“Decent basic accommodations”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Fairfield County, CT
“Decent basic accommodations”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We stayed one night on our way to Wellfleet. The non-smoking room was nice size, clean, (despite what other reviewers say). The staff was efficient and courteous. The main thing about this motel is the location and price. I'd stay again, but not for more than a night or two as it's right on busy Route 28.

Room Tip: Insist on non-smoking (unless you're a smoker).
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Westfield, MA
Reviewed 7 September 2011

There were many good things about this hotel, but not so good ones too. First the good - good location, only 10 minutes from Main Street Hyannis shops and restaurants and about 15 from Hyannis beaches and the ferries. Great WiFi. Nice indoor pool, pear shaped with the deep part being the larger, temp just right. They provide an average breakfast; cereal, coffee, minimuffins - and have a fridge and microwave in the room. Good sized room, good cable, clean, good beds. And the price is great - about $60 a night over a holiday weekend, including the "dog fee". Booking online is easy. The staff is helpful if you ask. They allow dogs, a plus on the Cape.
But...we didn't know about asking for a nonsmoking room when we booked so none were available when we checked in; the first room was very smelly, so we got one next to it that wasn't nearly so bad.. The hot tub that we were looking forward to was broken. The bathtub didn't drain well at all. We hurt ourselves on a metal part of the bedframe that stuck out. We stayed four days and the staff didn't change the sheets once, even when asked. I think they cater most to long-termers, so may change the sheets once a week. And the place is right on Rt. 28, a very busy road. Many hotels are on this road, but we found it impossible to turn left out the parking lot most of the time and had to turn right and turn around. We'll find places off the beaten path next time.

Room Tip: Ask for nonsmoking if you don't smoke, or you won't get one; there aren't that many nons...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Envirotraveller_59
Londonderry, New Hampshire
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The price was $89 per night and it was worth nothing more than that. I usually stay at the common hotel chains but I just needed to stay at the Cape one night, so I tried this motel. When we walked into room 129 on the upper floor, the first thing I was hit with was the smell. It was horrible. I don't know if that's because it's a "pet friendly" motel and perhaps pets were in there before us that urinated on the carpet? I can only guess. If we hadn't planned to just sleep there one night, I would have asked for a change in room. I figured if we ran the air conditioner the whole day while we were out, the smell would be gone when we came back. Wrong. We got back late and the smell was still there. The only good things I will say about the room is that it was roomy, not cramped at all, the TV worked, the shower had hot water, the bedding was clean and the front desk person was nice and did give me a small bottle of shampoo when I asked for one. He didn't have conditioner, however. Don't expect there to be a hair dryer, shampoo or any amenities in the basic bathroom. If the smell wasn't there and I just needed a place to crash for a night or two and planned on spending no time in the hotel room except to sleep, it was a good value for the price.

Room Tip: Don't take 129 because of the smell, and ask for another room if it smells when you walk in, it...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these West Yarmouth hotels

Rutland, Vermont
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Typically I stay in hotels when on vacation, but this was a last minute trip so we had to find something cheap and available because I needed a beach vacation this summer. So we decided to stay at this motel. It's not a bad place, nothing fancy but it is clean. And the area is safe and convienent for the Cape Cod attractions. For $73 a night what can you expect? And to whomever said there was no continental breakfast, there is one. It is from 8-10am and its in the big room in the back behind the ice machine. There is cereal, toast, coffee and juice.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mullady802
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We were very desperate for a hotel room and luckily found this hotel. All of the other reviews are correct, there are probably permanent residents that play loud music out of their cars and hang outside until 1 AM. However, the staff was very friendly and the rooms (from what we experienced) were very clean. We found the bathroom mold-free. Our dog was fine there, great pet friendly hotel in West Yarmouth. Great location, located just half a mile from downtown Hyannis. Check out Heavenly (turn right out of the hotel and it should but half a mile down the road) and it's a great place to eat.

Other than that, had a great time there. Only complaints are the noise and other guests. Happy traveling!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank avidrestauranter
Dennis, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 June 2011

dirty linens, dirty walls, a years worth of dead bugs in the bathroom light, Socket in Bathroom did not work, no microwave as requested, whirlpool did not work, ice machine is kept outside and totally manky. Mini fridge in room was rusted, room was only half painted, staples sticking out of wall cut my daughter, Mildew stains on some sort on blankets, to cheap to use a bottom sheet so bed never stayed made. Staff was very unprofessional, witenessed them verbally berating someone not sure if it was guests or workers at the pool in front of my kids, Was locked out of room a day early, one can only assume for finally registering complaints with management, pubilc area is littered with cigarette butts, room was suppossed to be non smoking but it was clearly used as a smoking room burn marks in furniture and all over the rubbish bin outside room...

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Capecod529
Southeastern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 June 2011

When you go to Cape Cod off season you expect a few drawbacks so the pool being closed to us was not really a huge issue.
What did bother me was that even though the website SAYS a continental breakfast is provided with no date restrictions given there was no food.
The site and the guide at the motel both site 7 AM as the time for breakfast to start there was no availability as the office did not open until 8 AM. So what was supposed to be a nice little perk to start the day off right was not available. Do I have to mention that this added $20. per day to the cost of our stay.
There are no towel bars in the bathroom, the TV had very few channels, the lighting in the unit was poor so that there was no way to read or do my knitting.
It had been 4 or 5 years since I had been to this motel, it will be well into my next life before I return.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
#3 of 22 in Hyannis
Heritage House Hotel
Heritage House Hotel
#17 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area? Share your experiences!