“Perfect location, Beautiful”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Palmdale, California
“Perfect location, Beautiful”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Enjoyed my stay on the Cape, the hotel is wonderful but there are a few issues Im sure they will work out. All issues I had were minor and will not keep me from returning. All in all the hotel is in a perfect location and the staff are very nice. My room was large and roomy, very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in mid-September of 2013. We tried to check in early (around 2 PM), but were told that the room wasn't ready. When we returned at 4, we had to wait a few minutes for them to ensure that the room was ready (it was).

The room was clean and the bathroom was a grade above what I've seen at other Hampton Inns. Beds were comfortable and thermostat worked great.

The building was a bit noisy, but I expect that that's not the fault of the hotel, as it seems they were quite full for the weekend.

Though I might opt to stay at a different location on the Cape on my next visit, I would not hesitate to suggest this hotel to anyone staying in the Hyannis/Yarmouth area. Short drive from Main Street and lots of beaches.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed 22 September 2013

As usual the Hampton Inn doesn't disappoint. We stayed there for three days while moving our son to the area for a New Job. Everything was brand new and clean, the service was outstanding. We did have one when glitch at 6:30 in the morning due to a fire alarm. We all headed out to the parking lot in jammies until the fire department gave us the all clear. Just burnt toast hahahah. all was forgotten and we went back to sleep. By the way not to many nice hotels in this area so this should be your first choice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 19 September 2013

A friend and I were on the Cape for a fund raiser and stayed at this hotel. We arrived around 2;30pm to check In and leave our luggage at the desk as we had a meeting to attend. Official check in time was 4pm, so I knew the room probably would not be ready. I was told I could not check in. He called it a Single Checkin System whatever that means. So we left luggage and came back after 4pm. Room not ready. Again told we could not check in because I asked for a specific type room. When you make reservations online, you pick the type of room you want. So did not understand that reasoning.

We finally got checked in at 11pm after our dinner and meeting, picked up the luggage and went to the room. Nice room. King sized bed and pull out sofa. About 11:30pm I opened the sofa and no sheets. Went to closet to get the sheets, pillow and blanket. Only a blanket. So I grabbed a couple of pillows off the bed and slept on the mattress cover with the blanket.

The loud a/c was running and the temp was fine. It was a warm night out. Within an hour the a/c quit. It made a gurgling sound and passed away. Very warm night to say the least.

About 9:10am there was a knock on the door (yes, forgot to put out the DND sign) and it was the crew to clean up. Checkout time is 11:00am. Got into the shower (big shower/no tub) and could not figure out which way to turn the shower handle. Nothing on it to note hot/cold. Got out of shower and found the right temp.

Breakfast area was nice and the coffee was good. We were heading out to Brunch before heading home and did not eat, but the food looked fine.

I am a Hilton Honors member and found it very frustrating to get checked in. I have never had this problem before at any of the Hilton properties. So just wondering, is this a new system countrywide? I hope not.

The hotel itself is very nice, staff was friendly, but it looks like some kinks need to be worked.

If we return to the Cape next year for our meeting, will not stay here. Should have stayed at the Doubletree.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
HamptonInnCapeCod, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am terribly sorry to see that you were not able to check in due to your room type. I would love the opportunity to speak with you regarding this in more detail so I can figure out exactly what happened to prevent it from happening in the future and work with you to find a resolution. We hate to see that you left with such a negative feeling about our property.

Would you please contact me at your convenience? You can reach me by phone (508.862.9010) or email (brenna.sullivan@hilton.com).

Thank you, in advance, for your ongoing feedback.

Brenna
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The location in Yarmouth is just right! Check in was warm and welcoming and fast! Our room, the hotels, pools, breakfast area super clean! The staff always trying to make our stay enjoyable. I cant see staying anywhere else on the cape....and we visit often!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
hatfield, MA
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed in king bed suite with sofabed. Property is almost new, very clean and good sized room. Convenient location on the Cape. Very adequate free breakfast.
I guess I'm too used to soft top on mattress, slept really poorly on the too firm mattress.
Nicely decorated room though.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Wethersfield, United States
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This hotel is in a great location and provides a lot of amenities! The shuttle runs by a schedule and if you are looking to go anywhere outside the schedule you may need to talk to several people until arrangements can be made. Room was very clean and comfortable. Close by to many restaurants and the Ferry is a mile away.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Pleasant Bay Village
Pleasant Bay Village
#2 of 9 in Chatham
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cape Cod Hyannis

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth? Share your experiences!