“Mixed feelings” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
stateof NY
“Mixed feelings”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

My husband and I have been coming to this hotel for over 20 years and at one point this was the only place we would stay, but I must admit we are trying other places. Pros- happy memories with children, grandchildren and as a couple. The indoor pool is warm and is enjoyed by all. Close to shopping and places to eat. Lower price, but you get what you pay. Cons--over the summer two of us -one adult and one child got glass in our feet at the indoor pool. We immediately reported it to the office and someone was sent to clean up the area. It is unfortunate that an inconsiderate guest did not follow the rules and brought a glass beer bottle into the pool area. It would have been nice if they cleaned up the broken glass or at least reported it. I asked to speak with a manager and left two messages and never received a call back. As a business owner, I find that unacceptable. The website states that all the beds are new, so maybe I haven't been in a room that was updated, but I have woken up many times with a stiff back. Although many of the rugs are new, they look dirty and smell. Guests can be rude and stomp around on the second floor and allow their children to run around yelling--unattended in the hallways. I have smelled smoke and reported it on several occasions. I understand this is a family hotel and kids r kids, but parents need to remember that there are other people sharing the space. There does appear to be new office staff. The two women who worked there in the past did not take any nonsense and supported keeping the hotel a safe, peaceful place for everyone to enjoy. I feel bad writing this review, but think it is only fair that other guests hear about different people 's experiences. I honestly don't know if we will be staying there again. I am hoping that things improve.

Room Tip: A few rooms smell moldy. If anyone has allergies I would suggest looking the room over prior to chec...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank KandA2011
capepointcc, General Manager at Cape Point Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
I am very sorry if management did not get back to you regarding the glass in the pool area. Their must have been a miscommunication somewhere during that time. The Hotel is non smoking however if someone just steps outside and smokes the wind can blow it right back inside and it smells like someone smoking in the room or hotel.100% of the Hotel has new mattresses. Some guests want to buy them from us, some feel they are to firm. Beds are a tricky product for all Hotels.We do work hard to let guest know they have to be respectful of other guests, however when we do we sometimes get accused of being rude. Again thank you for your comments and I hope you will give us another chance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

This was your average hotel theme. Very basic room, no coffee maker, no microwave just a tiny fridge that smelled. Very nice indoor pool, nice temp and nice hot tub! Pretty koi pond. Room was clean though. Nice if on a budget, but not close to a beach. Don't think I'll be back again but overall was nice!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
capepointcc, General Manager at Cape Point Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thanks for the comments. Regarding coffee and microwave, we do have 24 hour complimentary coffee in the lobby along with a microwave.As far as near the beach you are right and the difference in our rate versus Hotels on the beach reflect that. Thanks again for your comments
Glastonbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is not a luxury hotel, and does not charge luxury rates. We found the Cape Point to be altogether satisfactory for our intents and purposes: a short getaway during Spring vacation. The room was small, and so was the TV; but we did not intend to spend our vacation indoors watching television. Everything was crisp, very clean, and neat. The staff was not especially friendly or welcoming (with the exception of our waitress at the Cafe, Heather), but neither were they rude or incompetent. The indoor pool was wonderful, and we got excellent breakfasts at decent prices. The location was very convenient. And the room price was very reasonable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rice308
Paul_S41922, Manager at Cape Point Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for your comments.We do have larger deluxe and two bedroom suites available.However, our standard rooms are the typical size room that is available in Yarmouth.We are in the process of changing our tv s to HD 32 inch .We took your comment on not a very friendly hotel very seroiusly.It was discussed in an emergency meeting with the management team. We hope your next stay with us will be remembered by the helpful and friendly staff.
Weymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Every time I go to Cape Point, I am always welcomed from the moment I come in, until I leave. The staff, restaurant, and overall experience is one I always talk about with others. Whenever i go to Yarmouth, I choose this Hotel because of my enjoyment, the view, and location.

Room Tip: I can only say that I enjoy every room in this Hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sharon S
West Boylston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

We have been going to the Cape Point for a few years now. Each year it get's worse. The front desk staff could barely speak English and had no math skills. We had a coupon for a free night and they could not figure out how to subtract a night. And that was after arguing with us about using it! The tv was old and small. The NCAA basketball tournament was on CBS and no tv in the place could get CBS reception. Kids ran up and down the hallways yelling and slamming doors at all hours. Someone in the room below us kept bouncing a ball off their ceiling(our floor) for hours. The carpeting is old and dirty and the heater is extremely noisy. We will NOT be going back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Linda M

Travellers are raving about these West Yarmouth hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

We have been visiting the Cape Point for the last seven years and this year was the worst stay by far! When we first arrived the front desk staff acted annoyed by our arrival in general. After being checked in to our room, we found several issues. The sliding door did not lock, the tv was tiny and the cable worked occationally, the safe was not working and neither was the remote, the carpet was stained and dingy and the bathroom ceiling was disgusting. We were in a rush to be at a commitment so we decided to grin and bear the issues. When returning to the hotel later all we could smell was "weed" smoke. This went on the entire weekend even with a strict no smoking policy the hotel claims to have. If we could smell this it would be hard for me to believe that the staff could not smell it as well. We don't mind if someone smokes, just go outside like everyone else! The next evening I was walking with my youngest daughter after using the microwave, she was lagging behind me, when a staff member advised her she was not supposed to be in the halls after 10 pm and if she didn't get to her room she was going to physically put her in her room. My daughter was mortified as was I! How dare a staff member suggest physically touching my child! When she realized that my daughter was in fact with an adult, she ducked away quickly before she could be addressed. How disrespectful to your guests! This is the last time we will be visiting......

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jyknprincess
Burlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We booked a weekend away for our family of 6 and we were thrilled at the large and clean room accommodations. The the pool area was great entertainment for our children and provided a relaxing atmosphere for the adults. I have already booked my stay for next year and will recommend this location to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Corner suites were perfect for families!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
#8 of 22 in Hyannis
Tidewater Inn
Tidewater Inn
#13 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Cape Point Hotel? Share your experiences!