“Sufficient”

Super 8 W Yarmouth Hyannis/Cape Cod
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is an aging motel that's had a facelift. The room was clean and comfortable, but nothing special, despite the high price for a Super 8. The breakfast bar was minimal compared with other Super 8s we've been to. No fruit, and nothing hot to eat, unless you count instant oatmeal. The pastries were all the prepackaged sort. Nothing fresh. Good coffee, though.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
2  Thank TravelDude95
There are newer reviews for Super 8 W Yarmouth Hyannis/Cape Cod

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I shared a room with another couple at the Super 8. It's definitely nothing fancy but it had everything we needed. The room and bathrooms were clean but we did notice a lipstick stain on the sheets of one of the beds but we noticed it the day we were leaving so it was too late to ask for a room change. The beds were big and comfortable. We had a nice size tv in the room. There was a coffee maker with coffee in the room that was a big plus for me. We made the reservation for two people and last minute decided to invite another couple and they charged us $20 dollars more for that even though we were in one car which I thought was stupid. There is a nice pool but we didn't have time to take a swim. And the hotel is in walking distance to so much! Lots of shops, mini golf, ice cream shops, Dunkin donuts and restaurants. Also close to kayak rentals which we took advantage of. The hotel offered10% off for military which was nice. There was complimentary breakfast which consisted of coffee, tea, cereal, muffins, toast, and oatmeal. We were out the whole time and literally only showered and slept in the room which was all we needed. I would def stay here again it was super cheap and conveniently located. But if you are looking for a Hilton experience you are in the wrong place.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I traveled to the Cape late on Friday night to avoid the weekend traffic. We had a week long house rental and needed the hotel room for one night only. I booked through Southwest to get the Rapid Rewards points and figured I would take my chances with the mixed reviews. All we really needed was a clean bed and a shower in the morning. This hotel was absolutely filthy. We arrived just before midnight and had to ring the bell several times beofre the manager let us in. The room was badly water damaged and smelled of mold and mildew. The sheets were clean so we stayed for a few hours of sleep. If our car hadn't been packed to the brim I would have s;ept in the car. What a wate of $200.00. We had a corner room and the view from both windows was a pile of trash just thrown on the ground. Save your money people.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank elizabeth n
Reviewed 5 August 2014

After making online booking from Montreal, QC, I came driving all the way down to Cape Cod just to find out that I've been shamelessly lied to. The vacation mood was gone as soon as we saw the room.

1) The room was much smaller then the picture showed and had no couch. When we asked for folding bed instead, so the child would have place to sleep, the owner said, they all been taken, but in a couple of days he will get one. Couple days later the owner said, he never told me he will get us the damn bed because they never existed in their hotel.

2) All faucets were leaking, so all through the week we had to keep a towel on the floor.

3) There was hardly any breakfast. There was only a coffee and a muffin and some chemical-made "orange juice".

4) When i made the online booking, their website said they give a ticket which you could use for free parking parking at public beaches. Just another lie. When approached the owner, he said, they've changed it, they don't give any, its just that they forgot to update the website...

Very disappointed! Would not recommend it to any body.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Natasha D
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Very Out Dated, Worst Super8 I ever stayed at-OVER PRICED- Not worth the money! Find a different place to stay 1980`s` look- A Real Dump !!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a family motel -should remodel the motel ASAP

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rick B
Reviewed 22 July 2014

On a business trip with 3 other girls besides myself and we each drove our own cars. The owner told us that only one girl could park her car in the lot and everyone else had to park out back. We drove out back and it was in a sketchy alleyway. We refused to park there because there was no cameras and it was the sketchiest place. We ended up parking at a hotel down the road. Breakfast sucked and wifi didn't work. The owner was a totally rude, ignorant, non-compassionate, zero customer service, completely took advantage that we are 4 young ladies. Never staying there again!

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Smoodle7
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have never written a review before but felt compelled to do so. I booked a room at this hotel for one night for my daughters and I. I called the morning of the reservation to ask a question and the owner was extremely rude. I called later in the day to see about cancelling the reservation as our plans had changed. I was confused about the cancellation policy and the owner just kept interrupting and yelling at me that there would be a charge and wouldn't let me even ask a question. In the end, I felt essentially unsafe staying there with my daughters given the unbelievably rude treatment on the phone so I figured I'd just eat the cancellation charge if I had to. When I got the bill, he'd actually charged me for the full amount and so now I have to fight it with my credit card company. Every interaction I had with this place was horrible, I'd definitely suggest staying someplace else!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family