“Why isn't everyone staying here?? Excellent experience.”

Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Manorville, New York
“Why isn't everyone staying here?? Excellent experience.”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I had the great pleasure of staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites in West Yarmouth during the middle of April 2012. To sum things up quickly: my experience at this hotel was amazing. For details, read on...

I'm no stranger to Cape Cod and have visited many, many times over the past 20 years. I was concerned at first that because the Hampton Inn was located in "hotel alley" (a section of Route 28 running from Hyannis to almost Harwich Port) that it would resemble the other "cheaper" alternatives. But, no. I was greatly relieved upon pulling up to the Hampton Inn that it stood out like a "shining star" among the dimmer alternatives. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot of the Hampton Inn, I was immediately taken by the well manicured lawns, trees, and other landscape.

Walking in to the clean, well lit, lobby, I was greeted in a genuine, friendly, warming manner by the desk staff. Check-in was a breeze. Next step is getting to the room. As I walked down the hallway pulling my suitcase on wheels, I couldn't help but notice the clean and QUIET hallways . You can tell that the Hampton Inn put some money into soundproofing.

Arriving at the room, upon opening the door, I was greeted by the refreshingly clean smell and look of the room. The bathroom is large and has lots of counter room for all the "stuff" one brings. BUT... the most impressive thing about the bathroom was the shower and the water PRESSURE!!! How many times have people traveled and stayed in hotels where the shower barely dribbles out water and a shower takes what seems like hours to finish. NOT at this Hampton Inn. As soon as I turned on the shower, water came out with a GOOD amount of pressure that made the shower a dream. A few times when I was downstairs waiting for a business colleague to come, I overheard other guest complaining about "slow draining tub/showers". I thought I had the same issue, UNTIL I realized that the tub/shower drain stopper is permanently affixed and is a "Pull and Turn" type. That is, I needed to make sure that I pulled UP on the tub/shower stopper and twist is slightly so that it would STAY UP. A very simple process that once completed had water draining so fast that there was no slow draining issue. So, I thought that perhaps these other guests missed that.

Free Breakfast was AMAZING. This is NO cheapo wrapped pastries, canned juice affair. NOPE... this free breakfast had HOT eggs (different styles each morning), hot sausage or bacon (depending on the day), little potatoes.....AND the Make Your Own Waffle!!! How nice is it to be able to pour batter into the hot waffle iron device, spin it 180 degrees and in 2 minutes the beep comes, spin it back, and voila! out pops a hot, fresh waffle. Bonus points for Hampton Inn for providing sugar FREE syrup!! What else at the breakfast? Cereals... something for everyone... Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Raisin Bran. ...... Fresh fruit!!!..... Juices!!!.... and of course, pastries, bagles, rolls, and good ol' bread for toasting. Coffee and Tea are available in the lobby coffee station area (which is literally next to the breakfast area). As I type this, I'm getting hungry just thinking about this and wishing I was there.

Other things impressing me at the hotel were: the super clean indoor pool.... the guest laundry (How often does one find washers and dryers available for the guest to do his/her own laundry at a FRACTION of the price of sending it out... which you can also do).... then there's the free wi-fi available throughout the hotel allowing easy connection with laptop or iPad or whatever....and finally, it was just the overall QUALITY of everything in and about the hotel that made this trip stand out.

One of the earlier reviewers talked about the beds not being comfortable. I don't know what he was expecting. The beds were not just piles of fluff that you sank into. Who needs that for your back? The beds were medium firm, but had a pillow top. And there were PLENTY of pillows available. So with the quietness of the room and the comfort of the bed, a sound sleep was had every night.

So... now that you've read through my novel... is there anything that I couldn't recommend about the Hampton Inn and Suites in West Yarmouth? Nope. It was nice. And when you stay there, you, too, will note that it's a great deal for the money AND will note that EVERYONE who works there from front desk to the people who clean the rooms are GENUINELY FRIENDLY and NICE... there is not a false note among them.

I will return to this hotel each time I visit Cape Cod and will be pleased to recommend it to anyone who asks for a great place to stay on the Cape.

2 Thank Russell W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
vernon, ct
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Booked this hotel based on past experience with Hampton Inn and the price was reasonable. Location was convenient to Hyannis and to route 6 for exploring the rest of the cape. Room was good size and clean, King bed was comfortable. Hotel staff was friendly, and courteous. Housekeeping did an excellent job. There were a variety of restaurants nearby although some were still closed for the off-season. Only took advantage of the breakfast one day and the food was average but it was included in the price of he room. Was unable to use the indoor pool but it looked clean and inviting.

Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I choose to stay at Hampton Inn's because of their consistent dedication to quality. This Hampton Inn, like most, offers a clean and friendly environment. This hotel is situated in the tourist section of the Hyannis/ Yarmouth area. There are no restaurants within walking distance, but there are many choices just a short drive away.
Only a few minor details keep this from a five rating. The hotel is sandwiched between two run-down properties, so there isn't much of a view. The heating/ air conditioning unit cycles on and off and is noisy. When the ac is off, you can hear the neighbors. The beds aren't quite as comfortable as in most Hampton Inns.
The service is friendly and helpful. Having breakfast provided is a real bonus as you don't have to leave the hotel and look for a restaurant.
Compared to most Cape Cod hotels, this is a good value and a top choice.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
HamptonInnCapeCod, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review of our property.

I am terribly sorry to learn that the air conditioner were loud during your stay. I know my response is delayed, however I did have our maintenance team look at the air conditioner in your room and the ones next door.

As for the properties surrounding us, I am happy to report that one of them did a lot of renovations this spring and replaced all the roofs on the buildings. This significantly improved the curb appeal (and the view from our hotel!).

I am glad that the majority of your stay exceeded your expectations. If there is anything I may be able to do to make your stay more comfortable in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Middletown, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stayed at the Hampton inn for a quick weekend get away. We booked the room last minute and were pleased to get one of the last rooms... We thought that odd being that it was off season....however once we got there we know why... What an awesome hotel! We were greeted by the friendliest desk staff ever. When we got to the room it was fab!! Very very clean and very pretty! The bathroom was spotless and stocked with towels! My daughter and husband used the indoor pool which was great!! The complimentary breakfast was very nice.. Oatmeal, fruit, cold cereal, make your own waffles and scrambled eggs and bacon. Something for everyone! We are returning to the cape next month and will be returning to the Hampton Inn... For us, it's a no brainer! Give it a try.. You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank mrschiti
Welcome back!!!

We can't thank you enough for taking the time to write such wonderful things about our hotel! It makes all our efforts worth while when we know that our guests are enjoying our hotel as much as you are and to see it in writing makes it even more touching! Thank you for choosing us again and again!

If there is any way I may be of assitance in the future, please contact me directly.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!!
VATravel36
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I love Hampton's normally and this one certainly keeps up the standards of excellent service. However, the bed was like a rock and the pillows were as thin as a slice of bread. With upgrades to these critical items this would be a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank VATravel36
Please accept my apologies for my delay in responding to your comment. I have a lot of catching up to do!!

I am thrilled to see that our team had such a wonderful impact on your stay. I am terribly sorry to learn that you did not sleep well. We have two types of pillows in all the rooms: feather and synthetic. Did you find both uncomfortable?

When you return to our property again, please contact me directly before your arrival and we will brainstorm some ways to make the bedding more comfortable to you. It's our pleasure to help in any way we can!

Thank you, again, for commenting on your stay! We hope to see you again soon!
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I arrived after a weekend travel show, sorely in need of some decompress time. Heather checked me in and was awesome. I asked for a room on the first floor near an entrance and she went further and upgraded me too. Beautiful, clean hotel in a great location. Winter on Cape Cod is my favorite season and this is a great hotel for everything from business to family to romance.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Terri S
HamptonInnCapeCod, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our hotel and team. I will be sure to pass your kind words to Heather and our other team members; they will be so happy to hear them!

We look forward to your next visit; if there is anything we can do for you in the mean time, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Brenna
South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 March 2012

This hotel is by far one of the nicest on Cape Cod. It is very tastefully decorated and spotless! The staff is so friendly and accommodating, especially the General Mgr Brenna, and the manager Travis! I highly recommend this hotel for any occasion!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful!