“Days Inn renovated and reopened what used to be American Host. Placeholder.”

Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Days Inn bought the American Host, renovated it, and reopened it Memorial Day 2014.
Previous reviews are only for the old motel on Trip Advisor. We are taking a chance (and a great deal!) on it this weekend, and will report back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Spam W

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I drove here from NY. I saw the pictures of the hotel online and it looked clean. I got there with my elderly dad and when I saw the rooms almost fell over!!!! The wallpaper was falling off the walls, the walls were cracked and the room was dirty. This was after the cleaning person had left it. I don't understand how they are still in business !!!!! It was awful. DIrty!!!
Don't stay here. I doesn't deserve a rating!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are filthy. Owner doesn't care that his hotel is a pig hole.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
devang42471, General Manager at Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2015

"As they say its better late than never". Firstly let me apologize for your uncomfortable stay at the here and secondly for the lengthy delay in responding to your review.

As the new general manager of this property cleanliness and satisfaction is our number one aim. The Days Inn in West Yarmouth was recently renovated and we put in new furniture including mattress in every rooms, please visit our website to see our new product. Once again please let me apologize for your uncomfortable stay that you had 3 years ago.

Management
Devang

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed here a week. Room was clean. Older motel. Continental breakfast was a joke. There was no where to sit to eat it. My main problem was some one took a bag of plates and things we had as we ate in our room a lot. We asked the management about it and no one would admit to taking it. Nothing was done about it either. There was a ref. in the room but no microwave. We also had an incident with some one trying to get into our room at 2 a.m. one morning. My husband shouted who is it but they left. I think it was a drunk. This place looks like it has permanent residents also. Would not stay here again because of trust issues. There was also an issue the last day with our room key not working had to have it fixed twice.

Room Tip: We stayed at the end of the season so it wasn't real crowded but honestly I wouldn't recomme...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed here in mid September 2013. Room 106. The day I was due to leave I began to notice bug bites, that I attribute to bed bugs on me. They were on my arms and legs, in a linear pattern. Also, when I checked in I found that the bed had not been redone since the last guest.....and by then it was very late. Later the mgr. mentioned the summer help may not have changed out the room.
During my stay the room was not refreshed one day, and I was told it must be because I had a do not disturb sign...which was not the case. The room looked like it had been updated, but done in a sloppy manner. AVOID...........

Room Tip: Please stay away. I haven't unpacked my suitcase yet......thankfully I kept it on the luggage r...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My first mistake was letting my roomate make the reservations for this place. Secondly when we arrived we were given a room that smelled so bad we sprayed it down with fragerance we had with us and left hoping that when we returned, it would be better. Two hours later when we got back to the room it did not smell any better. We asked for another room and were granted the request. The second room did not smell as bad but was just as dirty as the first and because it was so late we just decided to lay down on the beds and get what sleep we could. That didn't last long as there was constant noise from cars, people laughing and dogs barking outside our room that went on until past 2am. In the morning we just got up and left as we didn't want to shower or use any of the facilities because the place was so filthy dirty. There wasn't anyone at the front desk when we left so we couldn't communicate our dissatisfaction with anyone thus I am writing this review hoping to help other people avoid a similar extremely bad experience like the one that we had. This place really is a very bad experience!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank drcmax
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stayed here and it was the worst place I have ever stayed at. After the first night I noticed blood on the sheets and called the office. A couple of days later all of us including my 3 month old son got an awful rash all over. I called the board of health and gave them the room number. They later told me they shut the room down. I called and asked for a refund and they refused. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank tina k
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I had stayed here in the past and thought it would be a good place for a one-night stay on the way to Truro. I'll start with the good: we arrived late and management stayed up to check us in- I thought that was helfpul. Breakfast was not bad- cereal, muffins, and bagels. The location was convenient.
The bad: the room was dirty, dirty, dirty. There was a dead bug on the telephone- that was the first sign. There was a blood stain on the bed sheets, but by the time we noticed it it was too late for housekeeping to come so we had improvise. There was also some sort of fece on one of the chairs- whether it was mouse or otherwise I am not sure.
Needless to say, I don't think I will be staying there again. For the price I paid, I expect some level of cleanliness.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Travelodge West Yarmouth Cape Cod
Yarmouth Resort
Yarmouth Resort
#5 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Days Inn West Yarmouth/Hyannis Cape Cod Area? Share your experiences!