Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Reviewed 22 January 2012

we love the king suites at the Hampton chain the rooms are always clean and fresh great beds and the free breakfast are very good. The staff are always nice and helpful.

Room Tip: we have a rewords to save points for a free night
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank teeter2
HamptonInnCapeCod, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

I am very happy to see that all aspects of your stay continue to exceed your expectations every time you stay with us! I agree, the king suites are a wonderful upgrade with the extra space and pull out couch.

We look forward to you next visit!
Brenna

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth

Reviewed 1 January 2012

I have travelled extensively throughout the country, and even overseas, and have never experienced bed bugs till I came to this place. I was travelling with a team, and the night I checked in we had barely used the room (had not even unpacked our luggage), when I happened to sit on the bed spread and suddenly I noticed a small brown insect about the size of a small pea, approaching where I was sitting. I jumped up and immediately killed the critter by folding the bed spread and so as to crush it. I then noticed numerous other insects on the bed spread (at least 5 or 6) that were the size of ants. I immediately called the front desk and one of the persons on duty came. A young man who was very courteous but simultaneously angry and scared insisted "Those are not bed bugs...they are... ticks!!...That's what that is, it's just a tick". This did not make me feel better but worse. Most people would have checked out immediately but I was in a tough situation travelling from out of state to an important competition. So I demanded another room. He did give it to me. I inspected it thoroughly, and it appeared to be clean. I also googled bed bugs and ticks, and confirmed that what I saw were bed bugs and not ticks, and that bed bugs per se do not necessarily carry disease. So given that the new room appeared to be clean, I decided to stay. The next morning I met up with several folks in my group and one of them told me that she had her room moved as well, because she found what appeared to be a dead bed bug in her bed. I also learned that the hotel had a third party (professional) that had inspected her room to ensure that it was free of bed bugs. So I asked the management for the same. When the person came later on that day, he inspected my new room as well as my luggage and assured me I was bed bug free. He said he would check the other room as well (I was less interested in that because I knew what I saw) but that he would not necessarily share the results with me. The manager, whose name I am omitting, who was with him later on contacted me and gave me what I believe was some story: She told me that the other room did in fact have bed bugs in it, that it had been vacant for 2 weeks, and that there was no evidence that the infestation had been there for any long time. So she basically told me that she was concerned that I had bed bugs at home and that it was ME who brought them to the hotel. I asked her for a printed copy of the report from the supposed professional who had done the inspection, but she refused. I was very busy with my team activities so I did not have any more time to waste with her. But I felt like telling her: How could I have brought bed bugs to that room when I was hardly in the room a half hour, had not unpacked a thing, and then continued to live in the new, clean room, for several days with no signs of bed bugs?? Do you really expect me to believe that all the bed bugs managed to jump out of my luggage and infest that one bed in that other room? Also, how is it that I never noticed bed bugs in my house either before or after this trip (over 2 weeks ago??) The only thing I asked is what compensation would I get for this and she responded I would not have to pay my first night.

Dear Manager and you know who you are: I have seen you respond to other reviewers in this forum, e.g. the one that preceded mine. Please do not bother responding to mine. I would much rather have a manager who is above you respond. I am very disappointed in Hampton Inns. Bed bugs are a very sad fact of life. I did not deserve to be lied to. You should have just admitted the problem and given me a free stay I think I was very reasonable and could have started a movement among the many folks who were travelling in my party to all leave your hotel, and I did not. I could have made a scene in the lobby and I did not.

Anything else I can say about my stay? Well the one positive thing is that the staff was courteous, the second room was clean, and the breakfasts were good. But like I said if I were not stuck having to stay in that town for a special event, I would have ran out the first night.

Room Tip: Check for bedbugs before you sit on the bed.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
21  Thank BugHater2011
HamptonInnCapeCod, Owner at Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2012

Hello,

My name is David Darling one of the Principles of the Cape Cod Hampton Inn. I am very sorry that your experience at our hotel was unsatisfactory.

I completely understand your concerns, frustrations, we can't apologize enough for the major inconvenience that this experience caused you. I heard about the incident immediately the day in question. We made the decision to get a third party in to completely eradicate the problem. The bed bug dilemma is of epic proportions in this country but very common in most other countries. Unfortunately for you, me, and future guest of hotels worldwide this is a problem that is here to stay and can only be delt with on individual cases. We take great strides to prevent such situations as yours but even the best hotels in the world have to deal with these nuisances from time to time. We have pest detecting dogs go through our hotel four times a year to make sure that we do not have a problem. These critters travel from home to new home, they are unwanted guests wherever they go and there is no way to permentaly prevent them from coming.

I would like to apologize for the actions of the staff as they are not pest professionals and should not have spoken out of turn. I assure you that we take every guest complaint very seriously and we will learn from this experience to make sure this is a isolated incident. We take pride in providing exceptional customer service and I am truly sorry that we failed you and would love another opportunity to provide you with a exceptional experience. Please contact me at earliest convenience to discuss further 508-336-7300.

David Darling

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Checked in on a Wednesday for a stay through Sunday.
A couple - mid 30's, from the west coast, extensively traveled.
I picked this hotel for a) location b) existing reviews c) room selection and d) included breakfast

I was impressed at first because this hotel is lower on my set of standards - it was clean, check in was friendly.

2nd day at the hotel, we left the room at 11am, the room was not cleaned and the do not disturb was not left on. Not sure why the room was not cleaned.

The breakfast was a major disappointment. I could even accept this because lets face it, its not a 4 star hotel, but really the only thing edible was the fruit. The "omelets" if thats what you called them were chewy, microwaved, and they smelled funny. I didn't go near the "sausage". All I took part in was the fruit. Two thumbs up for the ever present coffee in the lobby though. It would be great if they had fresh 1/2 and 1/2 instead of the cream containers but thats just me being picky.

I was all set to give this hotel 4 stars (for its category) until the weekend came and the hotel became what appeared to be full. Both Saturday and Sunday mornings I had ice cold showers. I can only assume this is due to the increased check ins at the hotel and the hotel simply can't accomodate hot water for that many people. A good shower, a good nights sleep, and cleanliness are all at the top of my list. Not having even luke warm water to shower with = major issue.

I'd say this hotel is ok if breakfast isn't that important, and you are staying during a weekend. Other than that, I'd skip it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank CA_DINK
HamptonInnCapeCod, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our property. We sincerely appreciate the feedback.

I am terribly sorry to hear of the inconveniences you faced during your stay. I am hoping to have the opportunity to speak with you personally so I can gain more information regarding the details of your stay. Would you reach out to me directly at your earliest convenience? I would like to know the dates of your stay and your room number. This information will allow me to do more research to find out what happened.

I can be reached by phone (508.862.9010) or emal (brenna@hamptoninncapecod.com).

I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you.

Thank you, again, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Brenna Sullivan

Reviewed 13 November 2011

It is a bit boring talking again an again on the fine standards and great value provided by the hampton inn network, and this is exactly what i like about hampton inn. I always know what i am going to get:
1. clean, comfortable, fair sized rooms
2. great service
3. complementary breakfast
4. complementary wifi
5. great value

We visited the hampton inn at west Yarmouth on November 2011, by all means this is not the best time to visit the cape. It is very noticeable that it is not high season and the traffic of people was very light. Visiting the cape is probably better around July-September and to that end i would say that the hampton inn would serve your accommodations requirements perfectly with one exception.....location. it is difficult to say that the location on the hampton inn of west yarmouth is very close to anything, but to west yarmouth itself. it is about 45 minutes drive from Provincetown which is really the gem of cape code and it is not very close to route 6 which is really the main route crossing throughout the cape. if you don't mind the drive it should not be a problem at all. all in all great value hotel (we paid 115$) that i would recommend for everybody coming to visit the cape.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sivan L
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This is a newer property and has been well maintained. I've only stayed during months outside the vacation season, so its typically pretty quiet. I have enjoyed using the hot tub and indoor pool. The breakfast is typical for Hamption Inn, and the staff is always very friendly. Sometimes they will come to your table offering fresh fruit or asking if you need anything (this behavior can be defined as "above and beyond" expectations for this class hotel). On this visit I did find clothing from the last occupant that housekeeping obviously missed, so I was suspicious of what else I might find as I quickly scanned the room. Only that one item, everything else was good.

The fitness center is spacious with a couple tread mills, elipticals, cycles, mats, and small Universal type weight machine. All equipment was clean and in good working order. There is also a very nice arcade for the kids.

If you follow my reviews for other hotels or restuarants I can nit-pick, often so I don't over qualify expectations. I have no complaints for this property. If you're familiar with this chain, this is one of the better locations.

Room Tip: Suites have king size beds; these rooms are at end of halls on all floors.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We needed a quick getaway to the Cape to do some late autumn bike riding. Found Hampton Inn on line. Great bang for the buck. Room was clean with two queen sized beds. Indoor pool, whirlpool, fitness center and one of the best free breakfast setups I've enjoyed. Great rates, no downside.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2011

My sister and daughter and I shared a room while visiting family in Wellfleet, Ma. The young woman who checked us in was friendly and welcoming. We were just in time for warm chocolate chip cookies!
The bed linens were soft and the mattress was comfortable. A huge downside to having a restful sleep was the noise of the heater going off and on to adjust the temperature. None of us got restorative sleep.
After a hearty breakfast hosted by a friendly hostess, I raised my concerns with the front desk staff.
I was told that I should have called to report the problem. An explanation of the automatic temperature setting and resultant noise was given to me. It didn't make much sense to me. Having stayed at this property before, I felt like I was being given the brush off. I left after being assured the manager would call me.

Room Tip: Given my recent experience, it might be wise to ask for a room with a quiet/updated heating system.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
SeaCoast Inn
#4 of 22 in Hyannis
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cape Cod Hyannis

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth? Share your experiences!