“Excellent!”
Review of Yarmouth House

Yarmouth House
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The roots to this Cape Cod landmark trace their origins back to the old country and follow a route through Canada before settling in along Route 28. The Yarmouth House Restaurant was founded in 1978 by the Kounadis family patriarch, Gerry Kounadis. Born in Kefalonia, Greece, Gerry immigrated to Canada with his lovely wife, Vasiliki, in 1951. There, he operated a very successful diner in Montreal for over 35 years. His dream was to expand and open another restaurant in the United States. In 1978 he founded The Yarmouth House and he knew he had found a diamond in the rough. He brought with him his three children to help run the restaurant. With hard work and dedication, the restaurant became one of Cape Cod’s favorites, as it remains today.In August 2006, Gerry Kounadis passed away, but his presence is still felt every day in the restaurant. He left behind memories of his great sense of humor, positive attitude, accommodating demeanor and his famous welcoming smile. Today, his son Chris runs the kitchen along with other very talented chefs like Gary Sprague and Amir Ahari. The dining room is run by his son-in-law, Ted Zambelis, and his daughter Angie, who try hard to keep up the family’s goal of remaining a restaurant with the finest food at reasonable prices in an inviting and friendly atmosphere. The family owns and operates DiParma Italian Table on Route 28 in W. Yarmouth as well as our newest location, DiParma Italian Table, Seekonk, MAWe want to take this opportunity to thank all our patrons, especially the many supportive Cape Cod residents who have kept us in business for over 31 years.Thank you and God Bless
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Great and beautiful place to discover local food.
Great service.
Small plates are a good idea to share and to taste different dishes.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We were in town celebrating my wife's 50th birthday, and chose Yarmouth House for dinner. I don't see how we could have made a better choice. When I made the reservation, I told them about the occasion, and they seated us at a VERY cozy table in the front corner, near the glass. Our waiter, Peter, was over in no time flat, telling us about specials and asking about drinks. He brought some warm bread and oil, took our order, and was back in a flash with our salads. I had the lobster thermador, my wife the filet mignon. Both came very quickly for a Saturday night, and were perfect...as tasty as you could ask for. Peter was a hoot...doing a couple of card tricks and telling a couple of jokes while we contemplated dessert. It was a perfect dinner experience...we will surely be back next time we're in town!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Walked in just at open on a Saturday, seated promptly, wonderful decorations. Service was great! Our waiter did not miss a step. Word of warning soup and chowders only come in one size, large after my tasty seafood chowder I had very little room for my baked haddock. It was done perfectly, I am picky on fish! A little expensive for lunch, but worth the experience.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

With the various choices in Yarmouth, the Yarmouth House turned out to be the best for us. We had excellent service, lovely atmosphere and great food. Definitely we would go back! Call for a reservation.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We ate here based on several recommendations. Very nice restaurant decorated for Halloween. We had a great waiter. My husband had the Seafood Trilogy which he enjoyed. I had the Lobster Ravioli which was okay, wish I had tried something else! Would probably go back.