“Have vacationed here for over 20 years, never dissapointed!”

Green Harbor on the Ocean
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Marshfield, Massachusetts
“Have vacationed here for over 20 years, never dissapointed!”
Reviewed 27 December 2010

My family has been vacationing at Green Harbor since I was three years old, and it is one of my fondest childhood memories. We used to stay in unit 73 each year (great room, awesome views) but now we rent one of the 3 off campus houses with our family size growing. After our first couple of years, my aunts and uncles starting coming here too after listening to how good of times we had. If you are looking for a totally relaxing, extremly pleasant staff, and wonderful family vacation this is the place. This resort is very kid friendly, but we also see alot of couples staying here enjoying themselves.

The large heated pool is really nice, and there is a glass barrier wall that reduces the offshore wind. The beachs are nice, groomed, plenty of chairs, and the ocean water is always above 70 in July. If you have a boat they have a few moorings you can keep is on. There is a nice mini golf course on site, and larger mini golf courses within a five minute drive. The cooking facilities really help you cut down on vacation costs, but plenty of dining options nearby. (Capt. Parkers has the best prime rib dinner I have ever had). It's a private retreat, but if you are looking for nightlife or shopping Hyanis Harbor is a five minute ride. There are large area's of grass kids can play on, fishing off the jetti's, playground on the beach, a nice cabana on the beach to escape the sun but still enjoy the beach, bikes, activities, shuffleboard etc. I could go on and on but don't want to bore people. The past few years we rented the "Habor House" but last year we upgraded and stayed at the "Great Harbor House" and it was so nice! The decor is your sterotypical cape cod themed, the grounds are gorgeous, but one thing in particular that makes the trip is the people who work there. There is a wonderful couple that run the place, and from the top down every single employee goes above and beyond to be make your stay as enjoyable as possible. The maid staff is very nice, and even came back at a different time because there was a child napping. It's the little things like that that keep us coming back every since year. We took a few years off because my brother and I played football is HS and College, but we enjoy coming every year now again in July. Can't wait, 7 months away from our next visit!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank DCaz8034
RedJacketResortRep, Manager at Green Harbor on the Ocean, responded to this review, 3 February 2011
What can I say? You have said it all. Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. It is heart warming to know we can play such an important part in peoples live and give them such fond memories.

Again, thank you and we will see you in July.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Dix HIlls, New York
Reviewed 1 October 2010

My husband, my 6 yr old and I stayed at the Green Harbor the last week of August 2010.
We picked this place mainly due to the great reviews on Trip Advisor. They weren't wrong.
It consists of separate cottages and 2 floor condo type rooms. Our "suite" consisted of a queen bed and a pullout couch. I thought a suite meant some kind of separation between rooms, but it was one big room. All the rooms are efficiencies as there is no restaurant on site. There are plenty of decent restaurants down the block on the main strip (Rt. 28?). Mom in law liked Yarmouth House and if you want something really fancy check out The Ebb Tide (15 minutes away)-yummy lobster.
The heated pool (they supply floats and noodles, if you forget yours), Lewis Bay right on the grounds, mini-golf on the premises all made for a fabulous vacation for our child and the others. A canal off Lewis Bay surrounds the hotel...crabbing off the dock or in the shallow water keeps the kids really entertained. My son learned how to ride a two wheeler on the last day. He helped himself to the supplied bikes and rode around the parking lot. We wanted to make it to Nausett Beach but our son was so happy where he was..we stayed put.
Some small negatives-uncomfortable bed and rough sheets, small bathroom with slow shower drain and housekeeping could have been more attentive (same dirt outside cottage 2 days in a row). The decor is dated.
If you're looking for a mellow, very family friendly place-this is it.

1 Thank NYMosie
RedJacketResortRep, Manager at Green Harbor on the Ocean, responded to this review, 8 October 2010
I am so glad you and your family enjoyed yourselves so much. In the future if you decide to come back, which we obviously hope you do. Let us know if or when a problem occurs. We have a very competent and friendly staff that will do anything they can to make things right.

I had to laugh when I read your son learned to ride a two wheel bike. That is something he will always remember. I know I still remember the first time I did it.

Thank you for taking the time to type your review. It is greatly appreciated.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 28 September 2010

I was pleasantly surprised by how nice this place is. The staff here could not be nicer, very very accomodating. The first night we were here we realized that the Cottage that we rented was too small. We asked if they had a bigger place available which they did. They even moved all of our things over to our new room for us. About the only negative thing I would say about the Green Harbor Resort is that it could use some updating, but that's not really a negative. This place is really great.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmbdnb
RedJacketResortRep, Manager at Green Harbor on the Ocean, responded to this review, 1 October 2010
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to type your review.

Yes, almost anytime our guests need to move from one location to an other we do everything we can to make your move as easy as possible.

Our staff is very proud of our guest services. I am glad we exceeded your expectations. This is one of our goals. Thank you.
Washington, DC
Reviewed 3 September 2010

This place has it all. Responsive, friendly and knowledgeable hosts, heated outdoor pool, full kitchens, excellent housekeeping staff, gorgeous grounds, and a safe bay-front area for kids to explore. Be sure to bring nets and fishing poles for the little ones to muck around right outside your door. We go every year with our extended family and each get separate cottages (much better that way!) Green Harbor is a tradition that my kids look forward to every year.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
RedJacketResortRep, Manager at Green Harbor on the Ocean, responded to this review, 4 September 2010
Thank you for for your kind words. Our staff does take pride in our work. We do appreciate your comments. We will see you again next year.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Just come back from the GH resort. Usually I don't spend time writing reviews like this, but I think this place deserve an exception. I am italian, I live in Boston, andthis was my first time on the Cape I looked for weeks on the internet for places to rent for me, my wife and my two kids (4 yo and 5 mo). I read all reviews here on tripadvisors about this resort and decided to trust them: best decision ever!! First of all we arrived last week, at the beginning of a "nice" rainy and cold week. It was my only week of vacation, imagine my mood....after a couple of days I tried and went to the front desk and explained my situation, saying I could not waste my only week with my family staying indoor all the time (it was really cold and rainy believe me!). The wonderful woman (I am sorry I don't remember her name! She's blonde, short hairs), told me with a big smile that the townhouse we had rented was still available the next week, so we could postpone our reservation, which we did, going back to Boston and then returning on the weekend. Ten millions point just for this great proof of professinality and kindness. I loved it. When we finally came back, we felt immediately at home. Beautiful place, our townhouse, oceanfront, was just perfect. My daughter loved it. A lot of kids and I immediately understood why: to use my daughter's words, "they have so many things to do every day!!" Magic shows, clowns, crab races, yo-yo demos, really a lot of fun for the kids. Plus, a little nice playground right on the beach, which I found cool (swinging on the sand with the ocean right in front of you is prettu cool, isn't it/!). Room service impeccable, all staff extremely kind and useful, every single one. It was like being home, did I say it already!?! I wish I could stay longer, at least one more week (considering now in Boston it's mre than 90!!).
Thank you to all the great people working there. I will definitely come back again next year.
I highly recommend it, expecially if you have young kids and you are looking for a relaxing place where you can leave your kids out feeling safe all the time (I forgot to say you can take a bike, not rent, just take and go, you, your kids everybody, they have a lot of different size bikes there).
Great job!! Thank you so much.

1 Thank giulio74july
We are so glad we could help you salvage your vacation. We want you to enjoy your stay with us as much as you do. Knowing you and your family enjoyed yourselves and are coming back is what we strive for.

The great part about stay at any of our resorts is that you can use the amenities of any of our other 4 resorts. I see you took full advantage of that. Good for you and your family.

Thank you for taking the time to type your review. It is greatly appreciated.
Brooklyn
Reviewed 29 August 2010

We just stayed at Green Harbor for the second time, and we intend to return as often as possible year after year to come. Location is excellent; staff is friendly, knowledgeable, gracious, and accommodating; and the units are nicer than described. The whole place is immaculate and so carefully maintained. In my view, there could hardly be a better place to stay on the Cape for the money.

2 Thank BrooklynWillow
Thank you for your review. Your endorsement and wanting to return really says it all.
Pomona, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2010

There isn't anything I could say negative about this place. We stayed in the beach cottage overlooking the bay. The pool was 50 ft from our deck; the beach was 100 ft from our deck. The views of the bay were spectacular! (and because it's the bay, we were told, the water is always very warm)

The house was so clean we could have eaten off the floor; the bathroom tile grout was strikingly white! Every day the maid service came in to tidy up the room, leave us fresh towels, and she even placed the dirty dishes in the dishwaser and ran it for us!
The kitchen had everything- we ran to Stop & Shop (about 2 miles down the road) and bought food stuff we needed for the week. (and what it didn't have- was up at the front desk- I saw a large lobster boiling pot if you wanted to steam your own lobsters- and- I did need 2 lobster claw crackers wich they happily lent me.) I bought charcoal and BBQ'd 2 nights on the Webber grill that each house has. Each house has a deck table with a large umbrella, 4 chairs, and 2 lounge chairs. The house was very spacious and we could've fit another person quite comfortably. (we were 2 adults, a 2yr old and a 5 month baby). The house was cooled by 2 zone CENTRAL air and the WiFi works great.

The facility has everything there! Canoeing or rowboating on the bay- it's there- go get the oars!; a swingset and jungle gym/playground right on the beach for the young ones- it's there; The lounge chairs and beach chairs are on the beach in neat stacks, and the beach umbrella- just go get it at the front desk if you want one! There are bikes- just go to the garage and grab one! There is a small minature golf course- just get the ball and clubs at the front desk- it's all included! (I think there was a nominal $1or 2$ per hour fee for the bikes and canoes) And you can go visit the sister properties- which we did- and use their facilities also- they are all a few minutes from each other.
The hotel is close to EVERYTHING- shopping, dining, activies like jungle gyms, the ferry, miniature golfing, etc.

They have endless activities for the kids going all day long- clowns at the pool, swimming lessons, scavenger hunt, a nature walk, arts and crafts, fishing, kite-making and then flying- they are INCREDIBLY kid friendly. And they are running different events at all 5 Red Jacket facility- so if you want to do the evening beach fire/roast marshmallow at the other facility- just go. (They hand you a schedule of the events for all five facilities upon arrival.)

The staff couldn't have been friendlier or more accomodating. When we first arrived, the 2 bulbs over the stairway were out- they had them fixed within 20 minutes. The staff were all warm and friendly- and had great suggestions where to go, what to do, how to get around, the best restaurants, the best ice cream, etc. I can't say enough nice things about them. And the guests there were all just as warm and friendly! We met a lot of very friendly helpful guests- and a lot of them had been going there for years. One woman told me her family had been going there every year for 31 years. Met another person who tallied 9 consecutive years there; another family been going there for 7 years in a row.

I wish I could go back tomorrow!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
RedJacketResortRep, Manager at Green Harbor on the Ocean, responded to this review, 13 August 2010
I am beside myself. I could not have dream up a better review. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful (and accurate) review. We can not be more pleased that your time with us was a memorable one. We hope to see you again next year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Yarmouth
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Green Harbor on the Ocean? Share your experiences!