“Resturant”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Private
“Resturant”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at cape point just this week and was wowed by the service! Everyone was so kind and welcoming. But what I really must comment on is the service at the restaurant. The cafe was fabulous! The food was amazing and the service supreme. We had 2 waitresses, one was more quiet and reserved but the other one, I believe her name was heather... I thought the cafe would be awful because of the holiday weekend, but heather made my order go through quickly and was so kind and welcoming to my family and I. The service at cape point was amazing and next time we come down to the cape we will definitely come here again! In addition, our room was neat and tidy and the cleaning staff was superb!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mama4life

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
New York , New york
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I'm from New York , Ny and I've decided to spend 4 days in Cape cod MA so I googled some hotels and found Cape Point Hotel to be exactly what I was looking for a little vacation . First off I called to book a reservation and the front desk clerk was extremely helpful and nice to me , her name was Angela I believe and she explained to me about the different types of rooms and the pricing , I told her my mother is coming and she is in her mid 80s and I was a little worried about her walking situation I mentioned she had fell a couple weeks ago and I would like her near the inside pool area , my mother used to be a swimming teacher and she still swims every chance she gets , so Ms. Angela offered me the 1st floor deluxe room since it was 2 of us we could not fit in a king room with a handcaped bathroom , she explained so I said ok that's fine , so she booked me first floor and even emailed me a confirmation number for my room , I came in last weekend and actually meet her in person I knew it was her because she has that Latina accent witch I'm familiar being from New York , so I approached her and told her " I spoke to you on the phone 2 weeks ago and she said" Well it's a pleasure to meet you I'm glad you made it here , and I though she was a very nice beautiful young lady and does a great job with customer service . Also the breakfast is delicious and a great price , great waitress's . The inside pool was great good temperature my mother had a lot of fun . Only thing I was very disappointed in was the whole towel situation , we never got room service the 2nd night and I called and they kept telling me the housemaid was going to bring it to my room and I never received it . Then I walked to the front desk and there was 2 lady's speaking another language after I told them that I needed towels . I'm not sure what they were saying but I felt uncomfortable like they was talking about me and their tone comes off a little rude . I am a teacher and I teach a lot of kids from other country's I know how uncomfortable they feel when someone else is speaking English and they don't understand , so I think on a hotel front desk people should not speak their own language when there is customers that do not understand , it's very uncomfortable made me feel like I was bothering them . But overall the whole experience was great I would definitely tell people to vacate at Cape Point Hotel .

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Kimkors12
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The Cape Point hotel is a very typical vacation hotel, it is convenient to shops, restaurants and a short drive to beaches. The staff were very friendly and always greeted guests with a smile. The Hotel, like most on the Cape have some age, but has been nicely updated in areas and very clean. While our bathroom fan was noisy and showed its age the air conditioner worked well and was quieter. The pools were warm and well maintained. There was coffee and tea as well as a microwaved available in the lobby area which was nice for early risers. The breakfast was delicious and wait staff very friendly as well. It was a good value and I would recommend this hotel to my friends if they were to ask.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisab357AD
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Been coming to The Cape Point for last 15 years , the last few years we're have been disappointed by the uncomfortable beds, although they state they are new . Last year we left early , I couldn't sleep in a lumpy bed. The place is perfectly situated , nice staff , place needs some renovations . Not sure if I'll be back this year.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 19Derek62
Paul_S41922, Manager at Cape Point Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Im sorry that your sleeping experience was not good The beds are new and made by Serta. I wished you told us about the bed when you stayed here .Serta warranty is for 10 years.Overall you did seem happy about your stay. Please give us another chance and tell us while you are here, if you have any concerns.
North Platte, Nebraska
Reviewed 20 June 2014

When I booked our vacation I had never been to Cape Cod. So , I knew nothing about the area or hotels. We were very happy with Cape Point Hotel. It was clean, the staff was excellent, very helpful. They made us feel very welcome. I would recommend this hotel to my friends if any were to ask.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The indoor and outdoor pool are really nice, the take out breakfast joint is so good...banana walnut pancakes are seriously the best I ever had. The rooms are typical sorta run down beach type rooms. Very outdated a little on the not so clean side but good enough I felt fine there with my wife and 10 month old. Staff is friendly, it's a great value if your not too picky.

Room Tip: Choosing a downstairs room makes it convenient for packing and unpacking.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank townbeef
purcellville, VA
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Wow, I'm so glad that I didn't stay here. On June 10, I made reservation for a 3-night stay from Aug. 27-30. I decided to cancel the reservation based on seeing some of the negative reviews on TA. I sent an email to the email address that was posted on the hotel's website. I then received an "undeliverable" email. So, I called the hotel directly and spoke to Novia, the hotel manager. After putting me on hold several time, she then told me that she will cancel my reservation. She gave me a confirmation number for the cancellation. To be sure that I have the cancellation documented, I asked her if she could send me a confirmation via email. She then told me that she couldn't do that because the system won't let her do that. I asked her if she could just send me a personal email confirming the cancellation with a confirmation, she refused to do that. She was very short with me. Anyway, I then asked her how would I know that my credit card won't be charged, she basically said that it won't be charged because my reservation is no longer in the system. When I ended the conversation with a "thank you", she didn't even respond. Talk about lack of customer service. I will have to wait and see whether my credit card will be charged since I have nothing documented other than my verbal conversation with her. SO BEWARE...I made this reservation directly on the hotel's website by the way. I will also call my CC company to make sure that the charge will be blocked. To sum up, if this is the type of service that I was given, I'm glad that I cancelled my reservation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank jennypurcellville_VA
capepointcc, General Manager at Cape Point Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
I am very sorry to hear you were not happy with the service and Novia is very upset you feel the way you do, however we too as employees have feelings, and when we are called a thief and yelled at like we are children, we sometimes are not the kindest people in the business. I am also confused as to why you look at reviews after booking a Hotel as opposed to before, it would have saved you all this anxiety. The system we have does not allow us to e-mail a cancellation. Novia gave you a cancellation number and you were not charged anything on your credit card. Unlike a lot of Hotels who charge a cancellation fee we do not.

Travellers are raving about these West Yarmouth hotels

#8 of 22 in Hyannis
All Seasons Resort
All Seasons Resort
#10 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Cape Point Hotel? Share your experiences!