“Dirtyand Musty!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Homer City, Pennsylvania
“Dirtyand Musty!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2010

The only good thing about this place is the pools. They might as well implode the rest of the place because it is a old mess! Dirty, musty, and uncomfortable!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank thinblueline3240

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Morris County, NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2010

I would not recommend this hotel. Upon entering the room, I noticed a strong smell of disinfectant, perhaps attempting to hide the musty smell of the room. Next, upon inspection of the bed I found a hair on a used pillowcase. The blanket was very old and worn. I would not think of using it. The mattress was so bad that I was fortunate I could try to sleep on one side. The mattress also make creaking noises. Also, housekeeping did not replace items used, i.e. face cloths, cups. If I hadn't been part of a tour group, I would have left immediately.

• Stayed June 2010

Travellers are raving about these West Yarmouth hotels

Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2010

Back in March, I stayed at this hotel and found a pair of mens used underware in my bed; however, I did get a personal email from the general manager apologizing for the embarrassing situation. He assurred me that new procedures had been put into place so this would never happen again.
I would definately stay here again and in all the years I have come to this hotel that had been the only issue I ever had.
Don't be afraid to stay here....it's a great place!! =)

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

I had read all of the previous reviews, and was concerned about some earlier issues noted. Once I arrived with my 2 children, I was reassured. I want to clarify that cleanliness seems to be one of the top priorities here.

The front desk staff are very helpful in directing guests to food and activity locations. I did request a change of room, which I was given, for a personal comfort issue. Again, the front office was very accommodating.

Sitting in the room, I must say that the upholstery, bedding and particularly the carpeting, all appear new, and there is nice wooden furniture, and this could be a new building, from the look of the inside of the rooms (sheetrock, wallpaper, etc.). The beds still aren't the most comfortable, but as a hotel VALUE, this is it.

The indoor pool is hugs and clean, with an attached dry sauna, and whirlpool. The outdoor pool is also nice.. My 13 year olds enjoyed both pools, and found "buddies" to play with. There is also an arcade downstairs where the kids can spend their quarters. I

n the wing closer to the lobby, I had no trouble getting free internet access from my room. (My earlier room, very close to the outdoor pool, had very weak internet access due to the distance from the front desk.) Your room placement request should be determined by your personal priorities.

For breakfast, you've GOT to try the Keltic Kitchen down the road. Fabulous food, great service, great prices, and lots of leftovers!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
capepointcc, General Manager at Cape Point Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2010
We Thank You for your comments and look forward to your return to the Cape Point. Just to let you know we have ordered 115 new matress and box springs which we are installing this week 20 at a time. 30 rooms are already complete. Again Thanks for choosing Cape Point Hotel.
Mass
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2010

This hotel is a great place to stay..excellent staff and awesome front desk. Pool is extremely clean and well maintained. the restaurant has delicious food. overall the hotel is great but the only bad thing is the beds there are very springy and old and very much needed update on the beds..but the rest is excellent room smelled cleaned. will stay again but will have a sore back again..My kids absolutely loved it and want to go back soon. Next school vacation i will be returning

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
capepointcc, General Manager at Cape Point Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2010
Thank You for your review of the Cape Point. We wanted to let you know we are adressing the issue of the beds as we speak. In the last year we have replaced about half the beds in the Hotel and we plan to complete the last half of the Hotel by Summer 2010. Thanks Again for Your comment.
Easthampton, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2010

My husband I have recently returned from another trip to the Cape Point and again, we’re very happy with our stay. We do try to make it here at least once a year if not more, but I’ve also recently brought my niece and sister-in-law for a girl’s weekend which was also a great time.

I am concerned about the other reviews citing problems with the house keeping, however I have never experienced these problems. In fact, I’ve found the opposite to be true. I’ve never had to ask the front desk for anything more than new batteries for the TV remote and to have the safe unlocked after the previous guest left it locked when they left. That being said, I will continue to check the bed linens when I arrive at the room to make sure that they are in order and there’s nothing that’s been “left behind” from a previous guest. Which I must say, I do at any and all hotels that I stay at.

We truly enjoy the breakfast café and the fact that there was a small microwave and free coffee outside the café, is a huge plus for us. Each morning we eat breakfast in the café and find the staff there to be extremely friendly and helpful in offering suggestions on local stores and restaurants.

My husband and I typically stay here in the off-season and during the week. The pool is our favorite spot and we usually have it all to ourselves. Since we spend a great deal of our time in the pool, we’ve seen the maintenance staff regularly checking the water temp and water quality.

We’re not terribly fussy travelers. We like safe, clean and friendly hotels. The Cape Point, in our opinions, meets all of our criteria. Obviously we won’t hesitate to stay here again and do feel comfortable about recommending this hotel to anyone. If the house keeping issues concern you, check the bathroom, frig and bedding when you enter the room to make sure things are up to par with your expectations. If not, it’s better to ask right away for another room rather than being surprised after you’ve unpacked & settled in.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Cumberland, RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

Recently, I planned a little getaway with my two young sons, somewhere close by with a pool for them to swim in. I booked an "economy" room in a hotel on line and arrived to find it completely unacceptable. We stumbled upon the Cape Point Hotel and its the best thing that could have happened. From the moment we walked into the lobby, it felt welcoming not just physically as in the condition of the hotel, but also in the way we were greeted by the man behind the desk. I found it to be perfect for the boys -- a big pool that's open until 10 and opens again at 8 a.m. Check in is at 2 and check out is at 11, so we got a great deal of swim time in. There were activities for the kids, it's clean, there's a breakfast cafe, ...I could go on, but suffice to say we will be returning there over April vacation. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
#8 of 22 in Hyannis
Mariner Motor Lodge
Mariner Motor Lodge
#10 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Cape Point Hotel? Share your experiences!