“would have easily been 4 stars....”

Bayside Resort Hotel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston
“would have easily been 4 stars....”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We've been to the Cape numerous times and typically stay at Riveria Beach - Red Jacket and The Breakers. I came across the Bayside because the price was great and location was where we wanted to be for this stay.

The good:
Staff: Incredible. From reservations to front desk to housekeeping and the grounds people were great. They all were warm and friendly. A special thanks to Tierney at the front desk who tolerated my kids with a smile every time my kids found an excuse to go to the front desk.

Grounds: This place definitely spends a lot of time and money on landscaping. They do a beautiful job and you can tell they take pride in their work. It really makes a great impression.

Pool: Very nice looking and cute set up. However way to small for the number of rooms. We never saw anyone using the volleyball net.. They should expand the pool and make the volleyball area smaller. Maybe a kids spray park? Would be a huge hit with the all the kids there. The pool was very clean and had nice chairs and umbrellas. The only negative is that there are no bathrooms in the pool area.

Breakfast: It was better than expected. Large variety. We loved the waffle machines. Definitely better than most places we’ve stayed and a great value with kids.

Room: We were on the first floor in the building near the road. It was not a problem for us because we went beginning of season when congestion is low and my kids get up at the crack of dawn. But you can definitely hear the traffic noise and by seven a.m. it is pretty loud. Again, not a problem for us but may bother others. We found the beds to be comfortable and had very nice TV.

The not so great:

When you enter the building there is a strong odor. We all noticed it. It almost smelled like kitty litter. It never got worse or better.

Our room had a very nice appearance and attractive bedding. It appeared to be extra clean and the bathroom was spotless. We were impressed except for the smell. The room had a very different strong smell. Almost a floral smell of some kind, it was over powering. It may have been the cleaners that they used but it was way too strong.

We had a problem with the fridge. We could not get it to work so we called the front desk. They came within a half hour and the man was so nice and apologetic. He got it working and left. We did not touch it in fear that we would mess it up. At three A.M. we heard a loud explosion. The soda cans in the fridge exploded and made a huge mess besides waking us. When we explained what happened to the front desk during checkout they did not offer to replace any of the food and drinks that were ruined. Not a big deal…just would have been a nice gesture.

When we were getting ready to leave we did the last look over of the room to make sure we had not forgotten anything. Unfortunately we found under one of the beds a rotten apple and ketchup packets from McDonalds. We did not go to McDonalds and my kids don’t eat apples so I know it was from the previous guests. Have to admit I’m a little grossed out now. I mentioned it at check out but all she said was Thank You for letting them know. She was very nice but that’s it!

I received an online survey asking about our stay when we got home and I explained all of the above and I still have heard nothing. Why ask if your not going to read the survey/ questionnaires?

Would I stay again? Probably. I am very picky and thought the place was pretty good for the money. Would love for them to do something about the odors and make sure there is no old food under the beds. I would have given 4 stars if I had gotten some kind of response.

Room Tip: If you need to sleep late don't get a room on the road side.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
CorbyJo, Front Office Manager at Bayside Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Thank you for your comments. I apologize that you did not get a response from your email.
We pride ourselves on answering all guest emails. Unfortunately due to a email problem,
many were lost. I assume yours was one of those.

Your comments have been brought to the attention of our housekeeping and front desk staff.

I would like the opportunity to speak with you and also find out the date and room you stayed in. I can be reached at 1-800-243-1114 or by email at c.johnson@baysideresort.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Corby Johnson
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This is my third year going to Bayside. Great place for kids and adults. Nice breakfast included so no need to shuffle kids out early to restaurants before heading to the beach Fun outdoor and indoor pools.

• Stayed July 2012
Rutland, Massachusetts

Cliff & Linda
We have visited Bayside several times over the past 10 years and return because it offers all we need. We enjoy very much the pools (inside & out), the continental breakfast and the Bay beach area is like being at the beach without leaving the Hotel. Many of our interests are close by and Main St. Hyannis is just down the road. Also ocean sight-seeing is not far away! Good service, good people at Bayside makes our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We had a great time. The staff was wonderful. The rooms were clean and the pools were beautiful. We loved the small beach area and breakfast was a plus. We would definitely come back here and recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Jasjulesmom
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stayed at this resort June 23-25th and we thought it was great! We were not in the room a lot (we went to Provincetown one day and Nantucket the next), however, the pool looked nice and there was a really nice outdoor area to sit and relax. There was a fire pit but I am not sure when they light it. The room was always clean and we had no complaints except that the walls were thing and it could get a little noisy at night. The free breakfast was standard, nothing too exciting but it is what you expect from a continental breakfast. The location was perfect, it was very close to the ports in Hyannis and about 45 minutes from Provincetown. I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa D
Norwood
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My family had such a great time at the Bayside Resort Hotel! We spent all day at the outdoor pool and bar. The bartender was especially nice. Breakfast is a continental breakfast with PLENTY of food for everyone. At night time we enjoyed the indoor pool and indoor bar. This place has everything! You are close to all the local restaurants/attractions and beaches so if you have your typical summer traffic jams.....you have the option to walk! We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the rooms that viewed the water!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Denise K
Troy, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I had stayed at the Bayside last summer with my two daughters, found it delightful and therefore my husband and I accompanied another couple for a weekend birthday celebration getaway. Our first surprise upon arrival was the fact that even though we had made reservations months in advance our room was located quite close to the motel lobby and across from the the two vending machines which attracted quite a bit of noisy stomping, running children throughout our stay. Second surprise was that the grill area at the tiki bar was removed due to "health regulations". Food can be ordered and brought in from a pub down the road but left something to be desired in the time from prep to delivery. The inside bar was very nice but could use some weekend entertainment of some sort. I do not recommend this resort for couples looking for relaxation.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Blue Water on the Ocean
Blue Water on the Ocean
#5 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Bayside Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!