No photo provided
Add it.
Olio Italian Meditarranean
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Recently re-opened after being closed for a lengthy time.
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My wife and I were lucky to have chosen this wonderful restaurant while staying in West Stockbridge to attend a concert at Tanglewood. Located right on Main Street we were told that Olio only recently re-opened after being closed for a lengthy time which is why we didn't find any reviews for it. From the beginning we had a wonderful dining experience as my wife and one of the owners warmly conversed about their Sicilian and NYC historical backgrounds. The interior atmosphere of the restaurant is inviting and pleasant and the service was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. However it was the better than excellent main dishes that were truly memorable. Both of us agreed that the "Spinach Cannelloni" and the "Eggplant Rollatini" were two of the best Italian dishes we've eaten in many years. The "Chocolate Ganache" was a good choice for dessert, while the two salads we had were good, but not comparable to the main dishes. We did not sample any of Olio's interesting "Antipasti" selections. We definitely are looking forward to eating here again and highly recommend Olio for a great culinary experience.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

My husband and I finally had the pleasure of dining at Olio and were very pleasantly surprised. The restaurant's menu was quite good filled with a variety of food selections.. I ordered the onion soup which was excellent and we both enjoyed the pork chop preparation. The quality of the food reminded us of a great Manhattan restaurant. We look forward to another evening at Olio very soon.

1  Thank madwar
Reviewed 29 July 2012

we were pleasantly surprised how wonderful olio has become. the waiter was very knowledgable about their boutique wine list and advised us on the entrees. everyone enjoyed what they ordered and i definetly would go back there and recomment the restaurant to all of my friends

1  Thank lynn c
Reviewed 23 July 2012

What a delightful surprise! My husband and I dined at Olio's tonight and just like in Minore, Italy, while we were awaiting our order, the maître d' served us a special serving of something we had not ordered. It was sweet potato vichyssoise and garlic herbed bread. Bowled in a lapis colored square bowl topped with chives, this slightly orange cold vichyssoise delighted the palette. Soon afterwards our antipasto order of steamed mussels and Moroccan meat pies arrived. Delicious! Like nothing we've ever tasted. The pies were a lamb - crunchy pine nut mixture dipped in yogurt infused with cinnamon. Hendricks gin martinis were served in chilled vermouth infused glasses and a perfect green olive. When our main course arrived, we couldn't imagine it could get better but it did! A Beautiful Bolognese ! The owner has found the secret to fine dining in this teeny tiny village off Exit 1 of I-90. Paul is the chef.

1  Thank maryepstein
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Olio is a great addition to the West Stockbridge area. The owner Patricia was very friendly and gracious attending to all of our needs as well as the customers that arrived after us. The food was delicious, I had the Sea Bass special and my husband had the penne bolognese both were very flavorful. Even the salad was wonderful with sweet potatoes and roasted cherry tomatoes. Paul the executive chef took the time to explain the specials and the origin of all of the ingredients. We will definitely return!!

2  Thank paula m