“Good food, good service”
Review of Acapulco's - CLOSED

Acapulco's
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at a hotel nearby and stopped here for dinner. We thought about skipping this place because of the appereance from the outside. It looks run down and it's easy to keep it moving once you see the condiiton it's in. But we wanted mexican so we figured we would at least look inside. The restaurant is in much better shape on the inside, so we decided to stay. Service was prompt and decent. Our server took our order and brought our food in a timely manner. He checked on us a few times. Everyone was happy with their dishes.

Contrary to the other reviews, I thought the chips and salsa were delicious!

Boston
“Mixed reviews”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Good mexican restaurant. Great salsa and chips while you're waiting for your meal... My husband and sister really liked their dishes. I wasn't fond of my but willing to give it another try on our return to the cape. We order more authentic type dishes but they have the typical tacos, etc.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lynn1818
Connecticut
“Not good”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I read the reviews and decided to try this place. My husband and I love Mexican food and so we were hopeful. I have to say though that it was probably the worse Mexican restaurant we have ever eaten at. To start they give you chips and salsa. The salsa tastes like it came from a huge can or jar. Really I buy better jarred salsa in the supermarket. It was bland. Big disappointment. Then I ordered a beef chimichanga and at other places the outer shell is crispy. Well here the shell was soggy and chewy. Also, the shredded beef inside lacked flavor. The rice appeared to be microwaved since the top layer was hard and dry. I was just disappointed in the whole meal. Also, the restaurant itself seemed grimy and dirty. Thank goodness I ordered a margarita and it was huge. I was able to drown my disappointment ....

Newington, Connecticut
“Mexican food in the middle of Seafood heaven.”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The food here is average Mexican food. I feel like if this place had competition it would close down or be forced to step it up a little. Because it's in the middle of Seafood heaven with not to many other choices it makes you feel like it is another option for a meal. Also went with my 20 month old and asked for a high chair and was given a booster chair because they don't have high chairs. So if your planning on bringing a small child you will not be provided with one. The server did however provide crayons and paper to help pass the time. As far as service, after we were served our meal no one came to ask if our food was enjoyable until our plates were empty. Lastly once we received our checks, the server didn't bother to clear the table before taking my payment. As a matter of fact our table wasn't cleared until we stood up to leave. Ive seen some of the other reviews for this place was better but this was based on my experience. You make the choice.

Toronto, Canada
“Great margaritas”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Food was good. Drinks awesome. Very cheap. Kids loved the very cool gum ball machine. I had never seen anything like it. Had the blue moon margarita. It was not skimpy like most places. Full value. I could go for one now, just thinking about it. Food could have been spicier, but there was hot sauce at the table and it was perfect for the kids.
Would definitely go back.

Visited July 2013