“Lovely”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Public transportation stops 1/2 mile from the restaurant.
Description: The Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant is known as one of the most romantic retreats on Martha's Vineyard. Situated on 7 acres of spacious lawns, gardens, forest and meadowlands in the pastoral town of West Tisbury, it offers tranquility and seclusion. The Restaurant offers one of the best dining experiences on the island. Enjoy the ambiance of our elegant dining room with it's beautiful fireplaces and 100 year old grand piano featuring live entertainment in season. Our dinner menu rotates, featuring fresh island seafood, veal, beef, poultry, in-season vegetables from local gardens and farms, homemade soups, breads and delicious desserts. The Restaurant is not appropriate for children under the age of 8 (with the exception of Mother’s Day and Easter brunches). Note: The restaurant is no longer BYOB!
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Went to Lamberts Cove Inn Restaurant for the first time. The setting was pretty, bucolic...baby lamb ambling across lawn. We were warmly welcomed. It is a large restaurant...the decor is more manor house than beachy. There was a piano player in the dining area. The decor would make you feel like dressy attire was required but indeed we went very casually clad and it was fine. The service was great and the staff very well versed. The food was as good as anything I have had on the island. It was plentiful and well presented. We were stuffed when we left. We would definitely go again.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were there on Saturday, July 26, 2014 for a small wedding reception. From beginning to end (cocktail party to dinner), this place delivered.

Our meals were excellent. I had the filet Mignon and it was by far the best I have ever had. I don't think anyone was unhappy with their meal.

The Inn & Restaurant is so romantic and charming and each of the first floor rooms, dining, sitting, library, etc. have their own personality. Truly a gem of an establishment. And this is way off the beaten path too, offering much privacy to those that wish it. No wonder it is known as one of the most romantic restaurants on Martha's Vineyard.

Some relatives and friends stayed there several nights, and all agreed the rooms were very clean and nice.

This certainly is a first class inn with excellent food. Can't wait to come back.

1  Thank PJSUNSHINE
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Went to Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant with my wife and 93 years young mother-in-law recently in June during restaurant week! Finest service I have seen in a long time with everyone waiting on you. Food was outstanding and fresh quality local fish, and vegetables fresh and grown on island farms, plus their own herbs garden! I would recommend this to all my friends. Wouldn't be surprised if the President chose to eat here with his family on their August vacation on the island! Decor of lounge rooms as you go in superb, to sit and relax and talk or read.
Bob Trostel

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was one of the best meals I've had in a long time, and this is coming from a Foodie who lives in the West Village of NYC.

Before I get to the food I need to talk about the inn. Everything was just starting to bloom when I was there in early June. The landscape of the inn consisted of mostly fruit and vegetable plants. The owners, who were kind enough to give us a private tour of the grounds, explained their goal is to use the home grown produce in their recipes. They had a newly constructed chicken coup consisted of a few dozen chicken which provide the Inn with eggs for the restaurant's breakfast dishes. (The owners even gave us a dozen eggs to take home after our meal!) There were also two baby goats that were only 4 weeks old, and they got along perfectly with Mavis, the resident miniature collie. The dining room for the Inn (as well as the Inn as a whole) is finely decorated, giving you a very at-home feel.

Now for the meal I started out with the Baby Greens salad which I would absolutely recommend to all. It was very fresh and light tasting, the perfect salad for a summer menu. The others at my table all ordered the Caesar and let's just say they were jealous of my decision. Our table also got an order of the scallops, which had great texture (not chewy) and definitely a safe bet.

For the main course I shared the Baked Local Codfish and the Filet Mignon. Both the codfish and filet were delicious. But what really made the dishes were the accoutrements. The sautéed spaghetti squash that came with the codfish was so sweet and tasteful that I actually asked for some more on the side. That, along with the tomato relish, combined perfectly to give the dish a clean, healthy taste. The filet was cooked perfectly, and the port wine syrup was a great addition to give the filet a bolder taste. But my favorite part of this dish was the lyonnaise potatoes. They were charred just enough to give them some crunch and a hint of the burnt taste, yet not so much in that it still maintained the full potato taste.

I wasn't too impressed with the creme brûlée dessert. But everyone was happy to try that evenings special of apple pie and ice cream. We were told that the chef makes all pastries and desserts by hand (in addition to the ciabatta bread provided for all tables), and has constantly accepted the challenge of creating new items for the restaurant.

All in all I was least impressed with the dessert. But that isn't enough to take away a full star in my review. The service was great, the owners were so kind in taking the time to speak with us and show us around, and even to give us home crown eggs to leave with. I would absolutely recommend Lambert's Cove.

1  Thank Lee C
Reviewed 24 June 2014

What an excellent dining experience. Everything was top notch.

Location - please note that you will need to drive or take a taxi here. Lambert's Cove is out of the way, but sometimes you need to eat at a quiet, romantic place without music and/or TVs blaring.

Service - impeccable. Our waiter Greg didn't hover or disappear.

Menu - great selection of local products. We had the baked cod and teres major. Perfectly prepared. Desserts were also great.

We will be back again next year.