“Our new favorite!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Hamden, Connecticut
“Our new favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This year was our first time staying at the Yarmouth Resort and we were very pleased with our room and the overall atmosphere of the hotel. First of all, our room was immaculately clean and it was one of the rooms that had been completely revamped, it had beautiful decorations and was just such a treat to stay in. We picked the Yarmouth Resort because it had a gym, and the gym was decent. For the more fitness experienced, they may want to purchase heavier dumbbells but I do admit that the gym has all of the basic essentials that one would want if they want to exercise at a normal pace during their trip. The outdoor and indoor pool w/ hot tub were great, as well. The only issue I had was that on our last night a family with a lot of toddler-aged children were in the hot tub/pool at 10:30 pm. I wish that Yarmouth Resort had an adult only final hour at the indoor pool for the couples and more mature ages to enjoy. Overall, our stay was beyond our expectations - we had a great time even though we didn't have the best weather, and that is all thanks to the great service and atmosphere provided by the Yarmouth Resort. We will definitely be back again! Thank you, Yarmouth Resort! From Morgan & Rob

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom floor can be a tad noisy at times, it did not bother us very much, though. Those...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MorganAndRob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Yarmouth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I booked this room on a website. When I arrived the check in, the staff was reasonable. The attendant gave me directions to room 148 but the keys to 142. When I went to exchange the key they informed me I was only booked for a single bed event though I specifically reserved a room with 2 beds and a kitchenette. They made the change, with a bit of an annoyed with me attitude, but the room they "upgraded" us to smelled like the most disgusting wet basement I've ever been in!!! I mean horrible! Then we used the bathroom and washed our hands and couldn't get the sink to drain. My husband went to the front desk to tell them we would not be staying at their disgusting hotel and without hesitation, the front desk clerk asked if we'd like to try a drier room. Really? If you KNOW the room is damp and have dry rooms available why would you subject a guest to that dampness???? Mortified. They refunded our money and we went where we should have started-- Cape Point hotel!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Jacquesjewel
tt1000, General Manager at Yarmouth Resort, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Here at the Yarmouth Resort we do our best to satisfy every guest that visits the hotel. When reserving a room on line with a bargain oriented 3rd party agent as it is indicated in the opening remarks , economy and value are often the primary considerations. Our guest rooms offer a variety of price points and room types based on the nature of our Condo/Hotel. In the summer season here on Cape Cod, demand is high and last minute reservations don't always fulfill the expectations of everyone especially when seeking the most economical accommodations. We are pleased that a nearby hotel which you had indicated that you had always preferred was able to get you in. Sometimes when we are doing our best to satisfy the needs of our guests we may verbalize a statement or phrase that in hindsight may be interpreted as insensitive when our goal is to rectify a problem as quickly as possible. Our staff may sympathize with a guest that needs to make a change that works for them and may echo the verbiage utilized by a guest to empathize regarding the situation. In this situation a refund was considered to be the best solution.

Travellers are raving about these West Yarmouth hotels

Monticello, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

upon arriving in this resort/condo, they advertised free wi-fi, they fell to mentioned that wi-fi worked in certain area of the hotel. I had two kids who loves their Wi-Fi when not swimming or other activities. I went to the desk and asked about the Wi-Fi they still didn't say anything about it working in different area of the hotel, the maintenance man mention that to us. by morning I went to the desk and spoke with Sylvie C. Moore very nice lady, patient and very understanding, not only did she change our room, she put us in a condo which was very nice, spacious with a kitchenette. I definitely will go back there as long as she is there, fresh coffee etc. by the way the hotel is very clean, great location and very economic for all. if going on vacation in the cape call Sylvie first, price is excellent!(508)775-5155

Room Tip: Ask for Sylvie C.Moore general manager
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank yanick29
tt1000, General Manager at Yarmouth Resort, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for the kind words. We at the Yarmouth Resort, continue to strive to create great vacation memories and happy guests who return for future visits! See you next time.
Hartford, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed here last year and had a terrible experience. ..we own at the Cove but it was booked so my husband booked here again because everywhere else was booked...I didn't find out until the night before our trip so I call the hotel to let them know ahead that we needed a nice and clean room only to find out that as we arrived they had us a the same old smelly room...I was too upset. ..they showed us 3 rooms...3rd one was a bit better but we was told that we had to switch ones in two days because the owners of the rm was coming. .the rm was still outdated, stains on the blankets and dirty towels in the bathroom, totally nasty...we asked why the rms are so old and was told that is the owners responsibility to keep with the upkeep and and updates....I didn't believe it...so why rent it to the public? Didn't make sense...all I know I would never stay here again or recommend this to anyone. ..they do have some decent rms but you won't get it unless to make a fuss about. .this is not a resort quality. ..more like a motel...

6 Thank Bia200
We notice that this review was in regard to a visit last year when "everyone else was booked". As owners at the "Cove" which is practically next door, we are surprised that you may not have been familiar with our property. Our service staff apparently was courteously showing you what may have been available from our owners and given the circumstances of the situation it seems that this review is based on "facts" from a "review" from someone who did not actually stay here.
Mills River, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

There was a squished dead spider on the wall just over the bed, I didn't want to make an issue so I cleaned it myself but when we pulled the blankets down to discover small slimy globs which resembled boogers on the pillow case (yes boogers ), I marched down to the lobby only to find a locked door. Really?? If this is a resort I'm Princess Di.

Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Ilovelucy417
We apologize for any lapse in our cleaning standards, as always our service staff is available to "make it right". As noted "Resort" may be different connotations to different people. Here at Yarmouth Resort our goal is to provide a quality product at an economical price, in the Mid cape area central to all Cape Cod has to offer. For most of our Condo owners the property is a resort away from their primary home and we endeavor to satisfy all of our guests by providing the same values and services at a budget oriented price.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I booked this room on a lodging site after reading the reviews. It was a low price for the cape cod yarmouth area but I was a bit disappointed when I got in the room. It was a lot more outdated than I had expected.

The room was clean enough but the bathroom floor was a little dingy so I wore my sandals while in the room.

There was a little fridge and table so was ideal if you had some snacks while staying. But no microwave to heat food.

The bed was comfortable but not firm. I would probably not stay in this area again when I travel to the cape. I would pay more money to be closer to the ocean.

There was an indoor pool and outdoor pool - and fitness area with weights at a few stairmasters and treadmill.

The staff was friendly enough, no breakfast included.
I give it 2.5 stars out of 5. Plenty of nice restaurants nearby which was nice. But I had to drive quite a distance to get to a nice beach area and shopping.

1 Thank Ccspicy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We spent three nights at Yarmouth and were sad to leave. The staff were friendly and helpful. They gladly gave us things to clean up our car which was attacked by seagulls while at the beach. Catherine and Giedre at the front desk were wonderful to share local info and quite amused by our southern accents. The pool was warm and clean. We used it daily. The room decor is a bit outdated but VERY clean. The hallways are certainly scented with a friendly cinnamon and vanilla scent that gives the place a homey feel. We loved the porch off our room and spent a lot of time there. House keeping was excellent and the bathrooms are quite large with two shower heads. Loved that! If we visit the cape again, without a doubt we are staying here. It suited us perfectly.

• Stayed June 2014
#10 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Tidewater Inn
Tidewater Inn
#13 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Yarmouth Resort? Share your experiences!