I’ve stayed here for two nights during a three week vacation where I made several online reservations in a course of a couple of days before hitting the road. At check-in I’ve questioned the second floor room (they don’t have elevators) and was informed “When you book through a 3rd party you’re automatically allocated in the second floor” (nice!)
The moment I entered the room I began thinking what was my criteria for this selection and I remembered that Cape Cod was a place I had to select a hotel amongst the less worse and that’s never a good thing. This is a 90’s motel that hasn’t been objet of any remodeling since it opened. How can I be so certain? In your room you get the traditional and now prehistoric 29” Zenith tube TV and that vintage push button telephone you remember so well from 80’s movies. Everything is worn out and the bathtub was not only yellow but also not very clean. The mattresses (my room had two queen beds) I’m guessing are there since opening.
Chances are the main reason people say decent things about this hotel is the pool area, as not only it’s full all the time but I also now realized there’s more pictures of the pools than the rooms in the reviews, so this is probably a good place for big families as the kids have a big pool to stay in all day long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mariner Motor Lodge is the closest hotel to Cape Cod's Sea Gull Beach and the green fairways of Bayberry Hills Golf Course. An easy walk to excellent restaurants, shopping and amusements. Take a short drive to Hyannis and Barnstable Harbor which offer whale watching tours, fishing excursions, and boat trips to the historic islands of Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard. At the Mariner Motor Lodge, you'll be in the heart of mid-Cape and will have a myriad of things to do that make Cape Cod a cherished vacation year round. Situated in West Yarmouth, this hotel is within a 10-minute walk of Cape Cod Inflatable Park and ZooQuarium. Pirate's Cove Mini Golf and Englewood Beach are also within 1 mile. Along with an indoor pool, this smoke-free hotel has a spa tub and a sauna. Free continental breakfast, free WiFi in public areas, and free self-parking are also provided. Additionally, coffee/tea in a common area, a seasonal outdoor pool, and conference rooms are onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mariner Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mariner Motor Hotel West Yarmouth
- Mariner Hotel West Yarmouth
- Mariner Motel West Yarmouth
- Mariner Motor Lodge Cape Cod/West Yarmouth, MA