My family has been vacationing at Green Harbor since I was three years old, and it is one of my fondest childhood memories. We used to stay in unit 73 each year (great room, awesome views) but now we rent one of the 3 off campus houses with our family size growing. After our first couple of years, my aunts and uncles starting coming here too after listening to how good of times we had. If you are looking for a totally relaxing, extremly pleasant staff, and wonderful family vacation this is the place. This resort is very kid friendly, but we also see alot of couples staying here enjoying themselves.
The large heated pool is really nice, and there is a glass barrier wall that reduces the offshore wind. The beachs are nice, groomed, plenty of chairs, and the ocean water is always above 70 in July. If you have a boat they have a few moorings you can keep is on. There is a nice mini golf course on site, and larger mini golf courses within a five minute drive. The cooking facilities really help you cut down on vacation costs, but plenty of dining options nearby. (Capt. Parkers has the best prime rib dinner I have ever had). It's a private retreat, but if you are looking for nightlife or shopping Hyanis Harbor is a five minute ride. There are large area's of grass kids can play on, fishing off the jetti's, playground on the beach, a nice cabana on the beach to escape the sun but still enjoy the beach, bikes, activities, shuffleboard etc. I could go on and on but don't want to bore people. The past few years we rented the "Habor House" but last year we upgraded and stayed at the "Great Harbor House" and it was so nice! The decor is your sterotypical cape cod themed, the grounds are gorgeous, but one thing in particular that makes the trip is the people who work there. There is a wonderful couple that run the place, and from the top down every single employee goes above and beyond to be make your stay as enjoyable as possible. The maid staff is very nice, and even came back at a different time because there was a child napping. It's the little things like that that keep us coming back every since year. We took a few years off because my brother and I played football is HS and College, but we enjoy coming every year now again in July. Can't wait, 7 months away from our next visit!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic family cottage colony with 50 units ranging from one-room efficiencies, one and two bedroom townhouses, two bedroom suites and three bedroom cottages accommodating up to 10 people comfortably. Green Harbor is situated on a seven acre waterfront parcel on Lewis Bay with Mill Creek on its eastern border. With every amenity a family would need to enjoy a most memorable family adventure, the resort features a private beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound, outdoor heated pool, playground, miniature golf, basketball, shuffleboard, as well as boats,canoes and bikes. There are no public restaurant facilities on premise, as all guest units have fully equipped kitchens. The resort is less than five minutes drive to Hyannis' popular Main Street. With its spacious cottages and Cape Cod villas, Green Harbor is the perfect setting for a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or reunion party. Kids' Club, a supervised children's program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities. Open from mid May until mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Green Harbor on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Harbor On The Ocean Hotel West Yarmouth
- Green Harbor On The Ocean Cape Cod/West Yarmouth, MA