“Excellent value for all it offers and very friendly, professional staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cape Point Hotel

Cape Point Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
West Suffield, Connecticut
“Excellent value for all it offers and very friendly, professional staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Loved the 1st floor deluxe room with sitting area and walk-out patio. Front desk reps both at check in and check out really helpful and friendly. This was the 2nd visit here and will definitely return- love that it is opened all year!

2 Thank Livewe63
Paul_S41922, Manager at Cape Point Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
THE DELUXE ROOM with the patio is a gem. This type of room is favorite amongst our repeat guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Yarmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We originally stayed here in April and loved it. When it was time to book for our stay in July, I used booking.com (do love that site as well!) and ended up booking at another hotel. Upon checking into that hotel, we immediately realized the room was awful so I called cape point to inquire if they had any rooms available. Thankfully, the lady on the phone was so nice! So accommodating! So helpful! We drove right over, checked in and loved the rest of our mini-vacation! The weather wasn't great but the indoor pool was clean and warm and perfect! The staff, I seriously cannot express how nice everyone was !! It's a budget hotel with 5 star service!! Very clean and close to everything!

Gorham, Maine, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I just returned from a two night stay at the cape Point hotel in Cape Cod. I travel a lot and was impressed with their level of service at the front desk and throughout the hotel especially in the cafe which was delicious. The indoor salt water pool and hot tub was awesome. Loved the outdoor pool and cabana with drinks/food just wish they had more than 2 people working there so the service was slightly faster but they were so nice it's hard to be upset. The hotel is definitely dated with wallpaper and carpet that just does not match each other and linoleum bathroom floors in grey that clash with oversized brown floor tile they decided to use on the walls. The TV is super small old school no flat screen and no DVD players. There is also no WiFi there. There is no view from this hotel at all other than the busy traffic out front, the parking lot, or the woods. It is about 18-20 minutes to the waterfront and all stuff downtown. There is a Dunkin Donuts conveniently located right next door and a few fun shops if you like to bring home sourveniers but that's about it. I would likely stay again since it was affordable, clean, and we had good service, but would've prefered to be closer to downtown and the waterfront.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with family/friends and want adjoining rooms this hotel accomodates that ahead...
1 Thank Danielle B
Our interior decorater we hired, disagrees with things not matching The bedspreads and drapes match for example.The old tv s are no more since you left The bathrooms down stairs are updated but we will start updateing the upstairs this winter.The hotel does have WI FI. You give the impression that you can see and hear the road from the rooms. The rooms are buffed from the road by the indoor pool and lobby which are repeat guests considers a plus. I do appreciate your many positive comments.
Long Island, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our family stays here every July. We like the location, mid-cape. For that reason, and that reason only, we would probably come back, but with apprehension and mixed feelings.
The hotel is clean, but dated. No flat screen TVs, old furniture and fixtures. We really like the breakfast cafe, staffed by extremely efficient and friendly staff, with reasonable prices and really good food.
The main problem was caused by the other guests. We have never seen such rude and loud people. Constantly screaming, running kids. The parents were just as bad, yelling in the halls all day, slamming doors all day. Whenever I see similar comments in other reviews, I always think that obnoxious guests are not the hotel's fault. However, I will blame the hotel this time. Our 3rd night, I went to the front desk to see if we could move our room, to maybe get away from the loud people. The front desk knew about the issue and told me that there was nothing the hotel could do until 11PM. Really?? I'm supposed to put up with constantly screaming, running kids, and parents partying in the halls all day. I paid for this? I'm not a complainer, but I would have liked to maybe relax in my room before 11PM.
Housekeeping was spotty. Our 2nd day, there were no bath towels left in the room. I called the front desk and was told that they were extremely busy and that I'd have to come to the front desk myself. I went, expecting a mob, but there was no one there. I got the towels, but, come on. The next day, only 2 towels were left and we were clearly more than 2 people. Another trip to the front desk. This is just not good customer service.
The prices keep going up but the service decreases.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a second floor room. If not, you will hear every footstep of your upstairs neighb...
3 Thank GN3Traveller
Brooklyn, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have stayed at all three of their properties (Mariner, Town n Country and Cape Point) and by far the cape point is the best. Novia is a gem! We arrived before the room was ready and she was very kind. Took care of the check in and advised us on the pools and where to changed and wait while our room was being prepared. Once the room was ready she called my cell. The indoor and outdoor pools were clean and very nice. Our room on the ground level facing the garden/lawn was ok. Brandnew bathroom, comfy beds and a flat screen with dvd player. We had an iron and board, blowdryer and soap, shampoo, etc. Housekeeping could have done a better job. They only vacuumed once in 4 nights. One BIG NEGATIVE was that we were among some very rude and loud groups. The first night they were all outside (right outside our sliding doors) and kept us up with their yelling, laughing and screaming until past 2am. The second day they added loud music to the chaos at which point i called the front desk. Novia and another man came right over to speak to the group. However it did nothing. Our second night they kept us up to almost 1am. Now I understand it s peoples vacation and we all want to have a good time but you have to respect others right to a peaceful nights sleep and rest. I feel the hotel staff should have control of this issue. Kids ran wild up and down the hallways all night and day. Next door a child screamed endlessly while the parents laughed it up outside on the lawn! In general it was a good stay and we would possibly return, making sure to ask for a quiet room if they exist. We are not new to the cape. We visit several times during the year and are finding that the element in yarmouth is getting worse. I would rather spend a little more and stay in a hotel without a ghetto crowd!

2 Thank BklynMom2
Private
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at cape point just this week and was wowed by the service! Everyone was so kind and welcoming. But what I really must comment on is the service at the restaurant. The cafe was fabulous! The food was amazing and the service supreme. We had 2 waitresses, one was more quiet and reserved but the other one, I believe her name was heather... I thought the cafe would be awful because of the holiday weekend, but heather made my order go through quickly and was so kind and welcoming to my family and I. The service at cape point was amazing and next time we come down to the cape we will definitely come here again! In addition, our room was neat and tidy and the cleaning staff was superb!

1 Thank Mama4life
New York , New york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I'm from New York , Ny and I've decided to spend 4 days in Cape cod MA so I googled some hotels and found Cape Point Hotel to be exactly what I was looking for a little vacation . First off I called to book a reservation and the front desk clerk was extremely helpful and nice to me , her name was Angela I believe and she explained to me about the different types of rooms and the pricing , I told her my mother is coming and she is in her mid 80s and I was a little worried about her walking situation I mentioned she had fell a couple weeks ago and I would like her near the inside pool area , my mother used to be a swimming teacher and she still swims every chance she gets , so Ms. Angela offered me the 1st floor deluxe room since it was 2 of us we could not fit in a king room with a handcaped bathroom , she explained so I said ok that's fine , so she booked me first floor and even emailed me a confirmation number for my room , I came in last weekend and actually meet her in person I knew it was her because she has that Latina accent witch I'm familiar being from New York , so I approached her and told her " I spoke to you on the phone 2 weeks ago and she said" Well it's a pleasure to meet you I'm glad you made it here , and I though she was a very nice beautiful young lady and does a great job with customer service . Also the breakfast is delicious and a great price , great waitress's . The inside pool was great good temperature my mother had a lot of fun . Only thing I was very disappointed in was the whole towel situation , we never got room service the 2nd night and I called and they kept telling me the housemaid was going to bring it to my room and I never received it . Then I walked to the front desk and there was 2 lady's speaking another language after I told them that I needed towels . I'm not sure what they were saying but I felt uncomfortable like they was talking about me and their tone comes off a little rude . I am a teacher and I teach a lot of kids from other country's I know how uncomfortable they feel when someone else is speaking English and they don't understand , so I think on a hotel front desk people should not speak their own language when there is customers that do not understand , it's very uncomfortable made me feel like I was bothering them . But overall the whole experience was great I would definitely tell people to vacate at Cape Point Hotel .

• Stayed June 2014
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,036 reviews
Mariner Motor Lodge
Mariner Motor Lodge
#10 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Cape Point Hotel? Share your experiences!