I had the great pleasure of staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites in West Yarmouth during the middle of April 2012. To sum things up quickly: my experience at this hotel was amazing. For details, read on...
I'm no stranger to Cape Cod and have visited many, many times over the past 20 years. I was concerned at first that because the Hampton Inn was located in "hotel alley" (a section of Route 28 running from Hyannis to almost Harwich Port) that it would resemble the other "cheaper" alternatives. But, no. I was greatly relieved upon pulling up to the Hampton Inn that it stood out like a "shining star" among the dimmer alternatives. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot of the Hampton Inn, I was immediately taken by the well manicured lawns, trees, and other landscape.
Walking in to the clean, well lit, lobby, I was greeted in a genuine, friendly, warming manner by the desk staff. Check-in was a breeze. Next step is getting to the room. As I walked down the hallway pulling my suitcase on wheels, I couldn't help but notice the clean and QUIET hallways . You can tell that the Hampton Inn put some money into soundproofing.
Arriving at the room, upon opening the door, I was greeted by the refreshingly clean smell and look of the room. The bathroom is large and has lots of counter room for all the "stuff" one brings. BUT... the most impressive thing about the bathroom was the shower and the water PRESSURE!!! How many times have people traveled and stayed in hotels where the shower barely dribbles out water and a shower takes what seems like hours to finish. NOT at this Hampton Inn. As soon as I turned on the shower, water came out with a GOOD amount of pressure that made the shower a dream. A few times when I was downstairs waiting for a business colleague to come, I overheard other guest complaining about "slow draining tub/showers". I thought I had the same issue, UNTIL I realized that the tub/shower drain stopper is permanently affixed and is a "Pull and Turn" type. That is, I needed to make sure that I pulled UP on the tub/shower stopper and twist is slightly so that it would STAY UP. A very simple process that once completed had water draining so fast that there was no slow draining issue. So, I thought that perhaps these other guests missed that.
Free Breakfast was AMAZING. This is NO cheapo wrapped pastries, canned juice affair. NOPE... this free breakfast had HOT eggs (different styles each morning), hot sausage or bacon (depending on the day), little potatoes.....AND the Make Your Own Waffle!!! How nice is it to be able to pour batter into the hot waffle iron device, spin it 180 degrees and in 2 minutes the beep comes, spin it back, and voila! out pops a hot, fresh waffle. Bonus points for Hampton Inn for providing sugar FREE syrup!! What else at the breakfast? Cereals... something for everyone... Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Raisin Bran. ...... Fresh fruit!!!..... Juices!!!.... and of course, pastries, bagles, rolls, and good ol' bread for toasting. Coffee and Tea are available in the lobby coffee station area (which is literally next to the breakfast area). As I type this, I'm getting hungry just thinking about this and wishing I was there.
Other things impressing me at the hotel were: the super clean indoor pool.... the guest laundry (How often does one find washers and dryers available for the guest to do his/her own laundry at a FRACTION of the price of sending it out... which you can also do).... then there's the free wi-fi available throughout the hotel allowing easy connection with laptop or iPad or whatever....and finally, it was just the overall QUALITY of everything in and about the hotel that made this trip stand out.
One of the earlier reviewers talked about the beds not being comfortable. I don't know what he was expecting. The beds were not just piles of fluff that you sank into. Who needs that for your back? The beds were medium firm, but had a pillow top. And there were PLENTY of pillows available. So with the quietness of the room and the comfort of the bed, a sound sleep was had every night.
So... now that you've read through my novel... is there anything that I couldn't recommend about the Hampton Inn and Suites in West Yarmouth? Nope. It was nice. And when you stay there, you, too, will note that it's a great deal for the money AND will note that EVERYONE who works there from front desk to the people who clean the rooms are GENUINELY FRIENDLY and NICE... there is not a false note among them.
I will return to this hotel each time I visit Cape Cod and will be pleased to recommend it to anyone who asks for a great place to stay on the Cape.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As the newest of Cape Cod hotels, Hampton Inn Cape Cod welcomes you with a fabulous mix of amenities, including 'hot on the house' breakfast buffet, high-speed Internet access and state of the art 'jump start" fitness center, as well as an indoor and outdoor pool. Our combination of modern amenities and gracious guest rooms or suites make us the hotel of choice near Hyannis. In fact, we are the only Hampton Inn and Suites on the Cape, as well as the only hotel to be backed by Hampton Inn and Suites 100% satisfaction guarantee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth Hotel West Yarmouth
- Hampton Inn West Yarmouth
- Hampton Inn And Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth MA