All reviews breakfast cafe indoor pool dunkin donuts hot tub off season beds were comfortable seagull beach novia cape cabana sauna summer route pond beaches game loft
Reviewed 4 November 2013

First time in vacation in Cape Cod, we couldn't ask for better hotel.
It's look like a vacation hotel and it feel like it. large comfortable rooms,
large indoor pools featuring redwood saunas, an invigorating whirlpool spa, and a kiddie pool. Also an outdoor pool. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast in the hotel's Cafe, which features a variety of traditional and specialty items - all homemade and prepared under the watchful eye of a Executive Chef. Breakfast costs and most of the guests trying to squeeze into the hotel's restaurant, so we ate across the street in a small breakfast restaurant. stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
capepointcc, General Manager at Cape Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Glad you enjoy staying with us. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Enjoyed our stay here. The staff was friendly and helpful and the room appeared to be recently updated. The indoor pool was nice, but the hot tub could have been hotter (in fairness, they had issues with it and a plumber was on site all weekend trying to fix it).There is a cafe on site that is open for breakfast only, and the food was excellent. Would definitely make weekend plans for here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Have been staying here over many years now, as well as the "sister" hotel, the Mariner. It is an older, larger, establishment, but is fairly well maintained. The rates are reasonable and is located conveniently to shopping and restaurants. The grandkids had a blast in the large, heated indoor pool. The hotel has a small breakfast nook that serves until 11:00 AM. The food is very good, and the staff is friendly and attentive. The pool has a sports bar/loft that overlooks the pool. where people can enjoy some cocktails and watch a favorite sporting event.
We make a point of never going to the Cape after Memorial Day, or before Labor Day. A game room is available to keep the kids happy when not in the pool. We always enjoy ourselves in the Spring and Fall, where you are not fighting the crowds of the Summer season. Have read a couple of poor reviews and find them to be a bit harsh, and don't agree with them. Most accommodations on the Cape are not luxurious, but adequate. The Cape Point is appropriate for the reasonable rates they charge. If you are skeptical, ask to see a room before you make a commitment. I think most people will be comfortable here.

Room Tip: The hotel is very lengthy. You may want a room close to the front desk to avoid the long walk from the back of the hotel. The second level is probably quieter as you would not hear the pitter-patter of small feet above you.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank John H
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our group of 28 quilters have had our past two wonderful quilting retreats at the Cape Point. Along with the nice hotel rooms, we had two large conference rooms to use for our retreat; one large room accommodated all 28 of us with our sewing machines, etc. and the other room was used for meal times, cutting fabric, ironing, demonstrations, and other activities. We had breakfast each morning in the hotel café which was included in our package. It was the perfect place to hold a retreat! We even had a banquet in the café on our last night ~ prime rib which was excellent! The staff couldn't have been nicer to work with. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are thinking of organizing a quilt retreat!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LakeQuilter
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I've been visiting the cape for over 15 years. I came as a child with my family, and later returned as I got older with my fiance. I've always enjoyed coming to the Cape and almost every time have stayed at the Cape Point. I've noticed that the prices on the hotel have continued to increase each year with little else changing (besides the indoor pool being remodeled). The game room has had the same games since I was little, the rooms seem to be getting more worn, the locks on the sliding doors remain broken and just overall everything is beginning to look dated. I have been ignoring most of this because of nostalgia. But this summer I couldn't continue to ignore what was happening.

First off, there were dead wood beetles on the carpet. Some looked as if they had been there for years. It was disgusting and made me wonder what else in the room hadn't been cleaned. There was definitely a lot of dust and overall everything looked worn. Wallpaper was coming off the wall, there were cracks in the bathroom tile and a lack of lighting made the whole place look dreary. In addition to this, the maid service was lacking. The rooms were cleaned in an untimely manner (as in rooms weren't cleaned by almost 3:30 in the afternoon!) even after placing the sign that said please clean as soon as possible. We thought this was because we were towards the end of the hallway but when sitting out at the outdoor pool there was a whole group of people complaining about the fact that rooms were still not cleaned. Also, we were told to leave towels we didn't want on the floor and we would receive new ones. I understand there is a policy about saving water, but when towels ARE put on the floor I would expect new ones to replace them. However, this didn't happen. Towels were just refolded and put back on the rack (they were still wet from the morning so I know they weren't new.)

Also I was highly disappointed in the Cafe. This was one of the best parts of staying here, being able to leisurely stroll down and eat a simple breakfast. First, it seemed like the prices went up quite a bit. Next the egg omelet I ordered tasted like it had been cooked in a microwave and my fiance's scrambled eggs tasted like they were made from a powder. I understand trying to save money, but in my opinion it's not by cutting back on food service.

Then what really bothered me was that my parents were staying in the Mariner (which is run by the same people as the Cape Point and Town N' Country) and they were paying about half of what we were per night and received not only better service but had the same amenities. I went over and their room looked the same down to the wallpaper and bedding and according to my parents the rooms were cleaned promptly. I guess if you want to stay on the strip, you're better off staying there.

Needless to say, my time with the Cape Point has come to an end. I have no problem paying higher rates for a better experience, unfortunately it's not happening in this case. Prices continue to increase and the hotel is becoming drearier and drearier.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica F

I am very surprised at your experience here at The Cape Point. First our lobby fish pond is not in competition with Boston Aquarium. Second our breakfast Cafe gets nothing but rave reviews. Janet the chef uses nothing but the freshest ingredients. Powdered eggs have never touched her kitchen. Prices, three egg omelette $6.95, 2 eggs choice of meat $5.50, Banana walnut pancakes $5.95. I believe we are very competitive price wise. Do to the fact we have ground floor rooms with sliders that open to the outside, we do have a situation with beetles getting into the rooms. Again I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations.