire in the gas fireplace, a small bottle of wine on the table, and a selection of teas, hot chocolate and popcorn. The room was large and comfortable and set back from the road, so there was no street traffic. It was an excellent location, especially for attending the Kripalu Yoga Center in Stockbridge.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Walpole, MA
Reviewed 8 November 2009

After visiting my daughter in Springfield & going to NY for a visit on Sunday, we decided to drive to Stockbridge for the night and we found the Shaker Mill Inn by accident & we were glad we did. From the moment I walked into the office to see if they had any vacancy, I met Bob who was so friendly and he said they had 1 room left. He took me up to see the Washington Room & I was very impressed. Our stay couldn't have been nicer. When we arrived @ 5:00 Bob & Mary were getting ready to go to an event @ The Norman Rockwell Museum @ 5:30, but that didn't stop them from making sure we were settled, brought us a bottle of wine, a snack & they were off. When we arrived after a fun night @ the Shaker Tavern (on the corner), they had left a basket of breakfast goodies, OJ and all the condiments in our refrigerator. To say the least, we had a wonderful stay and look forward to our next visit, hopefully this winter. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for a clean, comfortable and relaxing place to stay!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 22 October 2009

We were looking for an overnight stop as part of a week long trip to New England. Found this on the Internet as a late deal and booked based on the very good reviews. We were not disappointed. Rooms are huge and very well equipped - coffee and pastries and a welcoming glass of wine as well as a fridge and large TV. You can see the owners have gone to a lot of trouble and the attention to detail is very good. W Stockbridge is a pretty village and there are a number of restaurants nearby. Also well located to explore the nearby area - Shaker Village, Rockwell museum etc.
Really pleased with our choice.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
#1 of 19 in Lenox
Inn at Stockbridge
Inn at Stockbridge
#2 of 8 in Stockbridge

Been to Shaker Mill Inn? Share your experiences!