Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“2 thumbs up”
Reviewed 24 November 2009

This is a nice new hotel. I used my Hilton Honors points to stay at this Hampton Inn and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is clean, the beds are comfy, the TV is great, the bathroom is very nice, and the breakfast was a real pleasure. I had a room on the 2nd floor with a King sized bed and it came with a roomy bathroom with a double shower. All of the furniture is new and in excellent shape. The front desk and breakfast staff were very professional and helpful. I went with one of their lunch suggestions - the Indian Pavilion in Hyannis - great lunch. I was concerned that I might have to get breakfast elsewhere after reading some of the reviews but there was plenty of food. Fresh coffee, fruit, juices, waffles, eggs, sausage, cereals, muffins, and yogurt. The hotel was virtually empty since this is the off season and it was very pleasant to be just one of the handful of guests staying here. I didn't use the pool, but checked it out - nice. I will gladly stay here again in the future. Also, I ran out of toothpaste and the hotel gave me 3 packets of free toothpaste. Not a single thing went wrong here and everyone was very pleasant. I saw some of the other reviews with people moaning about the lack of free signature cookies - but who cares, really if that is the biggest complaint that people have they need to just get over their carbohydrate obsession.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank kachadol
HamptonInnCapeCod, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth, responded to this review, 2 February 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in November. Please accept my apologies for not responding sooner... I just figured out how to respond to these on TripAdvisor.

Your kind words were so pleasent to read. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay from restaurant suggestions to breakfast!

I look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Brenna Sullivan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
NW Connecticut
Reviewed 28 October 2009

Had an enjoyable stay. Rooms are brand new and quiet. Used HH points for the stay and got upgraded to a corner suite, which was very appreciated. Very helpful and friendly staff. Good sized indoor pool, was used every night by the kids. Good location, mid cape, so it was easy to go to the different parts plus its located right on RT 28.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Iceair614
On behalf of the entire Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod Team, thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us in October. Please accept my apologies for not responding sooner... We just learned how to respond to our Trip Advisor Reviews!

I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to stay on points! Hilton Honors is a great way to make the most of your time on the road!

The corner suites are my favorite rooms on property. It is wonderful that you enjoyed it as well along with our pool and our friendly staff!

We look forward to your next visit!

Brentwood, California
Reviewed 13 October 2009

We were delighted with our stay at the Hampton Inn. The rooms are large, the beds & bedding are divine (you can even purchase them!), plenty of towels, and a large flat screen TV to enjoy at the end of our day. Our stay included a very nice breakfast each morning. They have an large indoor pool & spa & an outdoor pool. They even have a laundry room, which was perfect for those traveling. The location was perfect for us and we would recommend anyone traveling to the Cape to stay here!

1 Thank Luvem2
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us in October! Please accept my apologies for not responding to your review sooner... we just learned that we can respond to trip advisor reviews!

We are honored that you would reccommend us to anyone staying on the Cape. That is one of the best compliments we could receive!

I am glad to see you enjoyed our ammenities and our Free Hot Breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you next time your on the Cape!

General manager
North Salem, New York
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We had never been to Cape Cod and wanted to see if was a place we would rent a house next summer. We picked the Hampton Inn because we have always had good experiences with other hotels of this chain. They are always quiet, clean and the staff is always pleasant.

The location of the hotel is perfect for someone like us. We weren't sure what to expect, and it was off season to boot. The hotel itself is beautiful, brand new and very upscale for a Hampton. Nickel fixtures, furniture vanity, flatscreen tv etc. The staff was wonderful, very helpful and amusing, not too busy to give area tips.

It is on a main drag, Rte 28, so don't expect to hear the ocean. That being said, it is central to anywhere: 5 minutes to Hyannis, 10 minutes to Bass River, and has easy access to 6 and 6A. The afternoon we arrived we asked a gentleman at the front desk if there were any spots in the area where we could take a quick walk on the beach. He showed us 2 wonderful spots, Smugglers beach and Sea Gull beach. It just set the mood for the rest of the time we were there.

Take the Bass River Ride if you can. It's a two hour slow trip through some of the most beautiful scenery. The two guides were great...even though they say the same thing 5 times a day, they were pleasant and helpful. One even pointed to a young osprey on a pole that I would have totally missed.

The hotel has both an indoor and outdoor pool, gym and beautiful lobby. There's free breakfast, not wonderful, but great if you just want to get out the door and not spend a morning at a restaurant. They even have an "out the door" brown bag if you so desire, and great coffee. Can't ask for more.

2 Thank arlsan
HamptonInnCapeCod, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth, responded to this review, 4 February 2010
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your stay with us! Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response... I am just learning how to respond to our guests' reviews!

I also want to thank you for the Bass River suggestion! In all my years on the Cape, I've never been on this ride and am looking forward to it once the weather grows warm!

Your kind comments and reflections were a wonderful summary of your stay and your visit!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Great hotel, ideally located in the middle of the Cape, accessible to many places on the Cape. New hotel with friendly staff.

Stayed August 2009
Thank you for writing such kind words about our hotel!

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Cape Cod!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 September 2009

We visited Cape Cod for the first time from August 31 through September 4 and Hampton Inn was absolutely perfect since we wanted to stay in the Hilton family. The hotel just opened a few months ago and everything was sparkling clean. The staff was wonderful, we reserved a larger king size suite initially, but decided that it was a bit noisy for us, and they quickly switched us to a much quieter suite at the back of the hotel. The location of the hotel is perfect if you have a car, Hyannis is less than 5 minutes away, and you can take the ferry to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket; Provincetown is only about an hour away. There are many beaches nearby, Craigville beach is the nicest one close to the hotel, and the National seashore is about 45 minutes away with unbelievable beaches. You have to pay $15 for beach parking anywhere you go, but if you go after 5pm, it is free and you can observe the spectacular sunset. Seafood is simply heavenly, spectacular and reasonable. The only disappointment was the breakfast offerings. They seemed a little unorganized and the selection definitely reminded us more of dorm food than anything else. However, it's free, the coffee and toast were always fine.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us in August. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response, I just learned that we can send messages back to those who write us reviews.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed our new facilities!

We have made many improvements to our breakfast area. I accept complete responsibility for the unorganization during the summer months... I did not realize how many people we needed in breakfast until it was too late. I assure you that this year will not bring the same breakfast frustrations!

We hope to see you this summer!

Washington, DC
Reviewed 3 September 2009

We were looking for two spacious yet cost-effective hotel options in Cape Cod; since we were traveling with a senior and tweens, we wanted comfortable amenities, spacious beds and the right size of bedrooms at the right price. We ended up booking the standard room with two Queen beds and a Junior suite with a king-size bed and pull-out sofa. The Internet rates we were able to book fit our budget. The hotel is close to many local restaurants and to the sights and key tourist attractions in Hyannis and Hyannis Port. One day I drove to see Chatham; another day we drove to Falmouth for a day's trip in Martha's Vineyard. Hotel offered continental breakfast- though they only had one type of protein each day (they alternated eggs, sausages, etc. but did not offer the full variety). They had coffee, tea, hot chocolate and fruits like apples and oranges all day by the lobby area-- we loved that service. I wish the swimming pool operated later. Staff was very responsive to requests. Free WiFi!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us in July. I just found out I can respond to our TripAdvisor leads, so please accept my apologies for the delay in my response!

I couldn't agree more with your opinions of our location! It is a fantastic location to stay so you can make the most of your Cape Cod Getaway. Thank you for putting it into such kind words! I was also very happy to read that you found the hotel clean and spacious.

We have made many improvements to our breakfast. We now serve one type of eggs each day and a "side dish" such as turkey sausage, bacon, potatoes, sausage, etc. And, we still extend the free coffee and fruit 24 hours/day!

We will consider your suggestion with the pool hours while making desicions that impact the future of our hotel. They are greatly appreciated!

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Yarmouth
#3 of 9 in Chatham
SeaCoast Inn
SeaCoast Inn
#4 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth? Share your experiences!