“Nice hotel but overpriced and poor service.”

Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Reviewed 2 October 2013

After staying in a number of Hampton Inn's previously I did not receive the usual Hampton welcome.

This hotel was the most expensive night of our 10 night New England break. On arrival we were left waiting 10-15 minutes to check in whilst the receptionist was taking a booking by telephone. At no point during the conversation did she acknowledge we were there.
When she had finished the phone call her welcome was 'are you guys waiting to check in?'. No apologies, nothing.

This was made more frustrating as within seconds of her dealing with us someone came out of the backroom behind the lobby to deal with someone else.

There is a strong smell of chlorine in the lobby which we didn't get in any other hotel that we stayed in with indoor pools.

Rooms weren't the cleanest, a number of long hairs were found on one bed and the bathroom floor.

Now to the good points, hotel is brand new, HDTV, wi-fi, fridge and microwave in all rooms. Rooms are nicely decorated compared to normal Hampton inn's and it is close (within 15-20 walking distance) to Hyannis.

A good base for exploring the Cape.

Would stay here again but would hope this was a one off.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
HamptonInnCapeCod, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review your experience at our hotel.

I am terribly sorry to learn that you experienced any inconveniences during your stay with us. We certainly do not find it acceptable. I shared the information you provided us with our team so everyone will be more aware of timeliness and cleanliness. I assure you, this is not a norm at our hotel.

In order to help us ensure that we can correct this situation, would you please reach out to me to provide me with additional feedback? I would like to know the dates of your stay and your room number so we can address specifically with the team members who you interacted with. I can be reached on property (508.862.9010) or by email (brenna.sullivan@hilton.com)

Brenna

Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Safe and comfy. Centrally located to explore Cape Cod. Helpful staff, shuttle service to Ferries and well lit, safe parking. Great breakfast in a beautiful setting!! Clean rooms. 2 pools and a nice jacuzzi.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The Yarmouth Hampton Inn is a wonderful place to stay on Cape Cod. Our room was beautifully decorated, clean and bright. Very comfortable bed! Enjoyed having a small refrigerator and microwave in our room and the free breakfast each morning was wonderful. We will definitely be staying here again.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 or 4 days this month. It's within a 'reasonable' walking distance to Hyannis (15-20 minutes?) which is convenient if you're not in the mood to drive. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel and room itself were clean and comfortable. I got a room with a whirlpool which was awesome. The complimentary breakfast was very crowded, (obviously being labor day weekend), and it was your standard breakfast stuff---waffles, eggs, sausage, bagels, muffins, etc etc etc. But I have no complaints. A nice variety.
If I return to the area, I will stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This was our first time staying at a Hampton, and we really liked it. The room was nice sized and clean, we always had plenty of towels and toiletries, the bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet. My only complaints would be the computers in the business center would not print attachments (whale watching boarding passes and our plane boarding passes) and the shuttle bus only takes you within a two mile radius which makes me wonder just where they actually go. Other than that, I loved staying here and would definitely stay here again if (when!) we go back.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Enjoyed my stay on the Cape, the hotel is wonderful but there are a few issues Im sure they will work out. All issues I had were minor and will not keep me from returning. All in all the hotel is in a perfect location and the staff are very nice. My room was large and roomy, very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in mid-September of 2013. We tried to check in early (around 2 PM), but were told that the room wasn't ready. When we returned at 4, we had to wait a few minutes for them to ensure that the room was ready (it was).

The room was clean and the bathroom was a grade above what I've seen at other Hampton Inns. Beds were comfortable and thermostat worked great.

The building was a bit noisy, but I expect that that's not the fault of the hotel, as it seems they were quite full for the weekend.

Though I might opt to stay at a different location on the Cape on my next visit, I would not hesitate to suggest this hotel to anyone staying in the Hyannis/Yarmouth area. Short drive from Main Street and lots of beaches.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Yarmouth
Blue Water on the Ocean
Blue Water on the Ocean
#5 of 21 in South Yarmouth
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth? Share your experiences!