“Great deal !!”

Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

If you want to a have decent stay and save money, its a good deal with all the basic facilities , its a very comfortable place with breakfast and indoor swimming pool. Great vacation place . I will go back again !

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank ruthorange

Reviewed 2 October 2011

I booked early and got a great rate. The room was clean. The bed was very comfortable. The Wi-fi connection worked great. The bathroom had ceramic tile and was very clean. The rooms are sheltered from the street so you don't hear much street noise. The AC worked fine. It was a very good value for what I paid.

1  Thank Mary S
Reviewed 25 September 2011

the location and staff were good if not a little overly attentive to my daughter.the pool wasgood clean and a good temp. we thought we were lucky as the room my 3 daughters and grand dtr were sharing had a fold out couch.the mattress on this was so dirty that no one could sleep on it and no linen was provided. the sheet on one of the beds was crusted with a reddish brown substance on it.staff did changethe linen when asked. we were informed that the owner had just bought the hotel 3 months ago and usually did not use the rooms we occupied. ther was certainly enough construction noises to support that renovations were going on. the breakfast was stale and practically non existant.I would suggest waiting until after renovations are complewte prior to giving it a second chance.

Room Tip: bring your own toiletries
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jam123589
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We stayed one night on our way to Wellfleet. The non-smoking room was nice size, clean, (despite what other reviewers say). The staff was efficient and courteous. The main thing about this motel is the location and price. I'd stay again, but not for more than a night or two as it's right on busy Route 28.

Room Tip: Insist on non-smoking (unless you're a smoker).
Reviewed 7 September 2011

There were many good things about this hotel, but not so good ones too. First the good - good location, only 10 minutes from Main Street Hyannis shops and restaurants and about 15 from Hyannis beaches and the ferries. Great WiFi. Nice indoor pool, pear shaped with the deep part being the larger, temp just right. They provide an average breakfast; cereal, coffee, minimuffins - and have a fridge and microwave in the room. Good sized room, good cable, clean, good beds. And the price is great - about $60 a night over a holiday weekend, including the "dog fee". Booking online is easy. The staff is helpful if you ask. They allow dogs, a plus on the Cape.
But...we didn't know about asking for a nonsmoking room when we booked so none were available when we checked in; the first room was very smelly, so we got one next to it that wasn't nearly so bad.. The hot tub that we were looking forward to was broken. The bathtub didn't drain well at all. We hurt ourselves on a metal part of the bedframe that stuck out. We stayed four days and the staff didn't change the sheets once, even when asked. I think they cater most to long-termers, so may change the sheets once a week. And the place is right on Rt. 28, a very busy road. Many hotels are on this road, but we found it impossible to turn left out the parking lot most of the time and had to turn right and turn around. We'll find places off the beaten path next time.

Room Tip: Ask for nonsmoking if you don't smoke, or you won't get one; there aren't that many nons...
2  Thank Envirotraveller_59
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The price was $89 per night and it was worth nothing more than that. I usually stay at the common hotel chains but I just needed to stay at the Cape one night, so I tried this motel. When we walked into room 129 on the upper floor, the first thing I was hit with was the smell. It was horrible. I don't know if that's because it's a "pet friendly" motel and perhaps pets were in there before us that urinated on the carpet? I can only guess. If we hadn't planned to just sleep there one night, I would have asked for a change in room. I figured if we ran the air conditioner the whole day while we were out, the smell would be gone when we came back. Wrong. We got back late and the smell was still there. The only good things I will say about the room is that it was roomy, not cramped at all, the TV worked, the shower had hot water, the bedding was clean and the front desk person was nice and did give me a small bottle of shampoo when I asked for one. He didn't have conditioner, however. Don't expect there to be a hair dryer, shampoo or any amenities in the basic bathroom. If the smell wasn't there and I just needed a place to crash for a night or two and planned on spending no time in the hotel room except to sleep, it was a good value for the price.

Room Tip: Don't take 129 because of the smell, and ask for another room if it smells when you walk in, it...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Typically I stay in hotels when on vacation, but this was a last minute trip so we had to find something cheap and available because I needed a beach vacation this summer. So we decided to stay at this motel. It's not a bad place, nothing fancy but it is clean. And the area is safe and convienent for the Cape Cod attractions. For $73 a night what can you expect? And to whomever said there was no continental breakfast, there is one. It is from 8-10am and its in the big room in the back behind the ice machine. There is cereal, toast, coffee and juice.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family