“NEW OWNER--NOT GOOD”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Boston
“NEW OWNER--NOT GOOD”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This is now cape seafood. It's not good anymore. The food is greasy, doesn't seem to be fresh. We won't be going back.

Visited August 2013

Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“New Name, New Owner”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I started eating at the Golden Boy way back in 1976. I actually used to call it my dining room as I ate there many time a week, either lunch or dinner sometimes both. In 2008 the original owner retired and the next owner did a pretty good job of maintaining the quality and service but over the past two years it became very poor to the point I stopped going there completely.

MAY 2013

I notice that it reopened for the season but there was a new name on the sign. It is now CAPE SEAFOOD. I was curious so I stopped in - ordered some fried clams. WOW!! They were great just like the old original Golden Boy! So I went back again tonight and ordered the Broiled Salmon! EXCELLENT. What a difference.

I chatted with the new owner. It turns out he is the former owner of the Kreme n Kone in Chatham another restaurant with a great reputation. He told me he lost his lease there and this was now his new restaurant. He said Golden Boy was originally a great place and he wanted to restore it to it's original quality and reputation. In my opinion he is off to a good start.

If you used to enjoy to old Golden Boy pre-2008 and miss it. Stop by the Cape Seafood located in the old Golden Boy building. It is just like old times again!! You are in for a pleasant surprise!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank JM1944
Atlantic City, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fried fish and NE Chowder”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

closed in winter months, a little expensive but at least portion and taste is worth it! located on rt 28 near everything, goof parking.

Visited February 2013
Barnstable, Massachusetts
“The rudiest owner I have ever encountered”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I have lived here for over 45 years and I only stopped here to get a quick lunch because I was stuck in traffic. I was "served" by the owner, who was yelling at the kitchen staff, the wait staff, and anyone else as he was taking my order.
I finanlly said that I would life him to pay attention to me and my order rather than everything else. He looked at me as if I were some kind of bug and said "do you want to order, or do you want to give me s**t. I turned around and left and will never go there again and will do my very best to spread the word that Golden Boy should never take a single dollar of you money.

Visited April 2012
New Jersey
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We have been going to Golden Boy every summer since 1999, and this year it became obvious that the previous owner's standards have been abandoned. The chowder used to be thick and creamy, now it tastes like it came out of a can. The fried scallops looked and tasted like "McScallops", and the broiled scallops had no flavor whatsoever. Sad to say, we won't be going back.

• Visited August 2011