“Good non lobster food”

Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
New York City, New York
“Good non lobster food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a very good choice if you would like a change from the typical lobster/fried seafood fare on the Cape. The food is fresh, service is excellent, and prices are very reasonable. Don't let the shabby stores around it scare you away. Its well worth a visit.

• Visited June 2014

Easton, Massachusetts
“great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Excellent food; ordered takeout; Tony very accomadating. best Thai food on the Cape. Excellent menu; easy parking.

Visited June 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
“Tom Yum... Just What the Doctor Ordered”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

So we realize that eating Thai food is probably not the touristy Cape Cod thing to do. However, the reviews were so good, we had to try it. Since the seasonal allergens in Cape Cod were blowing wildly,bronchitis had set into my throat. So, we ordered and shared Tom Yum soup with chicken (3 out of 4 spicy), Chicken Satay, and Hot Beef Platter (3 out of 4 spicy).
The Tom Yum soup was YUM (pun intended). Seriously, it was the best Tom Yum soup I've ever had, and I eat Thai food often at various locations. The crispness of the lime juice in it was exceptional. The Chicken Satay was so tender and moist, it was better without the peanut dipping sauce. The Hot Beef Platter was substantial and flavorful. For those who like it spicy, it was the perfect heat at 3.
If you begin to tire of the tourist staples of fried clams, a clambake, or New England Clam Chowder (no better place to get it than Cape Cod, but you might want something different), Basil Thai Cuisine is excellent! We ordered it to go and then ordered another large container of Tom Yum Soup to go the next day. The owner took our order both times and he was very attentive!

• Visited April 2014
Hyannis, Massachusetts
“Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Four of us ate at the Basil Thai restaurant on a week day night. We did not have much time because we were on our way to a concert.so hoped the service would be prompt. The restaurant is a little hole in the wall on the main drag without good views, but one you step inside you are welcomed with a very inviting, cozy atmosphere. There is an extensive menu that is very reasonable. The staff was polite, helpful and knowledgable. The food cam quickly and steaming hot. They do not have a liquor license but allow you to bring your own beer or wine.
I would recommend it for authentic Thai food at a reasonable price

• Visited March 2014
Hyannis, Massachusetts
“Great Customer Service is Making a Come-back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My family and I are driving through Yarmouth on a cool but sunny winter afternoon with an ultimate destination, but each of us knows we're going to choose someplace to stop for lunch. I look over at this restaurant often whenever I'm in the area but have never made it my business to go in and check it out. Well, that day everything changed. I decided to stop and get a menu while we continued on our drive. I received such a welcoming greeting from the man at the counter I felt bad just asking for the menu. I told him however that I would be back. The atmosphere in this place is so clean and inviting I knew right then what I was going to have for lunch. We returned and the man at the counter said thank you when I walked in. At that moment, my faith in the return of good customer service was restored. We ordered and he was careful to make sure he got everything we wanted correct. We selected from and received the lunch special pricing which is highly desirable under my family budget. My husband has been a cook for the better part of his adult life so he watched what was going on in the kitchen and he was certainly impressed. He said it was very clean and efficiently run. The counter agent took very good care of us. We took our meal to go and as we anticipated, the meal was superior to other Asian meals we've had in the surrounding area. My nine year old was fighting us for the Thai wings appetizer! Needless to say, we're headed back sometime soon.

• Visited February 2014