When searching through Trip Advisor and various websites I soon found out that the weekend I wanted to go away was apparently a very busy one where almost every hotel I checked was top dollar and/or sold out! During one of my endless searches I came across the Mariner Motor Lodge. Now to be honest the name itself deterred me but when I saw the price I decided to research It alittle more. Although the pictures of the rooms looked outdated the indoor pool/Jacuzzi looked great! So as I started reading reviews about this place it was the hidden gem I had been searching for! so without hesitation I booked 2 rooms for our large group.
I called ahead and requested that my rooms be side by side and although they couldn't promise that would be the case the gentleman at the front desk said he would do his best. So as we checked in I obviously asked if our request had been made and the very nice girl at the counter smiled and said absolutely we have reserved both rooms side by side. The delight on our faces was priceless because of past experiences where hotels promise such things and then never deliver.
After we got our room keys and I forgot to mention we checked in an hour early with no problem we headed around the building to park our cars. As we got to the room we were really pleasantly surprised. They smelled great! no musty smell like some have stated (maybe the got themselves new air fresheners?) and the room was plenty spacious and clean! did I mention the room was CLEAN! its such an important factor. Also we called and asked for extra towels both days and they were brought up very fast with no issue.
The hotel is very convenient to everything you will ever need in the area. We were only there for 2 nights/3 days. Our first night we ate at Seafood Sams and had ice cream at the cape cod creamery. Both very good. the next morning we ate the Keltic Kitchen witch was hands down one of the best breakfasts Ive ever had in my life! and as we headed back to the hotel after the beach we stopped at Daggats Liqour store which had great deals on liquor and beer.
So now enough with the fabulous food and drinks we had and back to the hotel. Both nights we were there our group (which there were 13 total) enjoyed the indoor pool/Jacuzzi immensely! it was open till 12 which was a nice surprise and the security guy was very sweet when it was time to go.
So alas I have to give major props to the Mariner Motor Lodge for making our vacation a very memorable one. Some of the best memories we acquired were in the hotel and none of us could have asked for a better stay for the quality and the price!
We will definitely be staying there next time we are in Yarmouth!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mariner Motor Lodge is the closest hotel to Cape Cod's Sea Gull Beach and the green fairways of Bayberry Hills Golf Course. An easy walk to excellent restaurants, shopping and amusements. Take a short drive to Hyannis and Barnstable Harbor which offer whale watching tours, fishing excursions, and boat trips to the historic islands of Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard. At the Mariner Motor Lodge, you'll be in the heart of mid-Cape and will have a myriad of things to do that make Cape Cod a cherished vacation year round. Situated in West Yarmouth, this hotel is within a 10-minute walk of Cape Cod Inflatable Park and ZooQuarium. Pirate's Cove Mini Golf and Englewood Beach are also within 1 mile. Along with an indoor pool, this smoke-free hotel has a spa tub and a sauna. Free continental breakfast, free WiFi in public areas, and free self-parking are also provided. Additionally, coffee/tea in a common area, a seasonal outdoor pool, and conference rooms are onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mariner Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mariner Motor Hotel West Yarmouth
- Mariner Hotel West Yarmouth
- Mariner Motel West Yarmouth
- Mariner Motor Lodge Cape Cod/West Yarmouth, MA