“Olé Olé Olio”

Add it.
Olio Italian Meditarranean
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Recently re-opened after being closed for a lengthy time.
Albany
“Olé Olé Olio”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Have to admit there was some hesitation because the website and online menu are still under construction, but based on the favorable reviews we hit the road for the 45 minute drive to West Stockbridge. What a find – probably THE best dining experience of summer. From the warm welcome of our hostess to the outstanding attention of our new BFW (Best Friend Waiter) to a gracious adieu from the executive chef, this was a wonderful evening. Olio is a classy eatery with three intimate dining areas and a very relaxing atmosphere. They offer superb entrée selections, so it was tough to choose just one. In addition to an absolutely delicious potato leek soup, the Spinach Cannelloni, Penne Bolognese, and Fennell Crusted Pork Chop were out-of-this-world good. Most entrées were reasonably priced but things add up quickly when you include wine, beer, a port, and who could resist that exquisite Chocolate Ganache. Our Every-Friday-Night dining companions agree that Olio deserves a return visit…very soon. We highly recommend that you experience this wonderful dining destination

• Visited August 2012

“Loved it!..”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Much buzz, great reviews.. I was looking forward to a wonderful dining experience and was not dissappointed. The apps were superb, beautiful salad, Bass was absolutely delicious and the Bolognese was the best we've ever had! Did not have room for dessert, have to wait for next time. Will definitely return..

Wellfleet, Massachusetts
“Olio; Great Potential, Still Some Kinks”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We had a very enjoyable meal at Olio, notwithstanding some kinks in the kitchen.
The appetizers were superb. A mediterranean meat pie, wonderfully spiced and a beet salad with fried goat cheese; both marvelous.

Before our dinners arrived, the table next to us sent back a bass dish, complaining about the bass being undercooked. My wife had the tenderloin, which was nicely spiced, but came medium rather than medium rare. I had the pan seared salmon, which was cooked perfectly, but the lemon butter sauce was non existent. When I asked for some lemon, our gracious hostess suggested the chef might be upset by the request. In addition, the risotto and haricots that came with the tenderloin were bland and uninspiring. However, the rice that came with my salmon was quite good.

I think the chef might focus more on his presentation rather than his temperament and he's be well served.

All in all this is a beautiful restaurant that has great potential. Our hostess could not have been nicer, and our server, Ava, was delightful. Some more attention to the details could make this one of the finer restaurants in the Berkshires. We'll try again when we return.

• Visited August 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
“Astounding restaurant experience”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My wife and I spent a weekend in the West Stockbridge area. One evening she was eating leftovers from the night before, so I went to Olio based on the menu that was available at our B&B. It promised to be a decent dining experience, but I wasn't expecting it to be that great. I mean...really. West Stockbridge, MA? Now, I'm not trying to brag, but merely provide context...I've had the blessing to eat all over the United States, the Caribbean, and Europe. So I know food (as my waistline will attest). And I want to be cautious because it was, after all, just one meal. But Olio was just an amazing, wholly unexpected restaurant. It started with the friendly, helpful staff. Then there was the wine list...short, not surprisingly given the location of the restaurant, but very carefully chosen with a range of reasonable price choices. (As I recall, the priciest selection was an $85 Amarone; I had a very nice Aglianico for around $35.) As for the food...wow. I started with shrimp with canellini beans...lovely. But the next course was just out of this world, a fennel-crusted pork chop. Too often fennel can overwhelm a dish, but this was light and a nice counterpoint to the perfectly done chop. And the skin of the chop had just a perfect bit of seared crust that added an amazingly delicious crunch. What was really telling was that the sides were also carefully prepared. Too many restaurants, even top-notch restaurants, will dump some limp steamed veggies on the side of their main course. Not Olio. There was just a perfect square of firm, cheesy potatoes, plus some firm, nicely herbed mixed vegetables that reminded me how the sides in a well-prepared meal can complement and enhance the entire experience. I can't emphasize enough...the main course was just astounding, as good as anywhere I've dined before. Then some luscious tiramisu, turkish coffee, and port to finish things off. I was one happy, satiated diner. If you're in the area, I encourage you to try Olio. I'd be amazed if you didn't come away glad that you did.

• Visited July 2012
Bloomingdale, New York
“Great dining experience before Tanglewood concert”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My wife and I were lucky to have chosen this wonderful restaurant while staying in West Stockbridge to attend a concert at Tanglewood. Located right on Main Street we were told that Olio only recently re-opened after being closed for a lengthy time which is why we didn't find any reviews for it. From the beginning we had a wonderful dining experience as my wife and one of the owners warmly conversed about their Sicilian and NYC historical backgrounds. The interior atmosphere of the restaurant is inviting and pleasant and the service was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. However it was the better than excellent main dishes that were truly memorable. Both of us agreed that the "Spinach Cannelloni" and the "Eggplant Rollatini" were two of the best Italian dishes we've eaten in many years. The "Chocolate Ganache" was a good choice for dessert, while the two salads we had were good, but not comparable to the main dishes. We did not sample any of Olio's interesting "Antipasti" selections. We definitely are looking forward to eating here again and highly recommend Olio for a great culinary experience.

Visited June 2012