“Not quite worth the price....”
Review of Yarmouth House

Yarmouth House
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The roots to this Cape Cod landmark trace their origins back to the old country and follow a route through Canada before settling in along Route 28. The Yarmouth House Restaurant was founded in 1978 by the Kounadis family patriarch, Gerry Kounadis. Born in Kefalonia, Greece, Gerry immigrated to Canada with his lovely wife, Vasiliki, in 1951. There, he operated a very successful diner in Montreal for over 35 years. His dream was to expand and open another restaurant in the United States. In 1978 he founded The Yarmouth House and he knew he had found a diamond in the rough. He brought with him his three children to help run the restaurant. With hard work and dedication, the restaurant became one of Cape Cod’s favorites, as it remains today.In August 2006, Gerry Kounadis passed away, but his presence is still felt every day in the restaurant. He left behind memories of his great sense of humor, positive attitude, accommodating demeanor and his famous welcoming smile. Today, his son Chris runs the kitchen along with other very talented chefs like Gary Sprague and Amir Ahari. The dining room is run by his son-in-law, Ted Zambelis, and his daughter Angie, who try hard to keep up the family’s goal of remaining a restaurant with the finest food at reasonable prices in an inviting and friendly atmosphere. The family owns and operates DiParma Italian Table on Route 28 in W. Yarmouth as well as our newest location, DiParma Italian Table, Seekonk, MAWe want to take this opportunity to thank all our patrons, especially the many supportive Cape Cod residents who have kept us in business for over 31 years.Thank you and God Bless
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Definitely request the front room by a window - it's a very pretty room, with twinkly white lights wrapped around trees. The service was nice, however they over cooked my steak, but did offer me a free dessert. The prices are a bit high, I am not sure that we will be back.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

During our family vacation (7 of us - children, teens, adults and seniors) we spent my son's 16th birthday having dinner at Yarmouth House. The food was so good, from BBQ ribs, lobster ravioli, pasta to salmon. And dessert even better, especially the chocolate fondue, which is a much share. The servers, Cheryl and Mari were so friendly and responsive. It felt like a family owned, small town place with large city great tasting food.

1  Thank pamela w
Reviewed 11 August 2014

my friends and I loved the ambiance and the food was delicious!! I ate the butternut chicken ravioli...you must have!!! :-)

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We went last week (family of 4: 2 adults and 2 teens) and were much disappointed with this place. It is much over-rated - food is tasteless - I can't imagine this place receives good ratings. Service is good but when the food is so disappointing, we feel like wasting our money. We spent a week in Cape Cod and this place was the worst restaurant of all (and the most expensive !). Try the good restaurants on Main Street (Hyannis) instead - Pizza Barbone, Colombo's, etc.

3  Thank Roy16
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I was visiting the area with a bus tour so I don't know the cost of the meal, The service was excellent as was the food. I would return agiain if the opportunity arose.