“Still a great value”

Pleasant Valley Motel West Stockbridge
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I reviewed The Pleasant Valley Motel a little under a year ago and I would still give it a 4 star rating. Not much of a change in physical appearence both inside and out. This again is a country roadside motel with very few amenities. But with that said you will still find a clean room, some with updated bathrooms, great comfortable beds, flat screen T.V. and great working WIFI. The property sits on a two lane road overlooking some of the Berkshire Mountain range and a beautiful manicured lawn.This is not a in town property so it is pretty quiet. You will also find a seasonal outdoor pool, a meager continental breakfast and a very caring owner who called my room to make sure I was satisfied with the accommodations. This makes for a very happy return guest. This is far from the Four Seasons Hotel but for $36.00 per night AARP rate the Pleasant Valley is a gem.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 May 2014

1) You'd best be a very sound sleeper. Walls are very thin and plumbing is very loud. If someone flushes toilet or uses shower while you're sleeping, you're very likely to be woken up. You can also hear any conversation outside that is nearby your room.
2) You have no control of the thermostat. If you want the heat on, you have to ask the front desk.
3) Similarly, if you want to use the kitchenette fridge in the room, you have to ask for it to be turned on.
3) Cleanliness is an issue. Cobwebs on shower ceiling, mega dust bunnies under bed. Towels clean, but they had stains on them.

That said, the place is very affordable and the family that runs it is very friendly.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank powderdaysinjax
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a 60's Motor Inn, maintained with few updates. Yes there's a flat panel TV, fridge and microwave... but no in-room coffee, frilly appointments or designer soaps. A comfortable bed, clean surroundings and convenient location.

There was some chipping paint, thin towels and they really shouldn't list it as offering 'breakfast' (coffee, juice and corn-flakes)... but the bed was comfortable, the shower delightful and you can't beat parking your car right next to your door for loading/unloading!

It appears to be owned and run by an East Indian family, so don't expect long chats in English about what to see/do in the area... but if you need anything, they'll do their best to help.

When you pay as little as we did - you wonder if you're getting yourself into a dive - we were pleasantly surprised and very pleased. We would definitely come back and recommend this to people traveling in the area... unless they're loaded and can afford to pay overly inflated prices at more 'fru-fru' places.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeaceProphet
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a cheap place but service is non-existent.

When I arrived at prime time of 8pm, there was no one in office to check-in. Only a sign that says "We will be back at 9pm" Wow, that's like 1 whole hour! Do yourself a favor and call ahead of time to make sure you can check in.

It's not a bad place except the shower drain is clogged so I have to take a shower with my feet soaked in dirty water.

Nice distance from the nearby ski slopes. There is a nice bar nearby for food and drinks but I don't really recommend the food.

Less than 1 hour from Springfield which has more attractions and better restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2014

It cost $39 a night for us. It was a decent room, clean with a comfortable bed & a TV. The furniture was a little shabby but the bathroom was newly renovated & clean too. Breakfast was free, just cereal , juice & coffee. We were only there overnight but it served our purpose very well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pstanslaus
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Based on other reviews, I decided to take a chance on this little place when I took a program at Kripalu Yoga and Health Center. Staying at Kripalu would have been too expensive and I would not have been able to attend. Since I would just be sleeping at Pleasant Valley, I could endure a lot.
I was pleasantly surprised! The folks who run this place are so cordial, so friendly, and that does matter. The room was very typical of an old-timey roadside motel in that there wasn't much in luxury. But for $45 a night, it was great. Very clean and comfortable. And what a surprise to see a large flat-screen TV and a microwave and fridge in the room. Wireless internet, something very important to me, was excellent, very fast and without issue.
Ok, the downside, hmmm...let me think. Ok, the sheets are not fitted and kept coming off the bed. And there was no clock, but they hunted around until they found a little one for me to use while there. And no, there isn't breakfast as there is no room for it, and is usually served out on the porch. It was December! So, actually, none of this matters at all. I had already paid for meals at Kripalu, so I wasn't missing anything there, and he did offer to make coffee for me before I left in the morning. Oh, the highway is behind the motel, and the toll booth is right there, so I could hear trucks braking and taking off until I fell asleep. But really, none of this mattered.
Something I found endearing, though I realize it wasn't personal. When I returned at night, always after dark, I'd look up to see that the owner was in the front window watching. I know he was looking to see who had pulled in, but it was comforting to know he was watching until I was in my room. And, his family is very pleasant, also.
I will definitely stay here whenever I visit Kripalu, and do recommend it. Just don't go expecting a Sheraton or Hampton.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank BJNS
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed here on Dec.7th while attending Christmas events in Stockbridge, MA. This motel was just a couple of miles from town. It was neat and clean with a modern bathroom. Rooms are not real modern but do have a flat screen TV and comfortable beds. Continental breakfast was limited to one type of cereal, juice and coffee.
For $40 a night, it was a great deal.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#5 of 16 in Lenox
Lantern House Motel Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrin...
#3 of 10 in Great Barrington
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
Rodeway Inn Lee
Rodeway Inn Lee
#7 of 9 in Lee

Been to Pleasant Valley Motel West Stockbridge? Share your experiences!