“Lovely old fashioned resort.”

Pleasant Valley Motel West Stockbridge
“Lovely old fashioned resort.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

A great homespun feel that differs from the national motel chain that I usually use. The owner greeted me warmly, but was not as welcoming to my 2 little dogs and charged an extra 10 dollars per dog. I checked the room out before paying because trip advisor reviews are making me cautious.
The room was very big and nicely furnished. The carpet looked brand new. Everything was clean. The minifridge, AC unit and bathroom were older but all worked extremely well.
The grounds are luxurious and elegant, perfect for walking dogs. There are beautiful flowers all across the motel front. There is a wonderful porch with plenty of chairs and tables to enjoy the morning fare of coffee, juice, fruit and cereal. Most of all, I enjoyed the presence of the family that runs this motel. Just seeing the three generations living and working together made this experience a lovely change from the national chain I usually use.

1 Thank mutant_dog_girl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

Upon entering the room, we were attacked by the flowery sweet smell of air fresheners. But no air fresheners can cover the musky, stale smell that permeates the room. Even though the bed and linens look clean enough, one can't stop wondering when the last time the mattress has been changed, or even deep cleaned. The room is dark, standard of lots of motel rooms, which is a good thing because I don't think I want to see what the carpet looks like.

The bathroom seems clean, but its smell reminds me of bathrooms in MacDonald service areas along the highway. I felt sick to the stomach. The bathtub shows telltale signs of age old scum. The faucet is so old that it does not work properly - it is impossible to judge which way to turn for shower vs tub, which way to turn for hotter of colder water.

We left the window shades open to try to let in some fresh air from outside, which was kind of futile.

That said, the staff is very friendly. Location is quite convenient to Tanglewood and other area attractions. There are nice hedges along the parking lot and the hanging flower pots are a nice touch.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these West Stockbridge hotels

Bethesda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

This motel won't win any architectural awards for the design of the this one-story, right off the highway establishment, but if there were awards for cleanliness, this would get top prize. And for friendliness and customer service. Two minutes after I got into my room, the front-desk clerked called my room to check if everything was OK, and if I was satisfied, which I appreciated.

Everything worked. I had to plug in the refrigerator and room air-conditioner -- but that's fine if they want to save energy when the room isn't in use. And on my way back to the car, I noticed the row of hanging baskets of flowers in front of every room, which was a nice touch.

For a visit where I just needed a clean and convenient place to sleep, while I spent my waking hours in Lenox and at Tanglewood, this was ideal.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
Shaker Mill Inn
Shaker Mill Inn
#1 of 1 in West Stockbridge

Been to Pleasant Valley Motel West Stockbridge? Share your experiences!