“Good”
Review of Yarmouth House

Yarmouth House
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The roots to this Cape Cod landmark trace their origins back to the old country and follow a route through Canada before settling in along Route 28. The Yarmouth House Restaurant was founded in 1978 by the Kounadis family patriarch, Gerry Kounadis. Born in Kefalonia, Greece, Gerry immigrated to Canada with his lovely wife, Vasiliki, in 1951. There, he operated a very successful diner in Montreal for over 35 years. His dream was to expand and open another restaurant in the United States. In 1978 he founded The Yarmouth House and he knew he had found a diamond in the rough. He brought with him his three children to help run the restaurant. With hard work and dedication, the restaurant became one of Cape Cod’s favorites, as it remains today.In August 2006, Gerry Kounadis passed away, but his presence is still felt every day in the restaurant. He left behind memories of his great sense of humor, positive attitude, accommodating demeanor and his famous welcoming smile. Today, his son Chris runs the kitchen along with other very talented chefs like Gary Sprague and Amir Ahari. The dining room is run by his son-in-law, Ted Zambelis, and his daughter Angie, who try hard to keep up the family’s goal of remaining a restaurant with the finest food at reasonable prices in an inviting and friendly atmosphere. The family owns and operates DiParma Italian Table on Route 28 in W. Yarmouth as well as our newest location, DiParma Italian Table, Seekonk, MAWe want to take this opportunity to thank all our patrons, especially the many supportive Cape Cod residents who have kept us in business for over 31 years.Thank you and God Bless
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Nice atmosphere and excellent service. Wine was overpriced for the brands offered. Food was good - my husband's steak was amazing. Cheesecake desserts were delicious.

My only complaint was that despite the restaurant being practically empty, additional parties were seated right next to us rather than being spread out.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Great service and cozy atmosphere! We loved the Margarita for two and the entrees were delicious! We'll definitely dine at this restaurant again.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Excellent food and service. They do have a gluten-free menu but will work with you to adjust an offering, if possible to make it gluten-free.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I was in Yarmouth while looking at the possibility of purchasing property on the Cape. I wasn't sure what to expect and I was very pleasantly surprised by the food and service. The Veal Saltinbocca was excellent.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Writing this considering that the Yarmouth house is more of a fine dining restaurant, I am maybe putting it to higher standards. We arrived about 5:30 and were immediately seated. The table was comfortable, spacious and relatively private. My wife ordered the prime rib which was good but not great. I ordered the haddock and chips which was good but I have had better on several occasions. We would have expected better from a restaurant of Yarmouth House's supposed caliber. We also ordered a cosmo which was very good, but at $12?? really?! you are not the Ritz Carlton; and a bottle of wine. One of our wine glasses had a chip in the base of the glass which I did not inform the waiter as it was not a hazard. My wife had finished her meal before I had, and the waiter immediately removed all the plates except mine, as I was still eating. Maybe appropriate at Mel's Diner, but not at a finer restaurant. Next time we want to go out to diner for $100+ we will go elsewhere. There are several better restaurants on the Cape for the same money.

1  Thank Jim950