Pleasant Valley Motel West Stockbridge
The Red Lion Inn(Stockbridge)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$192
Hampton Terrace Inn(Lenox)
US$222
US$211
Official Site
Garden Gables Inn(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$222
Official Site
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$200
LakeHouse Inn(Lee)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$104
US$93
AscendHotels
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$77
Blantyre(Lenox)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsper nightnew fixturesdry cerealan older propertyking bedflat screen tvbagelswould stay againone night staymicrowavestockbridgeturnpikeojprosmasscozy
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We have stayed here for the past 3 years when we go to Tanglewood. While I was never keen on the place, it was adequate for our needs, the price was right, and each time we only stayed one night. We just returned from our latest overnight there and we will definitely not be going back. The owner is nice enough, and even told us that some of the rooms were renovated and that the mattresses were new last year. Well, getting in from the concert after midnight, my husband, as is his custom, yanked the covers off the bed prior to laying down. At that point, I couldn't help but notice that the sheets were flat sheets rather than fitted and did not cover the sides of the mattress. The mattress itself was stained (and we were in a renovated room). The pillow almost smelled dank. Since I was tired and had no place else to sleep, I slept in my clothes and when I awoke I lifted the sheets to see a decrepit and filthy mattress cover. I can overlook many things, but a filthy bed is not one of them. My advice: if you stay here, check the bed first!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank RWNW
Reviewed 14 August 2013

To put it simply, this is exactly how I imagine motels were in the 60s - a roadside place where you pull your car right up to the door for the night. It has basic amenities, plus strong wifi (multiple routers), a small breakfast, and a pool (which we didn't use). Most noticeably, the owner seemed very warm and interested in us enjoying our stay, and the price is unbelievable for being in a resort/tourist area like this.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank uclabobby
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We found the accommodation comfortable, clean and spacious, and very good value for money. We were travelling as a family of four and it was perfect for our needs. We appreciate the attention to caring for the garden, but perhaps don't run the hedge trimmers while guests are eating breakfast outside?

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Andrew E
Reviewed 12 August 2013

So we decided to take a trip up to the Berkshires and had problems finding a hotel that wasn't booked up. Then, I stumbled upon an ad for Pleasant Valley Motel in W. Stockbridge. The outside of the motel is really cute with lots of pretty hanging baskets of flowers across the entire front and a white picket fence around the covered breakfast area.

Once we were given the room and stepped inside, the disappointment began. Seems all of the rooms haven't been renovated, and we got one that wasn't. The room was clean enough. However, that was about it. The tiles on the bathroom floor were coming up, the bathtub had rust all over it because the finish was all worn off. The grout needed cleaning, and the pipe in the wall of the shower was loose. If you put on the AC, whenever the compressor turns on, the AC slows down and the lights dim really low. You can only use the microwave or fridge as there wasn't enough outlets. Mostly we were worried there would be an electrical fire.

So we thought we would take a short nap before heading out to Great Barrington to dinner. Well, the springs from the mattress attacked my back. I jumped off the bed and tried the other bed which was a tiny bit better.

Needless to say, I didn't sleep at all that night, since I was literally in pain from the mattress.

Then came continental breakfast the next morning. There was only some cornflakes, O.J. and coffee. If you don't care for that breakfast, bring your own as I did. Since I don't drink coffee, I brought my tea and I also brought my oatmeal.

We planned on using the pool, which was spotlessly clean, but the weather had other plans for us. It was pouring rain, so we headed to the Rockwell Museum early.

So my suggestion is if you plan on staying at this motel, ask for a renovated room. The place is well worth the money, and the family running it are very nice.

Phyllis from Florida

Room Tip: Make sure you get a renovated room. Motel is a few hundred feet from the highway so there's noise occasionally.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YerTizUS
Reviewed 7 August 2013

The Pleasant Valley Motel in West Stockbridge MA is a wonderful roadside country motel. The setting is so calming and comfortable. The rooms are clean, most with newly renovated bathrooms. Beds are comfortable, great working free wifi and good assortment of channels on the TV. You will also find a crystal clear outdoor pool and a continental breakfast. The motel is close to all that the Berkshires have to offer. For $36.00 &tax for midweek this property is a gem.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business