“Comfortable stay in a well managed property”
Review of Tidewater Inn

Tidewater Inn
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Reviewed 12 August 2010

My husband and I with our 12 y.o. stayed at Tidewater 3rd week of July. We had booked a room on the second floor overlooking the Lewis Bay. - Interior corridors and quick access to Helen's Diner, snack / pop machines, indoor pool and the microwave. Our room was large and clean, always at a perfect temperature. The bathroom, tiny but clean. The sink is outside the bathroom with marble countertop. We made use of the coffee maker provided and it was great having a mini-fridge as well as access to the microwave on the 1st floor and the chairs on our balcony to dry our beach towels. We had breakfast at Helen's Diner every morning since we got the breakfast package, let me tell you, every single dish we had was delicious! Our days started off good because of the good breakfast we had served with a smile. The front desk staffs, Voula, Lisa and Charles all are courteous and very helpful. On the rainy days we were at the indoor pool, clean and spacious just like the outdoor pool which also had good music playing. Guests had access to game boards, foosball and ping-pong in the main building - great to have for rainy day. The grounds were pretty and well maintained. I was able to see my daughter and friends children play at the outdoor swing set and play area from my balcony. There was a large field which also had grill, picnic table and loungers. One day we took dinner out ad enjoyed it and the tables placed outside the diner surrounded by flowers overlooking the bay. There's an area set up to play horseshoes. We were able to easily reach several beaches, the Mall and Hyannis from the hotel and many good restaurants and mini-golf vary close by. We would definitely stay here again. Thank you Tidewater it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank smileapril

Reviewed 9 August 2010

The gentleman who checked us in was very friendly. The room was pretty basic. Everything was a bit dated, but in the case of the shower, this was a good thing. The shower head was not one of those newer low-flow water saving devices typical in new construction. The water volume was huge. Helen's Diner was good for breakfast and reasonably priced except for the juice which came in something not much larger than a shot glass. The outdoor pool was clean (did not use the indoor pool.) The only blemish on the stay was the curt response we got from the front desk Sunday when my wife called and asked about local Catholic Mass. The woman seemed annoyed by the question. She gave us a number for a church in Hyannis, but it was a wrong number.
This aside, it was a pleasant stay and would recommend it to anyone looking for simple accommodations at a budget price.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Mogulz
Reviewed 29 July 2010

This place stinks! Right when we opened the door the smell was awful. As I went further into the room it got worse. I swear the shower head was the "before" head from the CLR commercial. There is ZERO light in the shower. Sand all over the bathroom floor. The carpet was covered with stains. The bed spread looked like it hadn't been washed in months. The bed was very uncomfortable. Toilet didnt flush. AC and fridge barely worked. 19" TV????? Come on! I did not see any bugs. We were supposed to stay 3 nights but left after 1 night. We paid 120 for the night. I know thats low for the cape but I still expect certain minimum standards to be met.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank smh2324
Reviewed 28 July 2010

I stayed here with girlfriends for a Womens weekend, and it was great! They gave us a discount for the rooms, becasue we had a large group. They were very nice when we arrived and made sure what ever we need was there. The rooms were clean, and inviting! Will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2010

I just stayed at this inn with my girlfriend and I was pleasantly surprised. I booked the "Manager's Special" right off thier website for $119 and didn't know what to expect. The rooms are fairly small with retro design, but are very clean with a strong air conditioner and mini fridge. I was really impressed with the lot. It has a well maintained outdoor pool, as well as an indoor pool. In the back there's a large field to either toss a football or frisbee around and it has a spot set up to play horseshoes. The yard includes a couple of swingsets and a small playground station for kids.
The best part of our stay was the retro 50's style dinner with great service and great breakfast food. I would stay there agian in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AC2020
Reviewed 9 July 2010

Having spent many times at the Tidewater it is always nice to return. Clean rooms child safety and fun for all. Thank You again and looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I would stay there again on my next trip. good value for the price, centrally located and clean.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
#9 of 20 in West Yarmouth
All Seasons Resort
All Seasons Resort
#10 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Tidewater Inn? Share your experiences!