“bed bugs, etc” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Norwich, Connecticut
“bed bugs, etc”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed here in mid September 2013. Room 106. The day I was due to leave I began to notice bug bites, that I attribute to bed bugs on me. They were on my arms and legs, in a linear pattern. Also, when I checked in I found that the bed had not been redone since the last guest.....and by then it was very late. Later the mgr. mentioned the summer help may not have changed out the room.
During my stay the room was not refreshed one day, and I was told it must be because I had a do not disturb sign...which was not the case. The room looked like it had been updated, but done in a sloppy manner. AVOID...........

Room Tip: Please stay away. I haven't unpacked my suitcase yet......thankfully I kept it on the luggage r...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Springfield Ma.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

My first mistake was letting my roomate make the reservations for this place. Secondly when we arrived we were given a room that smelled so bad we sprayed it down with fragerance we had with us and left hoping that when we returned, it would be better. Two hours later when we got back to the room it did not smell any better. We asked for another room and were granted the request. The second room did not smell as bad but was just as dirty as the first and because it was so late we just decided to lay down on the beds and get what sleep we could. That didn't last long as there was constant noise from cars, people laughing and dogs barking outside our room that went on until past 2am. In the morning we just got up and left as we didn't want to shower or use any of the facilities because the place was so filthy dirty. There wasn't anyone at the front desk when we left so we couldn't communicate our dissatisfaction with anyone thus I am writing this review hoping to help other people avoid a similar extremely bad experience like the one that we had. This place really is a very bad experience!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank drcmax

Travellers are raving about these West Yarmouth hotels

Adams, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stayed here and it was the worst place I have ever stayed at. After the first night I noticed blood on the sheets and called the office. A couple of days later all of us including my 3 month old son got an awful rash all over. I called the board of health and gave them the room number. They later told me they shut the room down. I called and asked for a refund and they refused. Do not stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank tina k
Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

I had stayed here in the past and thought it would be a good place for a one-night stay on the way to Truro. I'll start with the good: we arrived late and management stayed up to check us in- I thought that was helfpul. Breakfast was not bad- cereal, muffins, and bagels. The location was convenient.
The bad: the room was dirty, dirty, dirty. There was a dead bug on the telephone- that was the first sign. There was a blood stain on the bed sheets, but by the time we noticed it it was too late for housekeeping to come so we had improvise. There was also some sort of fece on one of the chairs- whether it was mouse or otherwise I am not sure.
Needless to say, I don't think I will be staying there again. For the price I paid, I expect some level of cleanliness.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank episarski
Cranbury, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

The worst place we have ever stayed. Pictures look nothing like the place. Old, run down and dirty. Place needs to be closed up, and completely redone. Rooms are small, toilet seat stained, we had to wash it, and wash the bath tub, before we could shower. I am all bitten up from the mosquitos. I would never recommend this place to anyone. I cannot give this place any rating, as there is nothing on the list that is less than zero.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Franny36
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

I had gone to CapeCod first time with my friends.
We stayed in this motel, looked very convenient to all the places and decent.
We had a great three nights stay comfortably with good service by the staff. very courteous, Clean rooms, free break fast , cable TV,...
Nice swimming pool. lots of car park.. close to all the restaurants and game place.
Me and friends liked it very much. we will go to stay there again when we go to Cape Cod.
Very affordable room rent.
Keep up the good work American Host !!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank koushik r
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

If you want to a have decent stay and save money, its a good deal with all the basic facilities , its a very comfortable place with breakfast and indoor swimming pool. Great vacation place . I will go back again !

• Stayed May 2012
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,237 reviews
Hyannis Travel Inn
Hyannis Travel Inn
#5 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area? Share your experiences!