Hostelling International - Martha's Vineyard
Mansion House(Vineyard Haven)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$312
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$236
Summercamp Hotel(Oak Bluffs)(Great Value!)
US$166
Hotels.com
Pequot Hotel(Oak Bluffs)(Great Value!)
US$155
Winnetu Oceanside Resort(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
US$856
Harbor View Hotel(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
US$328
Treehouse Lodge(Woods Hole)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$197
Official Site
Sands Of Time Motor Inn & Harbor House(Woods Hole)(Great Value!)
US$218
Beach Breeze Inn(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$213
Official Site
All reviewsday bus passolder staffdormislandmvlinens
Reviewed 18 July 2011

HI - MV was a great choice of a place to stay and top notch as far as hostels are concerned. My husband and I decided to take our bikes via the ferry and spend the weekend biking around the island. From getting off the ferry and biking with bags, its about 7 miles or so, but nearly all on separate bike paths. Once you get there the hostel itself is spacious and inviting. The older staff is friendly and knowledgeable about the area and very available to help you plan your weekend in terms of best routes, taking the buses, sights to see, etc. On top of that, at least on the weekends, Saturday and Sunday you're welcomed by an included pancake breakfast with coffee and tea - nice touch! My husband and I stayed in the general dorm area, it was full, but the facilities are very clean (bathrooms included) and there are no complaints. There was no A/C when we were there, but the weather was manageable. I'd highly recommend staying here - where else can you stay on MV for $75 for two people with included breakfast? Probably no where else.

Room Tip: Book early and note that they do charge a $3 per person charge if you're not an HI member.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank erin y
Reviewed 11 June 2011

we spent a couple of days at the hostel while exploring the Vineyard. The staff (Mike and Donnie) couldn't do enough to make our stay a pleasurable one. This included finding a makeshift bath/paddling pool for our 14 month old daughter, lending us towels for the beach and ringing around the kayak tour companies to see what was running as the tourist season hadn't quite begin. Incidentally, Mike also does a great pancake breakfast which was throughly enjoyed on both mornings of our stay.

In terms of location, the hostel itself is a bit removed from civilization but accessible by bus or taxi. If anything though, this added to the peace and tranquility of our stay. Please note, if you're looking for a 'party hostel' this isn't it. Quiet time is from 10pm onwards and there is no alcohol allowed at both hostel and indeed most of the island (with the exception of Oaks Bluff and Edgartown). We passed the evenings doing puzzles polaying board games provided by the hostel.

In short, this is a great hostel which made our time on the island a pleasurable one.

Room Tip: go off-season.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank cbmullan
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Had a great time at this hostel - it was very clean, very comfortable, and very well designed. So easily accessible too! Donnie and Mike are fabulous (and make tasty whole wheat pancakes for breakfast!). Definitely recommend, especially for students or anyone on a budget.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tailork
Reviewed 14 July 2009

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel. The staff were friendly, the bedroom wasn't overcrowded and it was super clean!
The location was a little complex but the bus drivers are so friendly that they pretty much drop you at the door.
For the price I had a great time and would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank bostonenglish
Reviewed 6 October 2007

HI Martha's Vineyard was fine - nice rooms, not too crowd, clean enough bathrooms and helpful staff. I was looking for a nice place to spend the weekend - to read, to rest etc. and it was great - very peaceful.
The location was problematic at first - I took a taxi to get there on the first night (didn't know that there was a bus available) and it cost me 26$. Don't do that - take the buses according to the instructions in their website. Matha's vineyard has a great bus system. When I finally understand how it worked - I could travel and see the towns and the island - w/o having my own car.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business