“Most Comfortable Bed We've Ever Slept On”
Review of Cape Point Hotel

Cape Point Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Reviewed 30 January 2011

My Husband and I planned a short getaway to the Cape to visit with his folks. We were looking for a place reasonably priced and close to Hyannis. We found the Cape Point to be extremely reasonable in rates, close to everything and the staff we encountered were very friendly. We had breakfast at their Cape Point Cafe every morning and it was phenominal. Portions were plenty and everything was made to perfection! It was fantastic that we were able to have breakfast before leaving the hotel to venture out. We enjoyed the whirlpool as well as the pool during the week when it was quiet. The only downside we encountered was the fact that their was no onsite laundry facility for the guests. We had to venture out to due laundry, however, it was less then 2 miles from the hotel. We also had found that the accessible room which we had was a little snug for my husband, who is in a wheelchair, to maneuver around in. But the bed we had was unbelievable. It was truely the most comfortable bed I've slept in! As it got busy for the weekend, we did notice, such as other reviews have posted, that the walls are paper thin. We were able to hear conversations as well as yawning from the room which shared a wall behind our bed and little feet running above our heads. But, overall our experience was great and we would go back the next next time we are heading out to the Cape.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cape Point Hotel

Reviewed 27 January 2011

I have to admit that I was a cynic as we drove into the parking lot of the Cape Point Hotel. This stretch of Route 28 is motel after motel and not all of them look that appetizing. As we walked in things quickly got better. Staff was friendly and when I noticed the smell of cigarette smoke in our room (no fault of the hotel), they took care of the problem immediately. By the time we had returned from the heated salt-water pool, the room was perfect. Beds were nice and stiff - very comfortable. Looking at the "Cafe" I figured we would end up going to Friendly's or MacDonalds for breakfast. Wrong. Prodded by my young daughters, we ate breakfast in the hotel. It was absolutely fabulous!!! Great service, food was outstanding and price was very reasonable! Belgian waffles, hash browns, hot chocolate with whipped cream - I was blown away! Kids loved it! Bottom line is that although Cape Point is not a "luxury" motel the price was right, and we plan on returning during the winter.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Spent the weekend at Cape Point Hotel, for the Beach Party weekend. The staff was friendly and welcoming. This is not a luxury hotel, the rooms are a bit dated, the sliding door (from my room to the parking lot) would not open, the towels are thin, but the room was clean, and they offer Free Wireless. I had breakfast at the Cafe; the food was really good and very reasonably priced. My biggest complaint would be the noise level (lots of kids running the halls, banging doors, screaming) but I think that was because of the Beach Party, and not a reflection on the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2011

All of us had a wonderful stay this weekend. Staff were helpful and happy to help us with anything we needed. So relaxing , can't wait for Wild card weekend next year. Thank you all. D&D

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2011

The rooms were big and spotless. We enjoyed the cafe for breakfast and the food was great! The staff was so friendly and made us feel like we were part of their family. I would and WILL recommend this hotel to all my friends. I can't think of one thing that I would change. This was our first trip to this hotel but it won't be our last. We are already making plans to go back and inviting friends to join us!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2010

I was on the cape for a wedding and based on trip advisor reviews, booked this thru expedia for two nights, a total of 141 including tax. It IS cheap.. $64 dollars a night. It was clean, staff was friendly, there's a small cafe on the first floor , I had a decent inexpensive breakfast. For this price, it is kind of bare bones... no coffee maker in room ( but free coffee in the lobby), and no expensively wrapped shampoos, etc. But I didn't expect more, there were travel items in the room, the bed was comfortable and it was quiet. Parking was easy, entrance is thru the main entrance. My second floor room had a sliding door which opened for ventilation. I didn't use it, since it was cold, but it's something I appreciate in lodging. One thing I should mention is that the heater was really loud, I ended up turning if off via the thermostat. I know this can happen in any lodging, I didn't get upset about it, I just turned it off and curiously, was plenty warm enough during the night. There was a small fridge in the room, and a table and chairs, TV was easy to operate. The place looks well kept. For the money, I'd certainly recommend this. I had put a do not disturb sign on my door, and was pleasantly surprised when the housekeeper called me the second day and asked it I wanted service. I declined however thought it was nice they called.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2010

Took a little mini vacation to the Cape Point, where I've stayed several times before. The staff, again, is totally helpful and friendly. The rooms and hotel in general are immaculate. Love the breakfast restaurant - great food at modest prices. I find it hard to believe that anyone could have some of the negative comments I've read on this site. I can't imagine staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
#10 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Mariner Motor Lodge
Mariner Motor Lodge
#9 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Cape Point Hotel? Share your experiences!