We've been to the Cape numerous times and typically stay at Riveria Beach - Red Jacket and The Breakers. I came across the Bayside because the price was great and location was where we wanted to be for this stay.
Staff: Incredible. From reservations to front desk to housekeeping and the grounds people were great. They all were warm and friendly. A special thanks to Tierney at the front desk who tolerated my kids with a smile every time my kids found an excuse to go to the front desk.
Grounds: This place definitely spends a lot of time and money on landscaping. They do a beautiful job and you can tell they take pride in their work. It really makes a great impression.
Pool: Very nice looking and cute set up. However way to small for the number of rooms. We never saw anyone using the volleyball net.. They should expand the pool and make the volleyball area smaller. Maybe a kids spray park? Would be a huge hit with the all the kids there. The pool was very clean and had nice chairs and umbrellas. The only negative is that there are no bathrooms in the pool area.
Breakfast: It was better than expected. Large variety. We loved the waffle machines. Definitely better than most places we’ve stayed and a great value with kids.
Room: We were on the first floor in the building near the road. It was not a problem for us because we went beginning of season when congestion is low and my kids get up at the crack of dawn. But you can definitely hear the traffic noise and by seven a.m. it is pretty loud. Again, not a problem for us but may bother others. We found the beds to be comfortable and had very nice TV.
The not so great:
When you enter the building there is a strong odor. We all noticed it. It almost smelled like kitty litter. It never got worse or better.
Our room had a very nice appearance and attractive bedding. It appeared to be extra clean and the bathroom was spotless. We were impressed except for the smell. The room had a very different strong smell. Almost a floral smell of some kind, it was over powering. It may have been the cleaners that they used but it was way too strong.
We had a problem with the fridge. We could not get it to work so we called the front desk. They came within a half hour and the man was so nice and apologetic. He got it working and left. We did not touch it in fear that we would mess it up. At three A.M. we heard a loud explosion. The soda cans in the fridge exploded and made a huge mess besides waking us. When we explained what happened to the front desk during checkout they did not offer to replace any of the food and drinks that were ruined. Not a big deal…just would have been a nice gesture.
When we were getting ready to leave we did the last look over of the room to make sure we had not forgotten anything. Unfortunately we found under one of the beds a rotten apple and ketchup packets from McDonalds. We did not go to McDonalds and my kids don’t eat apples so I know it was from the previous guests. Have to admit I’m a little grossed out now. I mentioned it at check out but all she said was Thank You for letting them know. She was very nice but that’s it!
I received an online survey asking about our stay when we got home and I explained all of the above and I still have heard nothing. Why ask if your not going to read the survey/ questionnaires?
Would I stay again? Probably. I am very picky and thought the place was pretty good for the money. Would love for them to do something about the odors and make sure there is no old food under the beds. I would have given 4 stars if I had gotten some kind of response.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- OVERLOOKING LEWIS BAY! We are a Friendly, Fun, Relaxing resort. We have received awards for our Hospitality, Customer Care, and Cleanliness. We're not just a place to stay, we're your home base for a fantastic, exciting Cape Cod Vacation! Whether you need a quiet and relaxing romantic getaway, or a memorable family vacation, the Bayside is perfect anytime of year.We are located close to Beaches, Restaurants, Shopping, and Cape Cod Attractions. For golfers, there are 20 golf courses within 20 minutes! For explorers, we are a short drive to Provincetown, the National Seashore, Falmouth, and a ferry ride to Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard. For families, we are close to amusements, mini golf, whale watching, boat & kayak rentals, movies, trampolines, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Bayside Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayside Hotel West Yarmouth
- Bayside Resort Cape Cod
- Bayside Resort West Yarmouth
- Bayside West Yarmouth
- Bayside Resort Hotel Cape Cod/West Yarmouth, MA