“Great clam chowder”

Captain Parker's Pub
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Family friendly, full service restaurant serving fresh local seafood, choice meats and vegetarian offerings. Famous for our thick and creamy New England clam chowder. Gluten free items available.
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Always a long wait for this place in season. The food is good to very good. The problem I have with it is its VERY LOUD. Which for me distracts from the good location and the good food.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Ordered a bowl of their award-winning New England clam chowder and a salad (meal, with grilled chicken) to go. When you enter, there is just a tiny area with a doorway on either side, one leading to the dining area and the other to the bar, and a sign that asks you to wait to be seated. I waited at least 5 minutes, but no one came up to the entry, even though I was highly visible from the bar area. Finally, a server was clearing a table in the dining area, and, when she saw me, she acknowledged me and asked if I was being assisted. I told her I only needed to place an order to go and asked if I should do that in the bar. She said, "Yes." She was very cordial.
I had to stand at the bar a bit before the bartender acknowledged me. He took my order promptly and delivered it to me quickly and accurately. Our condo was less than 2 miles away, so the chowder was still piping hot and the salad cold and crisp (dressing on the side). It was all very good, but I must say that was the best New England chowder! It was creamy but too gloppy thick, It was loaded with clams, and there was a hint of sherry. Award-winning indeed!

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Overlooking river, this Cape Cod institution does not let down. It lives up to its reputation.
If I was to have one fault it us portion size. I really dislike waste and a doggy bag is not always an option. My calamari starter was enough for two mains portions. Another guest ordered garlic bread and got 8 slices!! It began to feel like man vs food after a while

But the food was good. Award winning chowder lived up to the reviews. I would have liked to be told an accurate size of each dish but I know now for again!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Had dinner here during late April and was ok. Our server was a seasoned one and was knowledgable enough to make recommendations which we appreciated. Hubby's blackened chicken was a bit dry, my fried fish was bland but we'll cooked, and my daughter liked her chicken tenders. The place itself could use a little overhaul on the interior. No wait getting in.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Well, we were looking for a nice family dinner and saw a lot of cars. The place was clean but very dated looking and crowded as far as seating is arranged. The staff is young and seem untrained - not real accommodating. Our vegetarian had almost no choice but a very average pasta or pasta with a set mix of veggies - too bad if she didn't like 5 of the ten veggies. She ended up with a kid's pasta with a scary blackish marinara sauce. My scallops were tasty with way too much butter. Hubby's steak was good. Other child had a decent salmon. Veggies were overcooked and entrees didn't come with a salad. I guess I won't look for crowded parking lots next time . .