“Best vacation ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Malden, Massachusetts
“Best vacation ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

My husband and my 8-year-old son just spent April vacation, and it was our first time here. Activities were well planned and managed for the children, and they ranged from toddlers to teenagers. Facility was clean, and the rooms were spotless. We could not find one staff member who was not smiling & helpful. Indoor pool, arcade, pizza parties, make-your-own sundaes, kid karaoke...can't say enough. We did not visit the lounge, but happy hour 7-9 mightly with free hors'derves for the parents. Board games were available at the front desk to check out, which was a nice activity as well. We will be returning this summer, and definately for next year's school vaction!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Team_Meola

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
West Harwich, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

We loved this hotel! We went over school vacation week with our girls and my brother brought his boys. The hotel is clean and the staff is personable, attentive and professional. They had tons of activities for kids like a scavenger hunt, breakfast with Spongebob, karaoke, Wii games, face painiting and that was only during my 2 day stay! Great hospitality area with complementary continental breakfast, which offered a lot of food! The kids used the indoor pool and we hope to get back in the summer so we can enjoy the outdoor pool:)

If you have kids, you should stay there!

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view room it overlooks Louis Bay
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Lindagirl1
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2011

I brought my wife and two young children for an Easter weekend getaway. I was not aware that a block of rooms nearby were taken by a group that wanted to get drunk and party all night. We tried to ignore the noise but after midnight, my wife asked the group to keep the noise down. They got louder. After two more tries, we contacted the front desk. The night manager stopped by for about a minute asking the group to quiet down. As soon as he left, the drunken mob was angry at us and started slamming into our door. When my wife opened the door to complain, they started to push her around. As soon as I stepped out of the door to help my wife, I was beaten by this drunken mob as my children in the room were terrified. My eye glasses were punched into my face causing me to bleed profusely. I was beaten and kicked as I lay on the hallway floor. My wife also has bruises all over her body. A couple across the hall called the police, but the damage was already done. When the police arrived, the attackers scattered. Some were in rooms on our floor while others were not even guests of the hotel. There are no cameras, no security and a night manager who would rather not get involved. The management told me that there was nothing that they can do because they have no way of knowing who was at fault. Unbelievable. My face is cut up, my wife is bruised and my children are traumatized. Good place if you want to party all night long. Bad place to bring a family. Bottom line; the Bayside Resort Hotel was the worst hotel experience of my life.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else
Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank Dan4242011
GM-BaysideResort, General Manager at Bayside Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2011
We are so sorry about this incident. The guests you are referring to will not be allowed to return. We pride ourselves in providing a safe and family friendly environment for all of our guests, and have never had an incident like this. If there is anything we can do to assist you in any legal action, please contact us directly.
Alton, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2011

My husband and I were given a Gift Card for this resort, so were not sure what to expect when we arrived. Found that the resort looked exactly like the pictures in the brochure, and that is unusual! It was very clean, nice indoor pool (didn't use outdoor pool due to it being April=cold), good location right off Rt. 28. It was a drive to the beach, but they had a nice sitting area with chairs and a firepit in the back which overlooked a marsh area, very pretty and relaxing. Plenty of parking, refrig in the rooms - a must! and they had temperature controlled heating/cooling, which always makes a visit more comfortable. Since it was off season, there were not alot of people there, and my concern would be noise if it was high season, but cannot speak to that directly. Overall a great trip - thanks!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Foxboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2011

We thouroughly enjoyed our stay and play package. The room was as clean as could be and we were lucky to have a view of the bay. The bed was comfortable and the cleaning staff were excellant. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is great as you can walk to a number of restaurants. We definitely plan to come back and hopefully extend our stay. We have stayed at a number of resorts at the cape and this rates right up there with the best.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

I just wanted to right and say what a great time we had at your resort. 7 friends and I stayed for 2 nights at your resort for a golf tournament in the area. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the hotel itself was very fun. We took advantage of the bar, pool and Jacuzzi during our stay. The environment was laid back and relaxing all of us were happy with the choice to stay at your resort. Dave the bartender went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed ourselves while we were at the bar. We will be back again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Peterborough, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2011

If you need a reasonably priced, comfortable get-away, Bayside is the place to go! Comfortable rooms, pleasant staff (must be a good place to work because the staff remains the same visit after visit), close to beaches and shopping with the best "continental" breakfast ever. No dried up pastries here! Fresh fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereal, and make your own waffles. MMMMMmmm! This is our off-season destination and we continue to return to Bayside. Give it a try and I am sure you will enjoy your stay!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Green Harbor on the Ocean
Green Harbor on the Ocean
#3 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Cape Codder Resort & Spa

Been to Bayside Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!