“Fun weekend” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Boston MA
“Fun weekend”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2011

Spent the weekend at Cape Point Hotel, for the Beach Party weekend. The staff was friendly and welcoming. This is not a luxury hotel, the rooms are a bit dated, the sliding door (from my room to the parking lot) would not open, the towels are thin, but the room was clean, and they offer Free Wireless. I had breakfast at the Cafe; the food was really good and very reasonably priced. My biggest complaint would be the noise level (lots of kids running the halls, banging doors, screaming) but I think that was because of the Beach Party, and not a reflection on the hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Enfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

All of us had a wonderful stay this weekend. Staff were helpful and happy to help us with anything we needed. So relaxing , can't wait for Wild card weekend next year. Thank you all. D&D

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

The rooms were big and spotless. We enjoyed the cafe for breakfast and the food was great! The staff was so friendly and made us feel like we were part of their family. I would and WILL recommend this hotel to all my friends. I can't think of one thing that I would change. This was our first trip to this hotel but it won't be our last. We are already making plans to go back and inviting friends to join us!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
shrewsbury, new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2010

I was on the cape for a wedding and based on trip advisor reviews, booked this thru expedia for two nights, a total of 141 including tax. It IS cheap.. $64 dollars a night. It was clean, staff was friendly, there's a small cafe on the first floor , I had a decent inexpensive breakfast. For this price, it is kind of bare bones... no coffee maker in room ( but free coffee in the lobby), and no expensively wrapped shampoos, etc. But I didn't expect more, there were travel items in the room, the bed was comfortable and it was quiet. Parking was easy, entrance is thru the main entrance. My second floor room had a sliding door which opened for ventilation. I didn't use it, since it was cold, but it's something I appreciate in lodging. One thing I should mention is that the heater was really loud, I ended up turning if off via the thermostat. I know this can happen in any lodging, I didn't get upset about it, I just turned it off and curiously, was plenty warm enough during the night. There was a small fridge in the room, and a table and chairs, TV was easy to operate. The place looks well kept. For the money, I'd certainly recommend this. I had put a do not disturb sign on my door, and was pleasantly surprised when the housekeeper called me the second day and asked it I wanted service. I declined however thought it was nice they called.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
North Easton Ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2010

Took a little mini vacation to the Cape Point, where I've stayed several times before. The staff, again, is totally helpful and friendly. The rooms and hotel in general are immaculate. Love the breakfast restaurant - great food at modest prices. I find it hard to believe that anyone could have some of the negative comments I've read on this site. I can't imagine staying anywhere else!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
New England, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2010

Over the years, my husband and I have enjoyed taking a weekend here and there at the Cape Point. We just returned from a nice off season visit and had a very nice time there once again. For us, it's an easy, inexpensive getaway and not too far to drive on a short weekend. I've long thought about writing a review and have never gotten around to it until now.

The Cape Point is not a new property and does show some signs of wear. I did notice some sprucing up in our room and in some of the common areas. The front desk staff and everyone we encountered during our stay was professional and pleasant. One thing I like about staying here is that management seems to let families enjoy themselves. That said, I've never seen any kids out of control by the pool either.

We stopped by the lounge for a beverage to go and things were quiet and welcoming. They serve a short list of snacks now too (not sure if they always have). Prices seemed decent.

Our room was a nice second floor standard room facing the woods. It was pleasant and the vanity looked nice and new and even had a new hairdryer. The thing I liked best about our room was that is was very CLEAN. I even did a critter inspection given all the news about bug invasions and the place was spotless. I would say housekeeping does a good job. I appreciate that they got to our room early in the day with fresh towels, etc. The one negative with our room was the loud heating unit. By the second day we were used to it kicking on and off, but at first it was jarring. It could use something.

Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank Ms.L
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2010

A great hotel & a great staff; every need I had was handled well; I was moved to a different room with the stronger Internet that I needed for my old laptop; great staffing at the Front Desk; terrific, large indoor swimming pool with sauna; great place for breakfast; wonderful location right on Rt 28 near everything! All in all; a top-notch week in a top-notch hotel!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
#8 of 22 in Hyannis
Mariner Motor Lodge
Mariner Motor Lodge
#10 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Cape Point Hotel? Share your experiences!