“Dirty linens.”

Mariner Motor Lodge
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have never posted a negative review before, but I felt that the most basic values of a hotel had been violated here. The hotel staff were so nice, that makes my review more difficult to write. We checked in late, exhausted from a full day of traveling. We went straight for bed. The sheets just didn't smell right. Thought it was just me. Woke up in the middle of the night and noticed dry blood on the pillow. I wasn't bleeding. When I moved the pillow off the bed, under it I discovered a child's undershirt that didn't belong to my kid. That's when it hit me that I was sleeping in sheets that had not been laundered.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank sussexnj

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at the Mariner Motor Lodge for 8 days in July. We love it there. It is our second time.

The rooms are very clean and the staff are very helpful and thoughtful. One day was not feeling well and the staff left us clean towels and other goodies on our door and did not interrupt us at all. We did not even have to ask for clean supplies.

The front desk is very helpful with suggestions of restaurants and directions. They go out of their way to make your stay great.

They have an indoor pool so when it rains you can go in there and an outdoor pool. Both very clean and good sizes.

The small 9 hole miniature golf is fun too for a little break and to get your game ready for the other big golf adventures which are very close by.

Mariner is 1 1/2 miles from Seagull beach. This is a very nice, clean, beach and does have a small snack bar and clean rest rooms. You can get a discount at the front desk on week days; $11.00. Weekends you may need to pay the full price at $15.00 per car. Some beaches you need to pay and some you will not. You can get a print out at the front desk with directions of nearby beaches..

Did not care for Salty's Pub restaurant across the street . The staff was not friendly and the food was so so. Captain Parker's is great. Go early because there is almost always a little wait. But they are very friendly and the bar is nice and does have a dart board. Indoor and outdoor seating with a small bar outside and outdoor fire pits. Yarmouth House is wonderful. Very nice inside and the food is great. I little more money but well worth it. Mike's Roast beef and Pizza is a great place to go and get take out or eat in. The roast beef is the best I have had in years. And the pizza wonderful. It is across the street from Dunkin Donuts.

Take the one day ferry trip to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. Great way to see both in one day. Long day but lots of fun. Martha's Vineyard was much more tourist friendly with restrooms available in a lot of places. Nancy's was a good place to eat and very reasonable.

Hope you have a great stay as we did. We will be going back either in the fall or next summer.

1  Thank Martha P
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I’ve stayed here for two nights during a three week vacation where I made several online reservations in a course of a couple of days before hitting the road. At check-in I’ve questioned the second floor room (they don’t have elevators) and was informed “When you book through a 3rd party you’re automatically allocated in the second floor” (nice!)

The moment I entered the room I began thinking what was my criteria for this selection and I remembered that Cape Cod was a place I had to select a hotel amongst the less worse and that’s never a good thing. This is a 90’s motel that hasn’t been objet of any remodeling since it opened. How can I be so certain? In your room you get the traditional and now prehistoric 29” Zenith tube TV and that vintage push button telephone you remember so well from 80’s movies. Everything is worn out and the bathtub was not only yellow but also not very clean. The mattresses (my room had two queen beds) I’m guessing are there since opening.

Chances are the main reason people say decent things about this hotel is the pool area, as not only it’s full all the time but I also now realized there’s more pictures of the pools than the rooms in the reviews, so this is probably a good place for big families as the kids have a big pool to stay in all day long.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms around the pool as its crowded all the time and try to get a room on the gr...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2014

A friend recommended we stay at The Mariner Motor Lodge in West Yarmouth. Fantastic recommendation. Close to everything. Lot's of restaurants, miniature golf, beaches, shopping, etc. The motel has both an indoor and outdoor pool. They also have a small miniature gold course. Very clean accommodations. Very nice staff.

1  Thank Lovetotravel8653
Reviewed 1 August 2014

First time staying at the Mariner July 29-31. Found the place to be very clean and staff to be friendly and couteous. We stayed in a basic room, that had a slider out to courtyard by the pool. Nice place to sit relax and have some coffee. Pools inside and out and hot tub were also clean and of good size. Mariner is also located next to many shops and restaurants. Also if you don't want to deal with RT 28 traffic you can walk to some good restaurants within a couple of minutes. Mariner is also only 1 mile from the beach.Has nice grounds and my wife and I used one of the grills and had an evening b-b-q picnic. Price is very reasonalbe for Cape Cod and I would not hesitate to return.

4  Thank StephenC274
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The Mariner Motor Lodge is the best value! Super-friendly staff, clean rooms, not 1 but 2 pools (indoor and outdoor, both heated!) a free 9-hole mini golf course, free 24 hour coffee/tea/ice and so so much more. But beyond all of that, it is the TIME and CARE the staff put into their jobs. The motel crew was always busy watering, fixing, painting etc. Just looking at the PAINT JOB on the mini-golf course and I knew these guys were serious about holding themselves to a higher standard. The motel's location is ideal. I hope they keep the rates family-affordable because we would like to return. Only minor suggestions needed for improvement: maybe the rooms are a tad dated, but I didn't drive to the cape to hole up in my room and nit-pick the decor. We too noticed Wi-Fi problems while we were there, but that is the least of my concerns. Maybe add a couple of cornhole lanes to the right of the golf course? cheap overhead (plywood and paint) to add even more value - guests could sign out bean bags for the game at the front desk. All in All a superb 2 nights! Keep up the great work!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2014

we've stayed here twice now and this hotel meets all our needs just great, rooms are clean, front desk is friendly and accommodating, location is central to just about everything. there's free coffee, an indoor pool, even a mini-golf area. families with younger children would find enough to keep the kids occupied here that they may not want to go anywhere else, although there are plenty of things to do with kids just a few blocks in either direction. from where we stayed in the back on the second floor, the Wi-Fi was pretty much unusable, I think their router can't handle the number of rooms accessing it? but you're on the cape, what are you doing staying in your room all the time? Would definitely recommend to people looking for a reasonably priced hotel that has actually been well maintained.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
#5 of 22 in Hyannis
All Seasons Resort
All Seasons Resort
#10 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Mariner Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!