Our stay at the Hunters Green Motel was motivated by a need to find a cheap-ish place to crash for a quick night in the high season of summer before heading on to Nantucket. If you find yourself in similar circumstances and in need of a budget motel, then this is a perfectly acceptable choice for you, but if you want any other frills, I might suggest looking elsewhere.
We recently made a trip to Nantucket and given that we'd be arriving in to Cape Cod just before midnight on a Thursday night, we decided to book one night in a hotel/motel close to where the ferry departed so we could get the first ferry in the morning. We opted for the Hunters Green Motel because it was the cheapest available option we could find in the Hyannis/West Yarmouth area with only 2-3 weeks' notice ($88 total for a Thursday night) and we knew we wouldn't be doing anything more than crashing before departing again (indeed, less than seven hours elapsed between our check in and check out).
I cannot speak to the amenities on offer by the hotel or even really say what the hotel looks like in broad daylight, but what we did see was enough for me to know that it's a very standard motel. I probably wouldn't recommend this location for a longer stay, unless you're in the situation where you're traveling with pets, as I bet your options are limited and I know this motel does have pet-friendly rooms. It was supremely easy to park and check-in. The host was quite nice and efficient, pointing out our room through the window. When my significant other went back about twenty minutes later to ask for insider tips on the morning ferry, the fellow was quite knowledgeable and helpful.
We stayed in the first floor room that was closest to the pool, which accounts for the chlorine smell, but the dampness in the room and in the carpeting was entirely due to the mini-fridge that had been dethawed and turned off, presumably to leak a bit. I kept my shoes on at all times while walking about anywhere in the room. The bed was incredibly firm and large but seemed clean, if not cozy. The bathroom was divided so the sink and mirror were tucked behind a partition but always open to the room while the shower/bath and toilet were in a separate, tiny space with a door that closed but had a strip of the faux wood paneling that had ripped away. The word "institutional" comes to mind. Not the best impression, but at least the bath, strip of plastic shower curtain, toilet, and sink appeared clean. Towels were small and scratchy but clean. Overall, these are budget motel rooms that could use updating.
Here's the thing -- we needed this room for a quick evening stop before moving on and this was easy to find, felt safe, and was relatively cheap. It's a motel and so it's what you'd expect, with slightly better hospitality. These rooms aren't meant for charming getaways; they're meant to be a place you sleep while spending your days elsewhere. It delivered on everything we needed, even if the dampness in the room was a definite negative. If we did this trip again in the exact same fashion, I'd be fine staying here again, though I'd probably check around other places to see if anything else was available for a comparable price. And we'd still make a point of checking out early for that first ferry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hunters Green Motel has been a family owned and operated facility for 45+ Years. We take pride in our friendly and attentive staff that make you feel right at home while you are enjoying Cape Cod. Our 74+ Guest rooms with a combination of King Bed or 2 Double Beds are designed to meet every family's needs. Our one of a kind pool is a must see where you can swim indoors as well as outdoors at the same time. Our in ground 10 Person Jacuzzi with massaging heads will help you unwind after your long day around Cape Cod. Hunters Green is located centrally in West Yarmouth on route 28 less than 2 miles from Seagull Beach, Englewood Beach and Bass River. Plenty of Bars, Restaurants, shopping are available in walking distance. Plenty of activities to keep kids entertained are also in walking distance including the Inflatable water park 0.2 miles away, Pirates cove Mini Golf, Ryan's bowling center and Arcade, Bumper Cars, Batting cages and plenty more. Hunters Green is centrally located to all your needs from children to adults. Call Hunters Green to plan your getaway to the beautiful Cape Cod. *Minimum check in age is 21. *Children over the age of 12 are considered adults. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hunters Green Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hunters Green Hotel West Yarmouth
- Hunters Green Motel Cape Cod/West Yarmouth, MA