“Very nice resort at Cape Cod”

The Cove at Yarmouth
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Reviewed 19 August 2011

This is our fourth trip to Cape Cod and The Cove at Yarmouth is one of my favorites resort. Check-in was nice. All the buildings are very nice. Check-in area has the in-door pool, fitness center and a restaurant. Our unit was all the way behind the outdoor pool. This resort is a lot bigger than many in Cape Cod.

Our one bedroom suite is the biggest unit we have been in in Cape Cod. There a good size bathroom, dining area that sit 4, sitting area has sofa bed and flat screen tv. There is plenty of storage. Balcony look out to the parking lot but units on the bay side look out to the nice bay area. The unit is perfectly clean and newly renovated. Bedroom has very comfortable queen bed. No washer and dryer. Laundry facility is very limited so we wash our clothes in the local laundry. 5 miles away from Trader Joe is great for grocery. 3 blocks to 2 miniature golf, liquor store, ice cream and burger at retro burger is fantastic and a great price. There is five tennis courts, 2 outdoors, racket ball, ping pong and game room. Outdoor pool is very nice! Barbecue area has four electric grill and picnic area. You can borrow utensil at the club house. There are many activities planned each day. We prefer the beach. Discounted beach pass is available at the front desk at a first come first serve basis. You want to get that early especially on weekend and good weather. Get to the beach early before traffic and the parking lot filling up fast. Towel exchange service by the indoor pool is great. You can also get some basic supply for your stay.

Breakfast across the street is great for a fresh start. The restaurant on site has great pizza. The coupon offered when we check-in was great. Local seafood market has fresh selection that you can cook on the grill. There is so many great restaurant within a short drive. Fishing on the cape is fantastic. We have many great catch on the shore and a great many on the bottom fishing tour at Hyannis. Really short drive. Hyannis is a cute little town for dining and shopping.

Now for the not so great! I would prefer the resort to be on the beach which many are with much smaller units. The laundry facility is minimal for such a large establishment. The no cooking rule is not very good for timeshare owner who are used to that feature. Overall we love our stay and will come back to this resort.

Room Tip: get your beach parking pass early and head to the beach early, especially on the weekend.
Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank schong
There are newer reviews for The Cove at Yarmouth

Reviewed 15 August 2011

The room was lovely. Up stairs loft bedroom was fun. Kitchen was a coffee maker, microwave, and fridge. (bylaws don't allow full kitchen) You have to drive to go anywhere, so eating out was the only option anyways. Lots of good restaurants in the area, but once again Provincetown an hours drive. The national shoreline 45 minutes on a good day. The ferries are close for the islands of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. The resort offers tennis and games/crafts, and has a pool. So if staying put and not driving is your thing, this place does work. So on the plus side the place was spotless, but luggage has to be carried up stairs to the second floor. (There was an offer for help from the front desk) I like the Cove, but to see the real Cape Cod, you have to drive. The area around The Cove is a very commercial. Look further up the arm for vintage Cape Cod.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sea_Kayak_Kid
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I have been coming & staying at The Cove at Yarmouth for over 12 years. I am a rental guest, not a time-share owner. When I made our reservations, I knew that I would have to move my room after the first night. I was asked if I would consider staying in a handicapped suite for the one night. I was told that the master bathroom shower had a bench seat with a hand-held shower in it. I declined. I also stated that I wanted an outside suite, not an indoor suite. When my husband and I checked in, we found out that our entire stay was in a handicapped suite – and the one right next to the pool entrance. The suite was dark and if you opened the drapes, you were looking at people walking down the ramp to the pool area. There was no privacy whatsoever. I went back to the front desk and said that this room was unacceptable. I was told that we were given that room so we didn’t have to move after one night. I explained that I had declined a handicapped room/interior room for even one night when I made my reservations. I was also told that we had to wait until the manager Erin came into work the following day. I knew that if we waited, we were probably going to have fewer options. Then Matthew, the Customer Service Rep, said that he would look into what he could do for us. It was very busy as this was check-in time but Matthew kept searching for something else for us. I told him that I would not mind moving, that I would not mind waiting for a room to be cleaned, and that I would even take a townhouse if that would keep us out of the pool room. After about 20 minutes, Matthew came up with rooms for us. We had to mover after one night but they were both outside rooms and they were both suites. Matthew never got flustered, took his time and saved our trip for us. I was ready to go looking for somewhere else to stay but because of Matthew’s persistence, we were able to enjoy our 20th anniversary vacation. Thanks Matthew – you’re the best!

Room Tip: Get an outside suite or townhouse.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BermudaJack
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We just came back from a "girls week out" and had a fabulous time! First of all, this resort is located in the center of everything and is fairly easy to get to. The resort is very clean, and well run. The staff is helpful and friendly and we had absolutely no problems with anything! I will go again and take my family who will surely enjoy it too. I'm not sure if the bistro is part of the resort or not - nice staff but I don't recommend the food.

Room Tip: Very spacious rooms and nice renovations. I love the townhouses!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank patseysays
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Hands down, this was the nicest place we have stayed at while on Cape Cod in the last 13 years. We absolutely loved our suite w/ the bedroom & a 2nd bath upstairs. Lovely water views -- just wish it had beach access. Many activities. Wonderful restaurant. Friendly staff. Super clean.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank kosy02
Reviewed 28 July 2011

RCI exchange through DVC. One bedroom real nice. Nice resort, clean, restaurant on-site, pleasantly surprised since some places in Cape Cod are dated. Good location and easy to get to other areas of the cape. Ferries real close.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We always enjoy our stay at The Cove, but unfortunately this time wasn't as nice as our previous vacation in 2009. We were given a renovated townhouse which was pleasant and clean, however this time we found ourselves smack dab next to the laundry room. I was a bit concerned about it at check-in, but I was assured we were in "such a quiet room". In hindsight, it appears as though she was overcompensating for the noisy accommodations. It didn't appear as though there were any strict closing times for the laundry room. As such, there were a couple of late nights where the rumbling of the dryers and loud conversation kept us up way too late. From our experience, and to note, the walls aren't all that thick, so the chances of being disturbed are high, I'd venture to say. Laundry room or loud neighbors, you may (or may not) hear some noise.

The resort can use some more updating (ie the restaurant/bar and fitness center specifically), but all in all it's a good place to stay and very conveniently located. We love the Cape and will continue to stay here, but a few improvements could go a long, long way.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
#4 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to The Cove at Yarmouth? Share your experiences!