“Great stay!!!”
Review of Cape Point Hotel

Cape Point Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Everything about our stay was great! From receptionist Val to room,location,pool,breakfast.No complaints!!

Room Tip: Captain Parkers,great food,get there early!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 August 2011

I'll never stay here again. The smelly garbage can right next to the entrance, the mildewy smell of the room, dirty base boards, a sliding door that barely works... I didn't want to spend one second longer in our room with the lights on that I had to.
The one good thing is that we had every incentive to leave the hotel and explore Cape Cod.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank VermontTraveler21
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I planned a last minute night at the cape with my daughter. Looked at this place on-line and it seemed nice. Upon check in, the receptionist was not pleasant at all, seemed like you were bothering her. The place seemed old, rundown and not too clean. The room was worse. I just felt like I was crawling all night. It did not look too clean and smelled horrible. We knew we were only going to be there to sleep and that was it, so we dealt with it. I will not be gtoing back to this place. We did take time to look at other hotels for our next visit. I should have figured it out when they advertise that for every 2 nights you spend there - you get one free. This place could be nicer with some renovations and updating. Oh and the airconditioner came on, it was cold so when I went to turn it down, the buttons did not work nor did they have any information on it. Luckily there was a cord since it was an old unit, so I was able to unplug it. Upon check out I was asked how was the stay - I didn't bother getting into it - because I have no intentions of going back. I also can not tell you about the restaurant on site or the pool, I just did not want to use anything at the hotel based on the appearance and cleanliness. The mattresses were so uncomfortable - not a good night sleep!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dusty95
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This was the second time we stayed here. The first time was August 2009. Everyone that works here and stays here is so incredibly friendly! This place was made for families with young kids! Both the indoor pool and outdoor pool are quite large and have a big area that is 4 ft deep or less. The temperature of both pools is perfect! And the atmosphere is upbeat and inviting. The snack bar at the outdoor pool is very reasonable and offers a decent selection of food and drinks. The indoor pool has a sports bar upstairs which the kids are welcome in as long as they are at a table. Tuesday nights (I believe) is Trivia Night and the bar was PACKED!

The rooms are pretty big and clean. The staff was happy to accomodate us when we asked for additional pillows. They do NOT have microwaves or coffee machines in the rooms. They do have one available in the front lobby with a coffee / tea bar right there. The beds are not the most comfortable I have slept on but by no means are they BAD. I have back issues and had no problem after sleeping here for 5 nights.

They have a small arcade that my kids (9 and 7) enjoyed! There is a fish pond outside the arcade with LOTS of tropical fish. We ate breakfast one morning in the cafe. It was wonderful and the staff there was terrific too! I have never heard of Roast Beef hash until that day. AWESOME!!!!! They had a wide selection of food and everything we had was perfect!

Val from Jamaica works at the front desk and is WONDERFUL! When i made the reservations I never requested where we'd like our room to be. When we arrived I asked if it would be possible to be close to the outdoor pool and she made sure to make that happen in just a few moments! I did misplace my camera on our last night. I knew where I left it yet it was a big production to get it returned. At the end of the day I had my camera back but not before a little drama. If Val was at the desk I bet it would have been returned sooner.

This hotel is extremely reasonable, lots of fun and completely family oriented! We've been here before and I am sure we'll be back again!! Thank you Cape Point for a wonderful trip!

Reviewed 1 August 2011

This hotel may look nice from the outside but the beds and bedding were filthy. On the last night of our three night stay there were numerous bugs in our bed do we strip the bed and saw that the sheets and pillows used were also filthy. Pulled the sheets off the mattress and the mattress cover used was filthly. Seperated the mattress from the box spring and the box spring was filthy . I never saw such filth in motel bedding before. Complained to the front desk and all the y could say was they were sorry, no explanation as to why and no consideration in reducing our bill for this inconvience. I would NEVER stay there again or recommend this hotel .

Room Tip: check the bedding when you get to your room
4  Thank jjroosa
Reviewed 6 July 2011

The outside of the hotel was nice although the inside was a different story. The 2 girls at the desk were very rude, and annoyed us at the very start. We were assigned to a downstairs room after requesting up stairs (we are 69 and 74 year old sisters on vacation) so we wanted the security of the second floor. We were told there were many bus loads of people there and it wasn't possible, even though it was our request several months back when we booked this place. Although we only saw 2 busses at the time and I mentioned that, the desk told me they were all out to dinner. (??) The sliding glass door which led directly out to the parking lot could not be locked, the lock was broken. I went to the desk and asked for us to be moved, again, not possible, so they sent a maintenance man to our room to install a bar in the door so it could not be opened from the outside. Nice!!! The room was not clean, coffee stirrers in the corner on the floor, toilet not clean around the base and overall grungy. We were tired so we stayed but changed our second night to "just get out of there". No coffee pot in the room, you had to go down the hall to a cart which was not stocked with much, no cream for the coffee etc. We were overall very very unhappy. Would never recommend this place even if it were only $50 per night. Wouldn't even give it 1 star.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Budstundra
capepointcc, Manager at Cape Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2011

We apologize that your experience at the Cape Point was disappointing. It is unacceptable that you felt rude treatment by the front desk employees, but they tried to explain to you that we were sold out and were unable to accommodate a second floor request. We had three group bus tours staying at the hotel and those guests had the majority of our 116 rooms. They also arrived on the day before so most of the rooms were already occupied. Your reservation was submitted on-line through our website in February with no mention of a floor location preference; only that a deluxe room was requested. We try very hard to meet all of our guests requests but unfortunately were unable to meet this one. The maintenance personnel should have been able to replace the lock and we apologize if this was not done. However, the sliders all have security bars (charlie bars) as added security. The Executive Housekeeper has been made aware of the issues you encountered regarding cleanliness and measures have been taken to prevent such problems in the future. Had we been notified that the coffee cream was all used, the staff would have immediately replenished it. The vast majority of our guests enjoy their stay and we are truly sorry that yours was disappointing.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

We found hotel to be very clean and affordable. Rooms and beds were comfy. Cafe was clean and prices reasonable. Heather was a great waitress. Friendly and effecient. The pool was well maintained and plenty of chairs.

Room Tip: Our room ( in the back ) had a slider out to the back lawn. Very nice. Front rooms -sliders open t...
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Yarmouth
#10 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Mariner Motor Lodge
Mariner Motor Lodge
#9 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Cape Point Hotel? Share your experiences!