“Terrible hotel rooms.”

Howard Johnson Inn Cape Cod Area
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
“Terrible hotel rooms.”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Though the staff is very nice and accommodating, and they have a nice indoor pool and an outdoor pool, the actual hotel room experience was terrible. The paint was peeling off the walls, the bathroom door would get stuck and did not fully close, the rugs are sticky and the beds are very uncomfortable. It was not a room that would make you think you could kick back, relax and enjoy your stay. Rather, the room makes you want to walk on your tip toes so as to not touch anything. I do not recommend staying at this place at all.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I just recently vacationed in Cape Cod at the Howard Johnsons in West Yarmouth, Mass. I was completely satisfied with every aspect of my stay. I have three young children who traveled with my husband and I. This was our first stay here at the hotel. The rooms were immaaculate, the cleaning staff were absolutely phenenomenal. Having three kids on Vacation isn't the cleanest task :) I forgot to mention they are all under 3 years old. However upon returning each day our rooms were spotless. The pool is gigantic, clean and well maintained. The staff was superb. They gave excellent recommendations on where to go. The hotel is centrally located on the cape. Minutes away from the Capes most populated city, Hyannis. Hyannis is where you have access to the ferries to Nantucket and Martha s Vineyard. Main street Hyannis is minutes away. It is filled with amazing stores and plenty of restaurants and bars. I was a bit reluctant, but the staff referred us to a babysitting organization that had excellent reviews online. So my hubby and I had the opportunity to go out by ourselves for a few hours. Overall, I was completely impressed with every aspect of the hotel. The location was great, staff was second to none, and it was CLEAN. Two thumbs up. HoJo's, we'll see you next year. Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: I preferred rooms on the first level so we had easy access t our cars.