“I've seen cleaner faces on the Red Sox during the playoffs”
Review of Holly Tree Resort

Holly Tree Resort
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We left before staying even one night (of a seven night booking). Our room, which we obtained from my in-laws' timeshare, was a "deluxe suite." It had broken interior doors, mold in the mini-fridge, stunk of stale smoke, and had a disgusting filth/ film on the carpet, with gum stains apparent throughout the halls. I don't even want to know what was living in the mattress. Save yourself the trouble, stay somewhere -- anywhere -- else.

Stayed: October 2013
14  Thank Andojb

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights because some friends were already booked at this location. We had a tiny studio room, that I believe showed as having a queen bed when I booked, but that did not print on the confirmation so I can't be sure. In any event the bed was a full/double bed, not a queen. There was also a twin bed sized sofa sleeper and a little kitchenette. We weren't staying long enough to have interest in using the kitchenette, so the space that it took up was not worth it for us. There was very little room to walk around the bed and we only had 2 small duffels so it wasn't that we dragged a bunch of stuff in with us. The bathroom was tiny as well to the point where you couldn't open the door if you were standing at the sink. Not that it's a big thing, but no shampoo, conditioner or lotion was provided.

There's no food service other than vending machines. Nice indoor and outdoor pools and a hot tub. We didn't use any of that, but other guests were. The staff at the desk was helpful. We bought vouchers for the Hy Line Ferry to Martha's Vineyard at a significant discount compared to the published price.

Room Tip: Our first floor room had a bright light right outside of it that made it feel like it was daytime ou...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The studio rooms are tiny. If you get a room that's not renovated you'll have a bed that folds out from a closet. I didn't know they had hotel rooms without a real bed. Even a motel 6 had a real bed. The deluxe rooms are nice and I enjoyed it. The pools looked okay, but I didn't use them. I wouldn't call it a resort. The bathrooms don't have shampoo or body wash, just bar soap. Two TVs but only one remote. I like that every room comes with a fridge, plates and utensils, and microwave. House keeping comes by pretty early which I found annoying. And you can hear the lady's talking in the hallways from your room.

I recommend staying the deluxe one bed room. Its spacious and clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jonah D
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I usually stay in Brewster at a much more expensive resort simply because it has indoor and outdoor pools. The Holly Tree has indoor and outdoor pools and the rooms are just as nice...if not better. The hard wood floors are such a great design for any Cape Cod accommodations. The rooms are very comfortable and very clean. We are centrally located to everything the Cape has to offer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Kristin D
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

If you're using a GPS do not use Main Street as your destination but use 412 route 28 has your destination. for some reason if you don't it will bring you to Hyannis. Hotel staff: sell poop and redirecting us to the proper location. this was our first time here and we booked a week long vacation pawn on rival we noticed we do not have a bed in our room but a pull out couch and a closet bed what you needed to be put down whenever we want to use it.the room also did not have a full kitchen but only had a microwave, toaster, and a coffee maker.however the rooms were clean as well as the bathroom, and the housekeepers this is great job.Hotel does provide a cook area with grill but you must provide your own lighter fluid and coals. you may also use store for propane tanks which we used. I probably would not return only because of the size of the room nothing else.also I do not expect any type of breakfast but they do provide free coffee and tea 24 hours a day.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank rrobert349
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I traded my timeshare week and stayed at the Holly tree resort. A resort is a stretch...it's more of a hotel. On arrival the staff was friendly and helpful. Our studio room was small, recently renovated and very clean. From previous reviews I was prepared
for a room needed some updating! Grounds were clean nothing "resort like" Pools area was great. Overall a good stay, would be better with a full kitchen. We did use the grilling area which was fine!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Stephylyn1231
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We just returned from a week at the Holly tree in W. Yarmouth. We have been owners here for over 20 years. This was only our 4th stay at Holly tree, I could never get used to the Murphy beds, we came down this year to see how the renovations came out. in past years we have exchanged our week and have done OK even though it is only a studio. I was pleased with the new look of the of the unit. The front desk people (who were very helpful) told me that the whole first floor had been remodeled. The studio is still sort of small but they have certainly done the most with the available space. With the 2 of us it was fine, I suppose with two small kids it would have been OK but I don't think 4 adults would be comfortable. Yarmouth is pretty much Mid-Cape so nothing is more than an hour away (once you get off rt 28 which was continuous stop and go ) We drove down to Provincetown to go on a whale watch and explore the city a little. We also made a trip over to The Sundae School in Dennisport which was great. We went to the Irish Pub in Harwhich for a "paint nite" where about ten people took our first painting lesson. It was very entertaining and everyone seemed to have fun, a few of the paintings came out very well. I agree with another review that the pool towels were ridiculous. We went up the street and bought two cheap beach towels. 2 or 3 of the lounge chairs at the outside pool were ripped and pretty much unusable, I don't know why they weren't removed. All in all my opinion of the Holly Tree has gone from just average to very good. They also had daily maid service which my wife liked.

Room Tip: None of the rooms were near the street as far as traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
#8 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Cape Cod Irish Village
Cape Cod Irish Village
#2 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Holly Tree Resort? Share your experiences!