“Quilting Retreat at the Cape Point” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cape Point Hotel

Cape Point Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Monson, Massachusetts
“Quilting Retreat at the Cape Point”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our group of 28 quilters have had our past two wonderful quilting retreats at the Cape Point. Along with the nice hotel rooms, we had two large conference rooms to use for our retreat; one large room accommodated all 28 of us with our sewing machines, etc. and the other room was used for meal times, cutting fabric, ironing, demonstrations, and other activities. We had breakfast each morning in the hotel café which was included in our package. It was the perfect place to hold a retreat! We even had a banquet in the café on our last night ~ prime rib which was excellent! The staff couldn't have been nicer to work with. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are thinking of organizing a quilt retreat!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LakeQuilter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Bronx, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I've been visiting the cape for over 15 years. I came as a child with my family, and later returned as I got older with my fiance. I've always enjoyed coming to the Cape and almost every time have stayed at the Cape Point. I've noticed that the prices on the hotel have continued to increase each year with little else changing (besides the indoor pool being remodeled). The game room has had the same games since I was little, the rooms seem to be getting more worn, the locks on the sliding doors remain broken and just overall everything is beginning to look dated. I have been ignoring most of this because of nostalgia. But this summer I couldn't continue to ignore what was happening.

First off, there were dead wood beetles on the carpet. Some looked as if they had been there for years. It was disgusting and made me wonder what else in the room hadn't been cleaned. There was definitely a lot of dust and overall everything looked worn. Wallpaper was coming off the wall, there were cracks in the bathroom tile and a lack of lighting made the whole place look dreary. In addition to this, the maid service was lacking. The rooms were cleaned in an untimely manner (as in rooms weren't cleaned by almost 3:30 in the afternoon!) even after placing the sign that said please clean as soon as possible. We thought this was because we were towards the end of the hallway but when sitting out at the outdoor pool there was a whole group of people complaining about the fact that rooms were still not cleaned. Also, we were told to leave towels we didn't want on the floor and we would receive new ones. I understand there is a policy about saving water, but when towels ARE put on the floor I would expect new ones to replace them. However, this didn't happen. Towels were just refolded and put back on the rack (they were still wet from the morning so I know they weren't new.)

Also I was highly disappointed in the Cafe. This was one of the best parts of staying here, being able to leisurely stroll down and eat a simple breakfast. First, it seemed like the prices went up quite a bit. Next the egg omelet I ordered tasted like it had been cooked in a microwave and my fiance's scrambled eggs tasted like they were made from a powder. I understand trying to save money, but in my opinion it's not by cutting back on food service.

Then what really bothered me was that my parents were staying in the Mariner (which is run by the same people as the Cape Point and Town N' Country) and they were paying about half of what we were per night and received not only better service but had the same amenities. I went over and their room looked the same down to the wallpaper and bedding and according to my parents the rooms were cleaned promptly. I guess if you want to stay on the strip, you're better off staying there.

Needless to say, my time with the Cape Point has come to an end. I have no problem paying higher rates for a better experience, unfortunately it's not happening in this case. Prices continue to increase and the hotel is becoming drearier and drearier.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jessica F
capepointcc, General Manager at Cape Point Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
I am very surprised at your experience here at The Cape Point. First our lobby fish pond is not in competition with Boston Aquarium. Second our breakfast Cafe gets nothing but rave reviews. Janet the chef uses nothing but the freshest ingredients. Powdered eggs have never touched her kitchen. Prices, three egg omelette $6.95, 2 eggs choice of meat $5.50, Banana walnut pancakes $5.95. I believe we are very competitive price wise. Do to the fact we have ground floor rooms with sliders that open to the outside, we do have a situation with beetles getting into the rooms. Again I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations.

Travellers are raving about these West Yarmouth hotels

Jupiter, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Due to a busy 3 day weekend we were limited in our hotel accommodations and the affordability aspect. The room was big but smelled. Paper thin walls could hear everything. Only microwave is at the front desk. Lots of families for sporting events! Very noises. And not good housekeeping. Spend a little more money and get a better room!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We spent three nights in this hotel, and had no complaints. Our room was huge, and clean, if a little tired
The location was great too, and the pool and hot tub were large, clean , and we had a relaxing time there
Plenty of places around to eat , with a dunkin donuts at the back door
Try Ann and Frans across the road for breakfast . Amazing good home cooked food served with a smile

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dennis Port, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Cape Point while waiting for our new house to be ready. Their are 2 pools, and Dunkin Donuts nearby. That said, the rest is mediocre at best. Indoor pool is warm to hot--salt water filtered--whatever that means--I couldn't get a straight answer from staff. Pool is used by town programs, which means a lot of activity M-F from @8-10. Outdoor pool is ok; outdoor "tiki" style bar was never staffed that I saw, and I think (I would hope?) it was under some sort of renovation? Rooms are ok. Not great/not bad. Staff friendly but front office a bit clueless, and maintenance staff clearly from The Shining--lurking around a lot down by the "game room" (most "games" were old and change machine broken). The Indoor "koi" pond was weird--huge fish in half of the water area--cool to look down (atrium) from the front desk, but up close, from downstairs, the area was VERY grubby with old fish food studded rocks. Could have been nicer--but too dark, no plants, lots of pipes visible. No Boston Aquarium for sure! When I asked for ownership info, no one seemed to know. ( I was curious about corporate owner.). Parking good. On busy Rte 28, but walkmg distance to CHRISTMAS TREE SHOP (yay!), "water park" for kids, ice cream. Not close enough to walk to Beach no matter what they say (at least 1.5 miles to TINY Englewood beach.). Good budget hotel with pools.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MidCapeAmy
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

The Room was clean comfortable and well appointed. The staff was polite, helfull and eager to please. The breakfast was excellent and the staff always ready to help . Cape Cod Hotel is a hotel providing Bed and Breakfast quality.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Philippe8181
Smithfield, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Cape Point Hotel on September 21, 2013. We needed a place to park my 28 foot car trailer overnight and the staff great with helping us find secure parking. The room was clean and simple. The breakfast was excellent and the staff very helpful. We are planning a trip next year about the same time . We hope to. stay at the Cape Point Hotel. The price was very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
#8 of 22 in Hyannis
Mariner Motor Lodge
Mariner Motor Lodge
#10 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Cape Point Hotel? Share your experiences!