“Not fancy but good food!!”

Giardino's Family Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 36 Restaurants in West Yarmouth
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We have passed Giardino's restaurant a million times and decided to try it. The hostess, who was lovely and from the Czech Republic, knew we didn't want to sit in the noisy bar area so she seated us in the backroom where it was nice and quiet. The waitress came right over brought us water and took our order. We had the prime rib, I was pleasantly surprised..it was tender, hot and delicious. The green beans were cooked perfectly. So you never know what a restaurant is like until you try it. We are glad we did!!

1  Thank Gail H

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stopped in for dinner while on vacation. The place was right out of the 70's. Not sure when the last time they updated the decor was, but it couldn't have been anytime recently. The seating was squishy - the booths were not that comfortable because the table is large - just be aware that if you have issues around feeling closed in, ask for a table.

The service was good, no complaints.

The food was ok. I ordered the stuffed sole and it came with mashed and broccoli. There was an odd after taste to the broccoli and the sauce that was on the fish. The mashed potatoes were also very dry.

My daughter wanted noodles and butter. She asked for penne and because the penne is not on the kids menu, were were charged $9.00 for a small plate of plain pasta. Give me a break,.

Pretty sure next time we are on the cape we will not be going back.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Despite the slightly delapataded regulars and the somewhat socially challenged waitresses, the food was delicious! Had a Mexican pizza and a Caesar Salad, and they were both delicious!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My fish and chips were good. But my husband had baked fish, was only ok, vegetables were overcooked and not looking so good. Kid had raviolis, portion was way too small, only four pieces. Place is noisy, Was ok, could return, could not..

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have eaten here every year for the past 20 years. Over the past few years you could see a difference in food and service. This year was the worst. The server seemed disinterested in us but we observed her talking it up with the locals. The food was blah. My wife loves the stuffed quahog here and would always have me do takeout during our trip to get some. This year they were blah. No taste like it was missing something. I had the steak tips and they tasted like they were marinated in a ketchup? The kids had the burgers which they said happily "tastes like McDoanlds. Too many other places to eat. Let the locals have this one.