“Best Family fun mini vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Cape Cod Family Resort
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Framingham
“Best Family fun mini vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I just checked out and I only have good things to say. The people at the office were very nice and helpful especially the older gentleman. The pools, room, entrance, walkways everything was clean. I'm very skeptical about staying at non brand hotels and I was very impressed with the service and cleanliness of this place. I am definitely returning back in the summer. I did read a previous comment about it being loud and It was loud late at night but who really cares there on vacation too why ruin it for them. There just having fun! In end we all had fun including the kids and the noise wasn't a problem for us!

• Stayed August 2014

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Peabody
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I booked a room for 2 nights at this aweful hotel. After the 1st night I was woken up at 7am from LOUD creaking in the ceiling. And you can hear everything outside.The hotel is old and very poorly constructed. If you want a good nights sleep go elsewhere, or do NOT accept a room on the 1st floor (but you still will hear EVERYTHING outside).

I tried to call the front desk to see if they could give us another room, possibly on the second floor and Jane said they are fully booked and nothing could be done. She was extremely rude and not helpful at all. I tried to cancel my reservation for tonight, but of course they said no, and gave me some silly reason about the site I used charging a commission already. I told her that's fine, I'll just give the hotel my review on trip advisor. At 8:11am (about and hour later) jane called back to tell me she could cancel my reservation for tonight "because she has someone that would love the room" (condescending and very rude and what happened to the issue with the commission?)

Also so far we have found 3 bugs in the bathroom. And just a heads up if you don't book thru their website directly you have to pay extra for using the inflateable park and games.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank PamG03
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I had started to book through a discount site but when visiting the hotel site, it clearly states that you are not eligible for the stay & play package when booking through a discount site. We booked straight through the hotel and were pleasantly impressed with the place. There was plenty to do and there was plenty in walking distance. The rooms were beautiful. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank jcm72002
Joseph M, Owner at Cape Cod Family Resort, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
So glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your review. We'll look forward to seeing you again. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have just stayed there for 2 nights. The room was ok, clean, beds comfortable.
But the people who are staying at this hotel have no class at all ! they have no respect for others, and are shouting, laughing at loud even if it's 10-11 pm…
It was impossible for my young kids to sleep before 11pm !!! I have asked help at the reception, but nothing was done…
The swimming pool has a lot of chlore as well, our eyes were burning so much !
Also, if you book through a discount website, you are not eligible to have access to unflatable park. So you'll have to pay an extra 25-30$ per person
I won't go there anymore, never !
Family resort ?! yeah right…

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank vinfablm
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Travelled with my family to the Cape this past week and stayed at this hotel for two nights. The three words in the title sum up my view of this hotel. The four bullets is for the cleanliness of the hotel, the FREE access to the park and because the hotel worked with me due to a screw up on my reservation (partly my fault) that would have turned out disastrous.

I found this hotel on tripadvisor and decided to book it after reading reviews from other guests who have stayed at this hotel. I've been to Cape Cod a few times before with friends so we're always on a budget and stayed at crappy hotels because the Cape has a lot of crappy hotels. The comments that made me decide on this hotel was that it's newly renovated and there's an inflatable park next to it. I travelled with my two sisters and both of them have kids (2 and 7) so I thought they would enjoy it.

I made my reservations through an online booking website but then when I checked out the hotel's own website, I read that you only get FREE access to the Inflatable Park if you book directly to the hotel. So, I called the hotel to confirm that and decided to cancel my online booking and book directly with them not only because of the FREE access but also because the 2nd night (Sunday) was $50 cheaper than the first night whereas the online booking website had the same rate for two nights.

But then when we got to the hotel, apparently, the woman I spoke with at the time I made reservations booked the rooms on the following weekend. That said, it was my fault since I did not double check the confirmation they sent via email. The woman at the checkin counter said they are fully booked and not sure if we can get two rooms much less adjacent to each other, which is what I booked. I almost wanted to have a heart attack because it was very rainy that weekend and I wasn't sure if I'll find a hotel in the Cape at the last minute. Probably...but it will either be crappy or we'll have to shell out a few more hundreds to find a decent hotel. She told me to wait for a few minutes and see what see can do. While she was doing that, I was frantically searching for alternatives because I'm not really sure if she'll be able to do anything. After 15-20 minutes she said she found two rooms but couldn't move rooms around to find one adjacent to each other because she said their system is too difficult to move things around. We decided to take the rooms that were far apart because at the end of the day, it was my fault. I wish they could have switched other reservations to find an adjacent room.

I could have rated this hotel five bullets but the one bullet less is because they were not very accommodating by the time we were checking out and some issues in the room. On our first day, it was pouring rain so we did not get to enjoy the benefit of FREE access to the Inflatable Park because it was closed due to inclement weather. We wanted to enjoy the park on our last day but we're already supposed to check out. So, I requested if we can do a late check-out for one of the rooms so we can at least shower and change properly after enjoying the park for a few hours but they said no. The park opens at 10 am and and we needed to check out by 11 am. On the room issues, while the rooms are newly renovated, in the room we stayed in, the main and bathroom doors were too tight and difficult to open and close and one of the light fixtures was not working. Also, the work table that was placed outside the bathroom is much wider than the wall so it was protruding and my nephew bumped his head twice while the adults kept bumping to it as you get in and out of the bathroom area (especially if you have big hips!).

Overall, it was still and enjoyable stay with my family and we got to enjoy the Cape and Martha's Vineyard even though the weather did not cooperate. Lesson learned - double check details of reservations!!!

Room Tip: Pick a room on the 2nd floor because this hotel is for families so you can hear running around if ki...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Liz1023
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Renovated very clean. Blue outdoor carpet around both pools Like New. Rooms and overall facility freshly painted. Nice family atmosphere. A good value. A/C is sufficient and quiet. Free WiFi works just fine. A good vibe. Just needs room deadbolts and flip locks and coffee maker like in almost all other hotels/motels. Also, night time lighting is as much as a baseball field. I like alot of lighting for security, but this place has too much. It's hard to get sleep in the room even with blinds completely closed since it's so bright. Bring a black-out curtain to hang over the blinds. Recommend owners scale down outdoor lighting.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank FellowTraveler051
Thanks so much for your review. Your suggestions are really helpful. We made SO many updates to both the resort and park over the off season, it's now time to be making that list for consideration before next season! We hope you'll come back and see us again. Happy Travels!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The newly renovated motel was in great condition. The room was attractive, neat and clean.
The staff was so lovely and accommodating. Lots to do right on site and a central location for other Cape attractions.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,023 reviews
Green Harbor on the Ocean
Green Harbor on the Ocean
#3 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Cape Cod Family Resort? Share your experiences!