“A find in West Stockbridge”

Six Depot Roastery and Cafe
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: We are a family-owned coffee roastery, cafe and gallery located in the historic train station in West Stockbridge, MA in the beautiful Berkshires. We roast our own coffee three times a week in the cafe, serve wonderful espresso drinks from a hand-pulled lever machine, offer a pourover bar, chemex bar and over 18 different kinds of full leaf teas. We make everything in-house: from baked goods, to granola, to slow-roasted meats; and offer panini, salads and soups made from local season ingredients. We are also open for gourmet pizza, stews, salads and wine and beer on Friday nights. It's a community place with guitar, backgammon, chess and long communal tables as well as an adjoining gallery with many events and new art openings every six weeks. Hope you stop by and stay awhile.
North Adams, MA
“A find in West Stockbridge”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

As West Stockbridge is lovely and also small the Six Depot Cafe is easy to find on Depot Street.
There is little I can add about how good it is and I totally agree with it being the best coffee available outside Italy. The have tasty looking and often gluten free muffins and breakfast pastries. A Spanish friend was thrilled to see large plates of potato and egg torta on one visit. Their selection of panini and salads was tempting and to top it all healthy and tasty. Along with a comfortable inner area the nice outside deck makes a pleasnt place to sit with friends or make new ones. There is a gallery on the side which presented some very fine work the times I was able to stop by. One Sunday they had a play reading in the gallery done by WAM which was excellent. I was lucky enough to get one of the 25 seats available for a fair price of $20. It was a splendid way to spend a Sunday afternoon. The pleasant owner is conducive to a warm and relaxed atmosphere.

• Visited June 2014

New York City, New York
“wonderful place”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

if you drive by on your way to kripalu, stop in for a pizza, or the rosewater lemonade. the owners are friendly, food is quality and its lovely to sit outdoors and take in the berkshires.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank baileydogg
Stockbridge, Massachusetts
“The New "It" Place”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is the kind of spot that makes me feel utterly spoiled and grateful that I live in the Berkshires. If I were to ever open up a specialty café, it would look, sound, and smell like Six Depot! I've been several times since they opened--for pick-me-up afternoon coffee dates with my husband, as well as a few Friday night music & wine outings with friends. The atmosphere is always relaxed yet balanced with the right amount of artsy energy. As already reviewed, the coffee is outstanding, but the café is much more than a coffee shop. This is a brilliantly conceptualized and stylishly executed hot-spot for locals and visitors. The down-to-earth community-centered vibe makes me want to come and hang out here every weekend.

• Visited May 2014
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
“Best Coffee I've EVER had!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Wow, this place (restaurant/ art gallery in an old train station) is a gem. The owner couldn't be nicer. And the coffee is extraordinary! On one visit, my friends and I had paninis, which were great. On other visits, we've stopped in just for the lattes and their AMAZING banana and nutella muffins. Looking forward to working our way through their entire menu. Such a pleasant, relaxing experience.

• Visited May 2014
Albany, New York
“"Off the Beaten Trail"”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Friends who live in West Stockbridge suggested we pick up lunch. Called & ordered and it was ready except for the coffee order which they made pronto so it wouldn't be cold. I had a regular cappuccino -excellent. My friend had a "Red Eye"-she's the local & it helps her function ! The place itself is a lot of fun just to look at, near the post office, so I'd be there all the time. We had the Caprese panini and the Tempeh panini-both so good. The staff was very friendly. The West Stockbridge Farmers' Market starts the end of May and Six Depot is just across the street !! It's a happy place !!

• Visited April 2014